Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is your philosophy on marinuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ThatOneBro, Mar 6, 2013.

1. As the title states, what do you believe about pot? Should it be legal to everybody, is it destructive, should there be an age limit, who can grow it... Etc.

Personally, this is what I believe: Marijuana is a harmful plant to smoke. You're inhaling smoke. No matter what you say, it still causes damage. However, it is not significantly harmful to anybody. This is the important part. Smoking pot will build up your resilience to lung diseases and increase lung capacity, therefore improving your health. This is why it is not dangerous and/or significantly harmful in the long run. In comparison to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, even the air around us, it is not comparable in terms of harm. That is how I view the plant itself.

I believe it should be legal to everybody, yet with preference to medical patients. A MMJ card should be able for people of any age to obtain, yet the younger they are, the more severe the condition should be. Recreationally, it should be able to get at 18. However, people who are younger shouldn't be hassled with it. I started when I was 16. I can honestly say that I was smart person with cannabis. I didn't allow it to interfere with my grades or physical condition, or social abilities. I surrounded myself with people who were the same as me. I would rather see kids suffering from ADHD and anxiety (for example) to use cannabis rather than the other drugs that are prescribed. This brings me to my overall philosophy on cannabis:

If you smoke to obscure problems, it is a very destructive drug. If you smoke to enhance life and open your mind to new experiences that don't alter how you do things, or for medical purposes, then it is a positive life changing thing.

I'm really curious to see how the rest of you think on this, and I doubt there will be any arguments, but be peaceful. Happy toming blades :)

-TOB

2. my philosophy: smoke weed every day

reality: weed will never be legal, because then all the big, greedy companies who make a huge profit off all the bad shit would be pissed... tobacco, alcohol, prescription drugs

war on drugs is stupid as fuck

freedom to the people

3. It is strange that certain cultures, like western societies, think its perfectly logical to ban nature. This is very odd to me, that nature can be "illegal." How can something which grows from the earth be illegal?

Marijuana itself is not harmful and certain chemicals within the smoke posses anti-cancer effects; so it could be argued the smoke is actually healthy.

Use of any drug or substance is a human right that supersedes and law or statute. The principle that I own my body, therefore I have the natural right to choose what I want to put in it is universal. No UN treaty, no Federal law or State law can prevent anyone from putting whatever they want in their own body.

I disagree that marijuana is bad because a person chooses to abuse it. The only thing preventing anyone from being successful is their own self and their own choices. Marijuana doesn't make anyone do anything, smoking weed doesn't put someone in a robotic state where they behave a certain way.

If a person is dependent on marijuana then thats their choice to abuse the substance, marijuana did not ask to be abused, it is inanimate plant matter. A persons choice to be irresponsible is what causes them to be unsuccessful, so if a person chooses to irresponsibly smoke weed when they should be working or studying, then that was their choice, marijuana was not the direct cause of their decision.

4. Allow me to restate what I meant. Using anything to cover up problems rather than face them is destructive. Not just cannabis :) also your name confuses me haha

5. In that case I definitely agree, using anything to temporarily "ease the pain" is only prolonging the real underlying issue, and the only way to come to any real closure is to bring the issue to light and face it head on.

6. Oh and I meant to title it marijuana* hard to type on my phone :p

7. I was put on this earth to spread Marijuana.

8. ........ eh??

9. At first, it is harmful. Over time, you build a resistance to the effects, making your lungs stronger against other diseases.

10. i think that cannabis should be used to enjoy all the amazing things our strange existence has to offer. I do not think marijuana should be used as a way to escape things. I beleive ones life should not revolve around weed and this is why i always say be extremely genours with bud, because the friendships created by bonging are of far more value then the weed you just "spent" on them.

11. Agreed :bongin:

12. How is it harmful?

13. This is what I always tell people who are against marijuana legalization.

We have spent ocer a trillion dollars of tax payers money on the war on drugs, yet drug use is at an all Time high. Don't we have something better to spend the money on? There are people living on the streets, people losing there houses, and we are in so much debt. There are better ways to use our resources

14. The resin in the bud (if that is how you smoke it) is burned to tiny little particles and goes into your lungs. This blocks capillaries (slightly) and then the lungs filter it out. This is why most don't get high the first time. After the first time, the lungs filter it out more efficiently and quickly.

15. I think it should be legal but with similar regulations to that of alcohol and tobacco (18 age limit, taxed, etc... [because let's face it. It'll happen anyway] but this is just fir recreational use of it.)
    But medically, it should be available to everybody regardless of age.

I agree alot with what Op says about how I see the plant, your inhaling burning plant material it's not gunna be great for you. However, it has so many medical benefits that if smoke inhalation is the only side effect then it's already %400 better than every prescription drug on the market, not to mention it treats about 10 times as many things as any other medication.
    On top of that, it doesn't even have to be smoked, it can be ingested in hundreds of ways just making it nothing but good for you!
    Plus, nit only are you treating cancer/glaucoma/insomnia/Parkinson's/every other neurological disease/asthma (the list goes on and on and on) you also get high ;D
    So it's medicine you can't wait to take! So you're never just going to forget to smoke your medical weed once and end up eating someone's face lol

16. I know. That's the thing that bothers me so much. It's been made into such a taboo "drug" that it's blatantly disregarded as bad. Matter of fact it's not even a drug, which is by definition man made. It's a plant, much like tobacco, harvested and smoked. However, the benefits outweigh tobacco (which is stupid IMHO to smoke, and doesn't have any benefits) along with every pill for anything else!

17. Yeah, it's because of all the bullshit that the governments been feeding us for the last 30 years about how "bad" it is and people still believe what they've been force fed their whole lives. I wish people would stop being so close minded and find things out for themselves rather than bending over and taking whatever government /big business shit out.
    Yeah tobacco is stupid as hell to smoke, that shit will kill you now adays with all the pesticides and chemicals and shit that they smother it with.

18. Yeah, it doesn't take a lot to look up the "negative" aspects of weed and see for yourself. In freshman year I did an essay on it and that was when I found out it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it to be!

19. Your sig pisses me off man.. I'm trying to budget food money to like $15 a week and that pizza looks so good.

20. I see it can lead to a weak first experience, but how is that damaging??