Frolf

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Montec, Mar 8, 2013.

1. i have,played 3 courses and over 150 holes so far this year, and my league starts this weekend. its my favorite summer sport, cant ever play to much

2. oh dude thats awesome i wish we had a league out here

3. ^^ the league i play is super laid back and 80 percent of us smoke, and the rest dont care

4. There's a local course near me, going to get some friends together and go there.

5. I love disc golf. although, i dont really see myself getting any better at it. pretty consistent at about 4 or 5 over.

6. It's all about the fun for me. I was never that competitive.

Even in jr high and high school, I was on soccer, volleyball and basketball teams. Sure it was nice to win, but I was there for camaraderie and the fun. Didn't bother me to lose that much.

7. I don't really play to be competitive either, I just like getting out there getting high with my friends Enjoying the outdoors etc

8. Idk where you guys are at, but where im at the weather is just coming around. It's been a hell of an april to say the least. A few days hits 60 and sunny, and then the next 4 days blizzard-like conditions. zero consistency whatsoever up here(minnesota). But things are looking up!! lol, this week i see mid 60's ...that....will hopefully STAY for sometime. but yeahhh , can't wait to start slanging the disc around. It's just a great activity to do. hopefully this thread'll keep going through the summer.

9. Oh yeah dude here In mass it's 66 one day 43 the next but I'm playing later today

10. where u at in mass? im going to play a round tonight. im in southern NH

11. im in agawam, near Springfield

12. Frisbee lol... DISC! I did the same thing for so long.

The thing I love about frolfing is it never gets old, despite playing the same course 12 million times. What got me hooked was my bro, hes pretty good. we were out one day and that motherfucker throws his disc and it had that perfect "S" curve on it. We must have been a good 100 yards away, and at the top of the curve it swings in between two trees with like a foot gap, and about 20 feet behind the tree was the basket, and we just heard those chains rattle:wave:!!

I've never seen anything like it, and that happened a long time ago. Good times!:smoke:

13. I dont know where my life would be with out disc golf and a gpen. Middle of nowhere survival guide.

14. Frolfing is amazing, I go almost every day that it is nice out, shit I also go in the huge wind and around here we have courses that have a full course (sometimes even 27 holes instead of 18) for the summer and a completely different 18 for the winter and I used to go all the time in the winter with my doggies (summer too) sadly they are gone but I still frolf year round

15. Im off to throw 9 :p jealous on the 27 ^^

16. I've only played one or two 18 hole courses, a 27 is heard of around here. Been throwing some good discs the past two times I've played.
    Anyone else religiously throw sidearms for their drives? I'll do a sidearm for my mid sometimes if I'm a good distance away from the hole. My backhand isn't the best, not sure why I can't get it down too well.

17. Ya I sidearm 80% of my drives. A lot of the times in a wooded area I might go with the backhand, or if it super windy I'll tomahawk. Midrange is usually backhand for me

18. Side Arm All Day Err Day

19. I feel like I have more control with a sidearm. I also have gotten pretty good at sidearm tomahawking, if I gotta go over power lines or high trees off the tee, I can do like a hybrid sidearm tomahawk throw and usually wind pretty good. My putting needs some work. I hate having birdie shots after a great drive only to miss and make the usual par.