Reggie Seed x2 First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by AfghaniMani, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Stupid question i guess haha, does this picture pretty much cover it all? Im going to assume that the natural green leafy color is the healthy color. When it changes color it would be time to feed!

Is my plan good or does it need adjustment?

I will dilute about a 1/2 table spoon (the small scoop) in about 25oz which is the size of my spray bottle in the picture. and il be sure to spray the soil every watering until the top 1-2" are moist and repeat when the top 2" are dry. The whole bottle wont be used i think.

I NEED HELP I'M NOT GOOD AT CALCULATIONS! :(

[​IMG]

2. How would i know when it reached the bottom of the cup in the pictures? And the pot? So if i let the tap root touch the bottom of the pot it would go straight to flower?

Could you please state the strategy to see root development again? I dont quite grasp the concept, sorry.

3. That's a good chart as a general guideline. You can Google all of those deficiencies too and I'm sure you'll see real pictures. Sorry i really cant help you on how much of the MG to use because I haven't ever used it. Just put in about 1/4 of what it says to use.

Also he was talking about autoflowers, not photos. Flowering starts when the plant only gets about 14 hours of light per day for regular plants.

4. Alright ill be putting 1/4 of a tablespoon in the spray bottle and watering it until i get about 30% runoff. Every time the top 2" of soil are dry or generally every 4-5 days. I will be bringing them inside when it rains. Is the Ph a big deal here?

So since my plant will be outside what will happen? Does it have to do with the season or something?

5. I have been reading about LST and Topping and i don't know what to turn to. Like i mentioned before i don't want a huge plant maybe about 3 feetish at max i can let it get wide thats not a problem. Once flowering begins i will be removing some leaves so the buds get more sunlight, removing the leaves that look the healthiest correct?

6. I would definitely keep an eye on the PH and make sure it stays between 5.5-6.5 anytime you use chemicals. With outdoor plants the seasons determine when the flowering starts, once days start to get shorter flowering begins (about the beginning to middle of August). If you're trying to keep your plant small you might want to just leave the plant out for 12 hours a day once it's the size you like. This will artificially induce flowering. If you do that just make sure you keep it on a schedule everyday.

You can LST and top at the same time, plenty of people do with good results. I personally wouldn't defoliate though, the leaves are what gets energy from the sun. I saw a thread where someone was doing it and at the time it was doing well, it's just not the conventional way and I'd imagine it causes a lot of stress on the plant.

7. So what your saying is after every watering which is also feeding . Test the ph? Do I have to test it?

Hmm I think I might just leave it outside since my family would smell it haha. I hope it survives man!

Is there a guide somewhere on how to top? & would I be missing out on anything if I do decide to top? What's the difference between a FIM and a top?

8. What do you guys think about my setup so far? Are my babies going to grow? And not get nute burn?

No green leaves yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

9. Day 3: That's a sick grow man, i love it! The #1 is about to sprout! I can see the little green leaves and stem, i hope the other one isn't dead. :(

I haven't watered yet, the soil is still moist, i removed the baggies also.

Is rain water bad?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Rain water is good! Just a little

Inspiration for you- I germed seeds and thought that one didnt pop so I threw it in a soil pot I wasn't using in a dark corner. Next week I find this little fella. Poor guy :-( but after a day of TLC it's all better and growing good! I've nicknamed him sprout

Attached Files:

11. Aww Haha, hes a fighter!

Check out this set up! Would it be worth buying this?

30" Hydroponic Grow System Indoor Box Garden Full Complete Cabinet All You Need | eBay

12. If you don't have a extra cabinet. My cab is 5ft tall by 2. Ft wide and deep. I'm looking into something bigger cuz in flower my 2 plants take up the same space that 4 used to fit :-(

13. Also with the tap root thing. One that root touches bottom
    It's sends a message to the rest of the plant "ok boys this is what we have to work with" and stops growing This happens in the small cups... If u had a way to peak at the bottom of the cup you could tell when u need to transfer. Also if roots see light they stop growing (thanks GC for that info) hope that clears it up some :)

Attached Files:

14. Whaat? How is that tap root so long? Do you think i should transplant them to the red and yellow pots as soon as they rise up?

For nutes at about week 3-4 i think i might purchase Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble Orchid Food. It has a NPK of 30-10-10. For the vegative stage.

For the flowering stage i will switch to Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Tomato Plant Food. It has a NPK of 18-18-21.

Would the bloom booster be bettwe? Or the Tomato Plant Food?

Help me out with advice, Thanks!

15. I use a 6-6-4 grow big by Fox farm for veg

I use .25-.5 the strength
    And big bloom thru out (( 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7 )

Then tiger bloom about a week or two from now ( 2 - 8 - 4 ) I'm one week into flower.

Hope those numbers help in your search. They have done me right

Attached Files:

16. But i currently cannot get my hands on those fertilizers, they are out of my budget. :( Will my miracle gro all purpose 24-8-16 and my miracle gro tomato food 18-18-21 at .25 or .5 strength be good enough? or Great?

I will start feeding at week 3 and observe my plants, if they show signs of nute burn then i will stop feeding. If they grow faster, then ON TO FULL SERVINGS! :devious:

UPDATE: Plant #2 is now peeking out of the soil! :hello:

17. Yea, I just put the numbers to give u a guideline on what worked for me. So use those numbers divided in half. So if mine was 6-6-4 it's really 3-3-1 so just try and dilute to that to start then u can add. Remember it's easier to add then it is to subtract. So u are ok with the miracle grow for your first grow. You don't learn how to drive in a tractor trailer or corvette. So anyone saying you need advanced nutrients to get a first grow or that miracle grow doesn't work. They are somewhat wrong for a first timer on a budget. Stay within your means until you take off the training wheels.