0 background with gardening, my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OGTCatalyst, Mar 14, 2013.

1. So like the title says I haven't grown anything since a bean plant when I was 8. I will gladly accept any helpful comments and suggestions on what I should do. I decided to go hydro with a top drip system.

The Bud: Single Seed Centre
    1x - Vanilla Kush
    1x - Killmanjaro
    1x - Kaya Gold
    1x - Venus Flytrap
    1x - Punky Lion(Free)
    1x - Automatic Ultraviolet(Free)

I went with multiple strains for the variety, I am not expecting all 6 seeds to germ and grow, but it'd be sweet!

Grow Equipment:

2x - 120W LED flood lights 1300 lumens. Energy usage = 24W
    20 gallon bucket
    250 gph water pump
    Using Coleman Tent for flowering, planning to cover the entirety of the inside with mylar. Was going to have my veg plants in my closet and the flowering tent is in the basement. It's been packed away for a lil' while, scrub it clean?

I live in Colorado and was wondering how am I going to keep the plants temp around 76 degrees during the freezing months of winter? Just crank the heat up? Anyone in CO with advice?

Pictures attached to show what I have put together so far. I am on a tight budget. I have my drip stakes and plant feeders together, one set of 4 is 12" and other 4 is 18" inches. tray is 4x2 ft with a plastic covering with opening and closing vents (When do I open them/When do I close them?). Do I need smaller drip stakes? My hydro store didn't have any so I had to go to Home DePot. I have been reading a lot through this forums trying to soak up as much information as possible. I am nervous about my first grow as I don't want a bad experience to affect my green thumb future.

Things to buy:
    I still need nutes, fans, mylar, a decent fabricated draining system to re-use water or is it better not to re-use? Flowering light fixture. pH/Hydro reader. Do you the fans need to be in the flowering tent or in veg room too? Ideas on getting fresh air to a basement that's unfinished so its lonely and dark down there.

My seeds should be here any day. so please feel free to leave comments/ideas or ways to improve my grow and it's setup.

P.S. Will upload the photos I have later, Windows 8 is being a top of the line OS right now.