Trimming question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BigKent, Oct 13, 2006.

1. I have a question for the pro's out there..I have 2 small plants and they are budding nicely but the trichs are still clear....The plants have large leavs at the top so I cut them off so the lower branches can get more light..will this screw with the plant too much will that kill the plant?. Also is cureing leaves the same as curing buds? Let them dry and then cure them in air tight containers? Thanks for the help:eek:

BigK

2. They'll be fine, I've done it a bunch of times without any ill effects. You don't want to take out a ton of them or start trimming branches though.

About curing the leaves, not sure why you'd want to do that.

3. I've always stood by the idea that you shouldnt trim during flowering, but i'm assuming if you take a couple fan leaves off, it won't hurt too much. But the fan leaves gather up all the light energyu and make those buds grow big.

Personally, I would suggest against it.

4. Yeah well shit....I cut the bigger leaves to get more light on the bottom buds. Well this is my first grow and I have lerned so much already from the fellas here. Next time will be alot better I hope...:hello:

Pretty Buds:

The leaves smoke right? You smoke the leaves like the bud correct? :confused:

5. To answer Senior Ganj, I'd say don't trim, but I've found that taking off some big fan leaves is fine, never hurt the buds, besides, the buds have LOTS of leaves themselves plus what's underneath, it'll be fine.

BigKent, the big fan leaves? I may be wrong, but I don't think so, the big fan leaves are good for nothing THC-wise. If you're gonna smoke leaves wait until the smaller leaves gather some trichomes (or crystals), because that's where the high comes in. Smoking the fan leaves won't do anything for ya. It's the smaller leaves closer to the buds that gather all the good stuff!

6. The answer is, there fodder for the compost, there only purpose in life was to grow you bud and you cut that short. Just kidding you about the sarcastic part, the plant will be just fine just don't remove anymore, and if you didn't remove them all it shouldn't hurt your bud development to much.

7. OK guys thanks...looking forward to a good home grown smoke:hello:...or maybe cuz I am dry ! Go figure:rolleyes::(

8. :smoke: <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1257298" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>BigKent</TD><TD class=alt2>I have a question for the pro's out there..I have 2 small plants and they are budding nicely but the trichs are still clear....The plants have large leavs at the top so I cut them off so the lower branches can get more light..will this screw with the plant too much will that kill the plant?. Also is cureing leaves the same as curing buds? Let them dry and then cure them in air tight containers? Thanks for the help:eek:

BigK</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wouldnt suggest trimming off any fan leaves ....there is a purpose for the fan leaves it absorbs light for your bud......so you remove them less energy for you bud.....also it slows down the bud process when you remove leaves in the budding process....think about it ....your plant is trying to bud not repair itself.....trust me......the only time i would trim leaves off the plant would be to create more breathing rooom for the buds ....it allow more air to cirulate in around the plant to prevent mold....

The best time to doing what your asking is in the vegataive state of the plants life that way the plant has time to repair itself before it goes into budding.

Srry dudes but half the people on here (no offence) dont know what there taking about.........big fan leaves ....fuck ya there is a purpose ...you can make hash, bubble hash, oil or honey oil.....ive done it all there is no wasting anything from the MJ....fuck you can make teas with the stock (doesnt taste good) but it fucks you up.

9. Hey Green

Yeah man thanks for the info...I figured you could smoke the leaves or at least get something from them. I am not a smoke snobb...I will smoke just aobut anything. I do it for pain relif and the shit gets expensive. I am dry now....sucks ass...anyone help?