Reggie Seed x2 First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by AfghaniMani, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I stuck 3 northern lights seeds in soil just for fun added water and a week later I found 3 lil babies. they get 13 hours of sun. I'm in south Africa. not sure what to do next tho

ForumRunner_20130311_233116.png

2. Okay il be sure to follow 3-3-1 for the vegative stage at least try to haha. In my case it will be 3-1-2 then move up to 6-2-4 for the vegative stage (all purpose) and 2.25-2.25-2.625 then move up to 4.5-4.5-5.25 for the flowering stage (tomato food).

Do you think i will get good bud from using these nutes?

Update: THEIR ALIVE! :D Day 4

Attached Files:

3. Nice dude where did u get the northern lights seeds from bro?

Okay for the first week which is pretty much almost over you should have kept the soil moist. To water wait until the soil is dry 1" in, stick your finger in and find out. Water it until you get a little runoff right?

You should buy 3 pots about 6" pots or if you want just go ahead and plant it in the big 4-5 gallon pot after about a week or so more of growth since your growing outdoors try to keep it under the sun as long as possible.

Good Luck!

4. Just testing out my signature.

5. See the student has already become the teacher haha :)

6. I did a shit load of research man, my brain is fried haha! :hello:

7. Haha sounds like me a few weeks ago. Get ready for your head to be spinning! I've been giving hair cuts all day. Theory has it the less leaves the more nutrients for the flowers and buds. So I'm trimming all my gorgeous fan leaves :-(

image-2333825691.png

It's like a crime scene

Attached Files:

8. No! That's bad! The plant gets its energy from the leaves and more leaves = more collection of sunlight which = more growth = more bud.

I heard of it too but I researched along and found out it was a bad idea . Stop right now lol. You can defoliate some, but it has to be the ones that look the healthiest . I still wouldn't recommend it.

WAIT I take that all back I'm too lazy to erase lol.
    Be prepared to read!

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-defoliation-tutorial

9. #49 kellyk3059, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    I probably shouldn't have put it that way. I didn't trim ALL of them just some. For the under canopy to get as much light as possible so as
    Many bud sites form as possible. Ill let you know if I made a major mistake. Haha :-(

PS- that website has some great info. I never buy those grow books. The Internet has led to all that info leaking online. :) spend the money on some good soil or nutes.

10. Defoliation looks interesting haha it seems too risky if you ask me. If you mess up your plant dies lol.

Day 5: Its been 5 days and their growing pretty fast! Their about 2" above the soil and the first fan leafs are developing quite nicely!

The soil seemed a little dry about 1/3 an inch down and i sprayed it a little to keep it moist for the first week. I had to place them inside by the the window since the temperature was dropping well into the 40's. They seem healthy!

I cant wait!

Attached Files:

11. Patience young Jedi. It must be strong within you. Haha, also! Don't get too attached! You of my babies betrayed me and showed his balls :-( they are small circle sacks, just one small ball. The other baby showed her little tiny white hairs. I was ecstatic. I hope you have better luck with your ratio. So my count is 2 flower- 1 cuz it's male. 3 veggies soil 3 sprouts DWC hydro. One orphan sprout that I found

12. I'm attached like a momma bear! Haha! But if he dares show his balls it's over for that fellow.

Thanks man! Good luck with the bud! Are mine growing fast, normal, or slow?

Also their getting kinda long bro, aren't they supposed to become short and bushy?

Oh fuck I hope it's not a sativa. If it is il have to top it... ;(

Do you know the negatives about topping?

13. They're getting long because they have to stretch towards the light. It would be better if you could get a couple CFL's over them instead of relying on the light from a windowsill. As of right now I'd say they're growing normally though. If you can't get artificial light over them it wont be a huge deal, just make sure you bury the stem when you transplant so it doesn't get a chance to damage the plant.

The only negative I can think if with topping is that it places stress on the plant so it will stunt growth for a short period of time. That doesn't really matter though because it will have plenty of time to recover and will then grow more colas.

Not that it matters, but those leaves are cotyledons not fan leaves. They'll probably fall off in a few weeks when you get more growth.

14. Ahh, well mate in my opinion and research, nothing is better than mother nature's sun! And its not a windowsill, its a patio like the ones the apartments have and i get good hours of direct sunlight and i place them there.

Ill be sure to bury the stem when i transplant them.

I had a question though, When would it be time to transplant? And to what size container? The red and yellow ones? or a big 3-4 gallon one?

Here have a look at their size, i don't know if their ready yet. :confused:

SEEDLING PRON!! lol

Attached Files:

15. Oh my bad, those new pictures look fine, they're not really stretching. The patio should be fine for light.

They still look like they can go a little longer in the container they're in and its really up to you on how you want to transplant. I hear the more you transplant the stronger the root system becomes because it keeps having to branch out once it hits the bottom. So if you transplant 3 times your root system will be (in theory, I haven't tested this) stronger than just transplanting once. The downside is you have more chances of fucking up the plant and causing too much stress the more you transplant.

16. Thanks man, and il keep them here for a couple more days about 4-5 days longer.

Do you think I should plant them in the pots the bottles are in ? Or just put them straight in these 10" pots ?

I'm confused on that part. I will also be topping my plants when ever they become the height I want them at .

Please help .

Attached Files:

17. If you don't have an objection to doing multiple transplants I'd say go to the smaller and then transplant again when you need to. If you're worried about damaging the root system then just go straight to the big pot; it won't harm it to go straight to the bigger pot.

18. Hmm, in 4 days ill transplant them to the red and yellow pots. Then once the plant is about 6-8" i will transplant them to the big 10" pots.

What i am worried about is that i cannot see root development. I don't know when the root is about to touch the bottom, and i don't know how big the roots are.

I want to grow good you know?

19. Yeah I know what you mean. Someone (I thought in this thread) had a good idea about poking some holes in the pot and just keeping them covered. That would let you see the roots but would only expose them to light for a few seconds. Make sure to keep the holes covered if you do that though as light damages the roots.

20. I'm pretty sure it was a super smart guy. :) borderline genius. LoL. I us marbles and large oval shaped marbles that i put in the bottom for drainage. As well as my hole cover method to see roots becuz I used to use a spongey type scrubber pad... Bad idea. They got all entangled and I ended up chopping some off.. No ill effect to the naked eye. But it could have stunted growth. The marbles are awesome they leave plenty of room for air to get to the roots. I'm planning on looking at the root system of the male I beheaded yesterday. Just for research. I know this is getting Long but last thing. I see people killing males right away... I say practice on them if they are only
    A week into flower. Do some super cropping, try and keep everything symmetrical on each side. Try lst or cracking one side of branches to try and create larger growth/ growth to the direction you want.