ISO 91 % for reclaiming

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by M3ssenger, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I've noticed after I got my e-nail, I barely get any claim any more. I was cleaning my rigs like once a week and now they barely need it every 2 weeks, I basically just keep up on changing the water :p

2. Do you use a dropdown? All
    My homies that have e-nails have clean ass pieces because their dropdowns catch all the claim. I haven't gotten my in the mail yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I heard e-nails are the optimum way to dab I would get one but I know my high ass would knock that shit down

4. #45 Dr.Fumbles, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Edit*

5. How often do you change your water? I probably only switch it once every 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. every few days probably

7. Hi someone already mentioned it but in the wrong waySALT!!   a.k.a Sodium Chloride. Not every type of salt you use on a regular basis is Sodium Chloride but all you have to look at is the ingredients. Also make sure it isn't Iodized. What you do is take your salt and pour it into a glass jar or whatever you have laying around that ISO won't degrade and has a good lid. Put a good amount but there is not exact amount needed as far as I know. I've found that more is better then less cause it seems to work faster. Anyway put in salt then pour in your more common way cheaper 70% or 91% ISO on the salt. Close your lid and shake it very aggressively till you see that the salt is mixed in with the total contents of the jar. Next just set your container on a table and wait about 10-25 mins you can even watch it if you want it's kinda cool. But what happens is a process called salting out. ISO doesn't like salt so the water mixes with it pushing the ISO to sit on top of the now salty water. Then just gently take off your lid and pull the now very much purer ISO off from the water with a turkey baster or whatever your mind can think off. 
    \t \t 

8. pretty sure you need drying salts for that, not table salt.

9. That seems like a lot of work for reclaim.

10. table salt is fine i promise you i've done it myself

11. I'm not sure about your oven purging, but your milky color is more than likely do to the fact the isopropyl will dissolve more chlorophyll from your starting material giving it that different color. No need to worry.

12. so i have like 6 bottles of 91% iso that are reclaim from various bongs and pipes. no salt. would i be able to run that through a coffee filter and heat it in the oven at a a lower temp?

13. If it's reclaim and not a fresh bud run, 91% is fine. The only thing left after evaporation which takes hours should be water, the white milky cloud stuff you see, mixed with broken down fats from the oils. It's not harmful in anyway when fully dried and usually the milky part can be poured off easily without spilling any of the already stuck to the dish reclaim. I'm not sure why you would use an illegal substance to reclaim but I'd highly suggest never using alcohol unless you intend on flavoring the pil.