Illinois Medical Cannabis Passes Committee

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by mos619, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Yea its Tammy Duckworth, what did you expect? haha

2. Her ignorant email pisses me off, who's your rep?

3. The bill has had the mandatory three readings on the floor of the house.... now the sponsor can bring the bill up for a vote at his discretion ...so that will be when he has 60 votes in his pocket...last session rep Lang had 58 votes, so he only needs 2 more ....

And yes then it goes to the senate....but that should be an easier battle

4. I don't believe that the bill allows for personal grows (I'll have to re-read) because they want to collect all the taxes they can..........

but IF i'm growing, I'm not telling.....

5. She was the lesser of two evils.....

6. My rep is Peter Roskam....number 4 in the GOP house power structure....he doesn't even answer my emails....

by the way - I am about one block outside the 8th district

7. New Hampshire passed the medical bll into law on wednesday. I'm hoping Illinois is going to follow suit.

8. if it doesnt allow personal grows who supplies dispensaries?

9. #49 mos619, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    I'm not positive, but I believe they're planning to contract a limited number of growers to supply the limited number of dispensaries. There was also some talk of one large supplier called mediponics.

10. Although I do not like the no growing clause, it is a start. I will get my card just to be legal.

11. This. Don't like that I can't grow my own, but wouldn't mind not being arrested. Would grab my card just for that. Sucks cards will be near impossible for most anyone I know, to get.

12. Everyone contact your reps, do work!

13. I feel it is at least 1step forward towards legalization. I'm all for the cause, and not afraid to stand up for what I believe is right for me. Just emailed my reps.

14. select few growers... thats like hitting the lottery.. so many good growers in this state..

15. The Illinois State house just started a two week break .... so your state rep SHOULD have town hall meetings scheduled....show up and voice your support for our bills.....in person contact is the best form of lobbying

Be respectful, and dress as conservative as possible....that really shakes them up....for example, my rep is a tea party guy, and I'm a 56 Y.O. conservative white guy.....I SHOULD be his voter sweet spot....and it always throws his crowd when I start talking about legal MJ .....

16. See I can dress to the tilt and speak intelligently but I'm an extremely heavily tattoo'd 30yr old white male. Might kinda sterotype a lil.. but I'm going to look into this..

17. District/Official Search

Find em and call em out!

18. Keep up the fight guys.