defiency vs toxicity question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by R squaRed, Mar 11, 2013.

1. #1 R squaRed, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    just as title says, as a newb how do i tell if i have a defiency vs toxicity? i can see my leaves looking darker on their outter fringe with the center of leaf looks a little pale. the plants are just over 35 days old & just a foot tall & my roots are just starting to hit the nute solution in my dwc setup. its right at 700-800 ppm-5.6-6.1 ph.. how can i tell if my nutes should be cranked up or dialed back.:confused: oh btw, the plants are LA confidential & LA silver & im using general hydro 3 part nutes & all their ammendments(diamond nectar, flora nectar, flora blend, foralicous plus, rapid start) + calimagic bc my water comes out of tap under 15 ppm

heres the la con
    [​IMG]

LA silver
    [​IMG]

2. it was a serious question, but just got buried...i mean from what ive read and pictures/drawings ive seen they show the 2 looking very similar, (certain toxicity looks like a deficent nute of some other kind from descriptions in the bible) how do you kno if your burning them or they are still hungry?

3. I'm a newb as well and your pics are hard to see the problem but defiency from what I've read and experienced, they tend to start at the bottom and work up.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

4. thanks for comment but my pics werent to show the problem, they seem ok i was just showin them off. i will post pics of them 2 morrow almost at end week 6. i added a diagonal screen but the LA con never really made it to the screen. but they are pretty

5. if its about color, show us pics with colors. what I can see is a little bit of heat stress

6. #6 R squaRed, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
    as promised new pics of these girls
    [​IMG]

here u can see how i did the "screen" the LA confidential just didnt get very tall
    [​IMG]

heres the other side, the silver LA has made a carpet
    [​IMG]

heres close up of a random nug, the pic doesnt do justice
    [​IMG]

heres a shot of the bottom..nothin fancy just three 5 gallon buckets running rdwc. plants in 2 & the fan is sitting on 1
    [​IMG]

7. oh and what i meant by my initial question was when you 1st flip to 12/12 the tops all seem to turn yellowish, i see it before they start making the bud, then it goes away. is this a lack of nutes or to rich nutes or just something they do?