The BASIS of our rights, and WHY the 2nd amendment should matter to YOU

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by seaf0ur, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I actually just saw that video, I think it was linked to the guy who slapped the army guy.

2. But they have 'protect and serve' painted on their cars! :p

I can't believe there are still people who trust that police would protect them, or just be able to protect them.

3. But they have the obligation to shout out "he's got a weapon" then discharge a few rounds into a senile amputee in his own home.

4. "They're comin' right for us....." Then its 2 "warning" shots in the back....

5. "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Benjamin Franklin

6. *throws up a flaming pitchfork*

7. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

[​IMG]

8. the governments answer to not being able to pass gun control legislation buy as much ammunition as possible so theres none on the market for gun owners to buy no joke the other day the department of homeland security purchased 2 billion rounds of ammunition mean while weapons and ammo have gone up 200-300%

9. I appreciate your liberal use of punctuation! It made what you had to say even more coherent and easy to read!

10. oh you got me good im the first person in the history of the internet to not use correct grammar the historians will write about the day legalizetheweed stood up to deadhead for not using correct punctuation grasscity is a better place now that you addressed this serious issue

11. Read through the thread this morning and  I echo the indignation and outrage of many other responders;  like them I have nothing but observations with no solutions.  Personally, denial has been my lifelong weapon of choice and escapism via my beloved weed the coping strategy.   In my fortress of daydreams and nightmares, I've sadly watched with increasing detachment as "my America" has disappeared like morning mist to reveal that I'd only imagined these rights and freedoms.  Looking back through the history of this country (and the world for that matter) it's easy to realize the ideals we cherish are just that, ideals and not actuality.  There has always been a heavy hand played by those in charge and a disregard for and dehumanization of those they rule and even worse for those who oppose.  The movie "Cool Hand Luke" is one of my favorites for this reason;  it uses the title character as a Christ-like figure to suffer the sins for, then redeem and empower his fellows with ultimately no affect on the system.   Much as I long to be the voice of reason in this insane "War on Drugs" and involve myself in the legalization of cannabis, I fear that all I would do is sacrifice myself and my loved ones to no avail.  At this point in my life I more fear than trust my own government and in my 55 years on Earth have never seen a politician, pundit, or preacher actually speak for and work towards a better world;  all, in my view, are self serving and would gladly sacrifice me and my family to serve their ends.  As I mentioned only observations with no solutions but a rainbow always hovers over my dark soul that is the knowledge that most people in my day to day life share my hope for a more perfect tomorrow.

12. Weak and defenseless in the darkness alone
    when I was a caveman I picked up a stone
    from the cave to the moon, from the rock to a gun
    with rockets and bombs that could blow up the Sun
    while day after day and year after year
    I'm still just a caveman living in fear