Ozzies Plunge Down the Rabbit Hole

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Ozzie_x, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Well fellas got some fem spray to try today in the mail so we'll see what happens.
    [​IMG]

More details to follow in my thread, posted here first :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2502 lbezphil2005, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    one thing on feminized breeding.  Most breeders with scruples will stress test the female they are working with for hermi factors, as well as drought and bug issues, etc, before using those plants as the parents.  That way the chance of a light leak or other stress factor causing it to turn male is far less than if you just pick up two different clones from a dispensary, spray a branch or two on one of them and breed like that. JUst because you sprayed something on it to change the sex doesn't mean stress is going to make it hermie - the hermie is in the plant itself before the gibberelin or whatever you are using is sprayed.  the change after the spray is the way the plant reacts when hit with those certain chemicals only, otherwise you could make plants turn male in a lot more ways than there are  If you buy from reputable breeders (freak of cabin fever seed breeders is one I know personally, connoisseur genetics, Dinafem DNA, GHS and a few others are ones i have personally grown and recommend  ) and just try and take the best care you can of your babies your chances of having problems are far less.  DNA is another I trust - i ran their chocolope kush outdoor in 2013 with no problem, and it was some of the most talked about smoke around that year - local dispensary told me it was the best outdoor they saw.  I've grown out quite a few feminized seeds from those listed above as well as a couple of private breeders with nary a nanner yet - and as you all well know i can have my major screwups to stress these babies!!!  Do your research on who makes the seeds, talk to the breeder if you get a chance, etc. so forth and so on.

Whats even better is a lot of the time you get a really close representation of the parent, especially if its say a femmed version of the parent, like a gdp s1 - the picture of the mother is what your plant will pretty much look like, or damn close, in my experience.

Anyway, if you are going to breed fems, I can't wait - a femmed version of the blockhead pheno would be a killer release, my friend - just as a hint, lmao!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. #2503 rain dancer, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    ^ your post reminds me a lot of redworms (eiseina fetida)

Redworms (composting worms) lives are directly influenced by their environment. If they are placed into an environment too acidic, they breed and die. The next round birthed into the environment that was too acidic for the previous generation thrives in those conditions.

It would make sense to a degree that a plant "birthed in stress" might be more more resistant to it, but im sure things could also go the other way, where a plant birthed in stress cant resist stress at all lol

Ive only had two hermies ever. One being environmental (timer came on 15 mins per night during dark period) and my first plant popped as a hermie, as all subsequent clones were aswell.

Other than that ive grown tons of fems with no issues whatsoever. Like most things, success is up to the beholder.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hey oz hope all is well! Was doing a lil work in the garage the other day and found a container with 2 wizards fire seeds! Can't wait to see what they can do!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey guys, been super busy. all's well. upgrade hit a standstill and we decided that now is not the right time. 

To those who know..... mail is going in tomorrow afternoon. so sorry its taken so long

• Like Like x 6
  6. Hey oz what's the average flower time on the wizards fire?

7. good to see you up and about bud, im sure i wasnt the only one with you in their thoughts 👍

8. I've actually never had a fem make it to flower!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oh no way! Well hopefully I get a girl then

10. #2510 rain dancer, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    YESSSSSS!!!!!!
    :D

A stand still!?

I mean NOOOOOOOO!!!! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. 😎

12. Glad to have you back Ozzy hope youre well brother!
    Take it easy man!
    ~ poke

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ozzy the one WF seed i found and germed is doing well..small compared to the others started much earlier..the two big ones are moving to different chmbr soon..under big led..had no idea WF was so twitchy or rare till you started tlkng about it..i'll give it my best shot
    harvest for winnter 001.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hey Ozzie!  I have one sour flaming cookies vegging along, almost recovered and stacking nodes like crazy, will post some pics up once she's completely healthy and pretty again - I screwed up at transplant, should have let it dry more but oh well.  I'm growing for me, not on any schedule, not for profit or anything else, just finished quality of the product.  really liking its looks, my friend, once again you have done a great job with some fire genetics. 

ON a screwed up note, my frigging hep c is back - so much for being undetectable.  already 2.9 million and rising, frigging crap.  hopefully the ins co will okay a new round of medicine soon.  I also might have to quit smoking cannabis.  the doc said something about smoking and the liver, got to research and make sure that it is cigarette smoke and not both.  maybe a vaporizer?  Anybody got a used volcano they'd like to donate?  lol!!  oh man, life goes on!  I love growing cannabis to give up on anything just yet!!  later brother!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yaaay glad to hear from you ozzie, glad all is well!!

-From a small patio in socal

• Like Like x 1
  16. Edibles?
    Tinctures?

• Like Like x 2
  17. already doing that too - I have been smoking herb for a long time, off and on,, and its one thing i don't want to give up if i don't absolutely have to.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Good to see ya around again, we definitely gotta kick it next time I'm on the east side of the state.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #2519 RED BEARD, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    My current haz-c's in 8th week 1416970128310.jpg 1416970156156.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Tasty lookin bitch ya got there

• Like Like x 1