Anyone else like superhero movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I thought that Captain America was kind of a lame movie. Avengers was good though.

2. Yeah, Avengers is a great movie.

Captain America is average. However, I did love the message of someone with a good heart being endowed with special powers and abilities simply because they truly deserved them and would always use them with the best intentions.

3. Thor 2 trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7rocHEecE]Thor: The Dark World trailer UK -- Official Marvel | HD - YouTube[/ame]

4. #24 Doctor Strange, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    At face value it's not really a superhero movie. It's more an idealized American/Allied World War Two film, with Captain America in it. That's not a bad thing though, one of the best things about the Disney/Marvel series is that each film fits in a different genre. Iron Man is science fiction, Thor is fantasy etc. Chris Evans is an awesome Cap and Hugo Weaving eats it up as the Red Skull.

Looking forward to Man of Steel. I've never liked the Superman films (not even the originals, the music was cool but the rest isn't my cup of tea) but I love the character, so I'm looking forward to seeing a different take on it. Looking like it's going to be a great movie, could be the Batman Begins for the Superman franchise. Also excited that it might kick off a Justice League build up/series.

The Dark World looks really good too. Look to be more 'grounded' than the first film. Thor was my favourite of the pre-Avengers Marvel movies so I'm looking forward to seeing a more personal film.

5. 1. X-men 2
    2. The Avengers
    3.V for vendetta
    4. The dark knight
    5. Iron Man

Also I am beyond geeking out about x-men days of future past that just started filming this week.

6. Release dates for the next few years.

2015 -
    May 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron
    July 17: Ant-Man
    August 7: Fantastic Four
    \n2016 -
    February 12: Deadpool
    March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    May 6: Captain America: Civil War
    May 27: X-Men: Apocalypse
    August 5: Suicide Squad
    November 4: Doctor Strange
    November 11: Sinister Six
    \n2017 -
    March 3: Untitled Wolverine sequel
    May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    June 23: Wonder Woman
    July 14: Fantastic Four 2
    July 28: Thor: Ragnarok
    November 3: Black Panther
    November 17: Justice League, Part 1
    \n2018 -
    March 23: The Flash
    May: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
    July 6: Captain Marvel
    July 13: Yet to be revealed Marvel Comics film from Fox
    July 27: Aquaman
    November 2: Inhumans
    Yet to be announced date: Amazing Spider-Man 3
    \n2019 -
    April 5: Shazam
    May: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
    June 14: Justice League, Part 2
    \n2020 -
    April 3: Cyborg
    June 19: Green Lantern

7. #27 Johnny Blazed, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    dc has to be looking at what marvel is doing with their movies and feelin jealous as fuck they all make like 80 million first week now lol who would of guessed guardians of the galaxy which most of the public never heard of before the commercials came to tv would make 100 million first week? and it deserved it same with captain america 2 and days of future past  those we great fuckin movies

stan lee has to be making so much money marvel might be making more money on movies then anybody in hollywood its like they can do no wrong

8. #28 Deleted member 813926, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Yea i love these kind of movies. i would end up being a villain though if i had super powers

x men
    sin city
    spiderman
    avengers
    the watchmen

9. I like superheroes from the comics to the big-screen...often for me, a shitty superhero movie is better than a mediocre mainstream flick...sadly my knowledge of the background stuff is limited to Marvel, just learning about the various 'universes' right now...I have really been impressed with the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy...Spiderman is seeming to run out of steam and there is no real reason why it should..but I also like the darker, lesser known super-heroes as well such as Spawn and Darkman too...

10. Superman
    Spiderman
    Batman
    Thor
    Captain America