Does anyone actually like metal pipes around here?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Greggo94, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I like my metal sneak-a-toke for stealth. I love the color. It's good at conserving weed. I don't have a glass one because 1) i love the color of the metal and 2) glass was more expensive. I definitely prefer glass, because the metal gets really hot really fast.

p.s.
    I'm not a high school kid either :p I'm 22 and in college.

2. if its a real piece i dont mind, but if its some homemade contraption then ill pass.

3. Metal pipes remind me of high school. I needed a cheap small durable pipe that I could throw out the window if I needed to. But I haven't used metal since then. Even my one hitter in my dugout is glass (or quartz maybe, but not metal).
    Metal pipes are like Velcro sneakers. Gets the job done. Just ugly. (Velcro sneakers aren't cool again yet are they?)

4. Glass is just better and always looks nicer. Glass all the way.

5. Brass one-hitter, so yeah I like metal, but pretty much only brass.

6. I know I would prefer glass since I've tried it and it is nicer, but I tend to get extremely high, and very clumsy and we have no carpet. I know I would break it and it would be a safety hazard.

Plus I'm not in a position to frequently replace a lot of breakables at the moment. :(

So metal is my choice. For now.

7. i use a metal pipe. it's not the best, but it gets the job done. the two main issues are that it heats up quickly, and it's hard to clean. other than than that it's a fine piece. i'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for an inexpensive piece!

8. I like both but I have had my metal one get extremely hot while smoking.

9. #49 Zutery, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    When I first started smoking we used can pipes... ;(
    Now though, GLASS ALL THE WAY. Besides my 6shooter.

10. The two pipes ive had the longest were both metal. I have glass now but still show my one metal one some love when I smoke by myself.

11. Try a journey2.

12. It looks like a few people citing metal pipes for the sake of durability over glass (their preference) forgot about stone.

A stone pipe will not;

Add a funny taste

Break as easily as glass

It will;

Stay cool

Be super-easy to clean

Though I have to say I wouldn't mind a titanium pipe. I have a titanium spork - that thing's the coolest utensil in my house. I tried a few metal pipes before - one was a rolled piece of tin from mexico. Actual tin. It melted.

13. I keep a shitty one around for on the go. If i need to get rid of it then I wouldn't care haha.
    Also good for hiking if you get one with cap on top. Easy to smoke while moving without loosing weed

14. Last metal pipe I had was one with a wooden bowl on it lol.. and that was 20 years ago ;)

15. Heartily agreed.  I got a Journey Pipe a couple weeks ago (http://journey2.com/ for the uninitiated) and so far am very impressed.  It's made from nickel and chrome, and is non-toxic according to their website.  Hits surprisingly well, especially considering its size.  I guess I understand all the hate for shitty cheap metal pipes but I'm telling you man, the Journey2 is the bee's knees.  Easy to clean, smokes nice, has a lid for portable toking (how many glass pipes can claim this?), comes with a sweet case... I love it!  Just my two cents on glass v. metal.  

16. i find metal pipes to get to hot, glass all the way.

17. Glass is way cleaner and won't heat up like a metal bowl, thought durability is a plus.

18. #58 JoeShmoaa, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    I absolutely LOVE my aluminum cig bat. But I like all pipes. At the moment the only pipes I own are my cig bat and a plastic bong.

thats what i was gonna say..my 60 yr old mom uses a metal one and i just shook my head

20. Why so much hate on metal pipes? I have a little metal pipe I use for traveling. Cos fuck taking expensive glass for hikes, dirt bike rides, concerts, and everything else. I love that thing. Its easy to clean, the bowls a right size, and the taste is perfectly fine. That and I don't mind random people using it.

The funny thing is this metal pipe has out lived all my oldest pieces that I've broke. So id say a metal pipe is what every stoner should have if they care about their pricey pipes.