Will weed be legal in The UK soon?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NeverMind94, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Though I do forget a shit load of things minutes after, I very we'll may have been wrong!! But don't blame me blame the media.

The point, the whole reason I posted. Was positive attitude. I'm keeping my chin up with my head high on this. I'm certain the uk will legalise. Might not be tomorrow might not be in 2 years, who knows. But, mp's have been sacked for mentioning weed. I think people are scared to bring it up they don't take them seriously. That's the issue. Who was it a fortnight ago the chief inspector growing weed? Or just smoking I can't remember but the fact is, so many people do it. It makes more sense to legalise and regulate, all we need is someone to be heard but before that happens. Mr Cameron needs to give em a chance to speak up. And at the minute - he isn't.

2. Reform will definitely come within the next 10-15 years! I think that one of the biggest selling points is the failure of the war on drugs.

3. Yeah! Yeah your right.

4. Tell you what though, I would make a terrible politician!! Haha

5. Haha sup.

Yeah I more meant what is supported or opposed in commons rather than the ideology of any particular minister. I'm sure many have read up on the facts and know its all bullshit but party and appearance comes first I suppose. Politics yo ;)

6. Good and honest people can't be politicians! You have to be willing to lie, cheat and sell your integrity to the highest bidder.

7. So... A car saleman essentially.

8. Well said my friend........ Well said.

9. For the UK it will take a while considering David Cameron is anti-drugs but eh it will happen soon, end of this decade i reckon.

The Legalisation of Cannabis - e-petitions

Thats a petition to make government talk about cannabis but whether or not they will give a shit I don't know

Americans, count yourselves lucky!

10. probably not I think it's a case of more and more people not caring about it anymore. We seem to be going backwards though

11. I think it's more because people don't care anymore. It's so easy to get a bit that they don't care if it's not legal.

And in my case all i have to do is cross the road to get £20's worth so I'm not too bothered about legalization. I just don't want to get caught one day :p

12. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/02/czech-pharmacies-begin-selling-medical-marijuana/

Told you, idiot.

13. ^^this. UK is likely to the last country to legalize, if ever. But if you live in a densely populated area, it doesnt matter much. There are some coffeeshops in London selling high quality dank and weed imported from Amsterdam is around. But no matter that ppl will always find a way to rip you off.

Really sad, especially when compared to US.

14. Theres another petition on same website an mp started with twice as many sigs. its to discuss the faile missuse of drugs act. might be worth signing both as tgey both have same.aim. i think if u get 100k signitures they have to discuss in house of commons. id say sign botg and perhaps post links where you can.

15. This won't happen for years in the U.K, if ever.

One of the reasons I'm voting for independence, I think we'd stand more of a chance of it being legalised in Scotland if we were no longer part of the UK. It would take time and no party is going to mention it anytime before, or even after the referendum. But I do think it's more likely to happen without Westminster having the final say. You could present that lot with evidence that cannabis cures every disease in the world, but they'd have such a hard time removing their heads from their arses, you'd never get a straight answer.

Both are long shots though, realistically, independence probably won't happen and neither will legalised marijuana, it's a nice thought though.

I'm not even that fussed about it being legal to be honest, as long as I can grow a few plants for myself without fear of persecution. I don't think that's too much to ask.

16. Ireland is only allowing prescription Sativex, not actual weed in bud form or any form other than under the tongue spray.

The UK won't be legalising it within the next 5 years. I'd say class C decriminalisation within the next 3 years when the Tories are going out of power, it'll be pushed through quickly before the next election so they can brag about it years later when its starting to be legalised everywhere.

17. The SNP have seemed pretty against the idea when I've heard their party members mention it, could be wrong though.

I hope Scotland votes yes, and people then vote yes to legalise it as a source of money and sticks two fingers up at the rest of the UK. I'll be on the first boat over. The economy will be booming by weegies and students.