Illinois Medical Cannabis Passes Committee

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by mos619, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I believe that they are still on "recess" and won't be back to work til Monday
    Call your reps local office & tell them you support this bill and that you vote

2. I just want to know one thing. If it passes both house and senate, and that douchebag Quinn vetoes WHICH HE WILL, that means we're fucked until we get a new governor, correct?

Pretty sure that cocksucker is going to run again, and lick the assholes of all the chicago area voters just like last time. Anyone who voted for him needs to do the world a favor and kill themselves. Sorry, off topic, but yeah, his veto will stop this won't it?

3. its on the 8th

4. An earlier (more liberal) version of this bill passed the senate easily last year,
    I have not seen any indication of what Quinn would do.....but if he does veto it, you are right, the chances of overriding his veto in the house are slim....

As for the next election, Quinn may not make it out of the primary if Lisa Madigan decides to run....her daddy will make sure Quinn loses

5. Hell, 52% of Americans think it should be legal anyways. Maybe that will be Obammas final hooray. Its just a matter of time...IMO.

6. I had an interesting interaction today. I was at my local Wal-Mart and there was a group of people by the doors collecting money for breast cancer. I was planning to mention something about medical cannabis them them, but passed them on the way in cause I was super nervous.

Inside the store I grew some balls, and on the way out I started talking to one of the ladies. I was surprised to find that she was completely sympathetic to the cause, but had no idea about HB1. I tried to pass on as much info as I could about cannabidiol and the upcoming deadline. She said she'd spread the word on her breast cancer pages, and I'm thinking we should do the same.

We've got 2 weeks left, let's go for broke!

7. So I misspoke before. They're returning from "recess" Monday/today. The session ends on June first, not April 19th. The 19th is the "third reading" whatever the fuck that means. So we have a lil more time, but don't let that make you complacent. Hit those bitches up tomorrow and let em know you want medical cannabis NOW!

8. So whats up with thia bill did we legalize anything in illinois cus thats probably the only reason to move back to the chi

9. If ur on the west coast stay there brutha, i moved out of IL 3 years ago for Nor Cal, never looked back. I got 2 400 gallons, and 1 200 gallon smart potsrunning in my yard this year plus some smaller bushes. All legit:hello: prop 215 son!

10. #90 Bigfoot14, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    OK

Belt in, boring shit about to be explained.........

The way a bill gets through the Illinois house......

1. Bill introduced to entire house

2. Bill assigned to committee

3. Bill debated in committee
    3A. Bill amended in committee as necessary
    3B. Bill voted on by committee, and based on the vote - a recommendation is made, in this case bill HB 1 passed the committee by the vote of 9 -6, with the recommendation to the full house of "Pass as amended"

4. Bill must then be read to the full house three (3) times, with the full text of the bill distributed to every rep each time.....

5. After the third reading, the house will then schedule a debate on the bill

6. After the full house debate,
    A. the bill may be scheduled for vote at any time the bill's sponsor thinks he has enough votes to pass
    OR
    B. if the sponsor doesn't think he has the votes, he can pull the bill and re-introduce it in the next session - this is what happened to last years medical MJ bill, it got to to step 6, but was never called to a vote because the sponsor could only get commitments for 58 of the 60 votes needed to pass

11. Thanks for demystifying the legislative process for us. I'm curious though, where'd you learn this?

12. I'm old and boring.....so I read the part of the Illinois Constitution that lays this all out

As an interesting (NOT) piece of trivia....this is the only section of the constitution that we as citizens of Illinois are allowed to change by voter (ballot) initiative .....

13. What have YOU done today to help Illinois become the 20th medical marijuana state?

I wrote a letter to my local paper and called my rep

14. I would go down on my rep but dont know who he is or what they do!^^^

15. #95 mos619, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    You can find out who your reps are here(there's a mobile and desktop version). All you do is enter your street address and look for your state representative. Their contact info should pop up as well. Simply write an email or call and tell them that you're a constituent who supports this legislation.

It's easy as T-H-C!

Also, here's a video explaining what to say if you call.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzPxpHBlrTg]5 Tips for Calling Congress on Marijuana Policy Reform - YouTube[/ame]

Even easier, just click here for a pre-written email. All you do is enter your name and address and hit send.

16. Woot! Your message was sent to :hello:

• Representative Brad E. Halbrook
    • Senator Dale A. Righter

17. Your message has been sent to the following decision makers:

Representative Tom Morrison
    Senator Matt Murphy

I totally rewrote the message......

18. I read over the text of this bill and it never mentioned any type of grower or dispensary. All it said was "primary caregiver" and "intrastate source".

The last bill had restrictions for caregivers and everything but this bill does not seem to have anything.

19. Yea those prewritten letters are kinda stupid. Not sure whether they help or hurt the cause. Their arguements seem to boil down to, everyone else is doing it c'mon.

20. I wrote about my wife's MS and the drugs she takes (Valium, Vicodin, Ambien, Oxycontin and more) to fight it..... and asked if they really thought it was better for her to take all of those or eat a brownie......