Does anyone actually like metal pipes around here?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Greggo94, Mar 4, 2013.

1. The tiny capped metal pipes used to
    Be awesome. You could fit one in a small pill bottle With one of the Tiny bic lighters and still have room for bud. Sweet for on the go toking

2. I like em loads but nothing beats hood old glass

Only you can finish th

3. Much prefer my glass, but I have a couple metal pipes. One is an all-in-one dealy, lighter, pipe bowl, and a cover you can slide over the bowl for pocketing purposes. That's my on-the-go device, since I'm not worried about breaking it. The other was a gift from a friend, it's a six-shooter pipe. Six small bowls that rotate just like a revolver (even has the familiar click). I take that one to campfires and the like, where it's nice to pass around and for everyone to have greens, and also not have to pack a bowl so often.

My very first glass pipe is still intact to this day, because I typically bring metal pipes on the go.

4. I love metal pipes actually. I mean glass tastes better, dosnt get hot, and people actually want to smoke it when your not alone. But for me and my best bro our cig one hitters are the way to go!! We have bowls and other shit and prefer the onies over anything!!! The only reason i really love. Metal peices is because i like to bond with my peice. Im just that kind of guy, i like to only have 1 peice. And i like to REALLY bond with it. And i find it hard to bond with a peice that can break at any moment. So i love metal because it will never breakk

5. dont trust metal i find that they are usally cheep and dont work well i stick with glass

6. ^ thats actually a pretty sick piece man :D

Never owned a pipe, but soooon!

7. Got it for $12.99. Pretty good pipe considering I mostly smoke alone.

8. For the most part I prefer glass but metal has it's place in the stoner's apparatus just like everything else.

9. I don't know why everyone is ragging on metal pipes...:confused:

I usually use bongs and don't use pipes so much anymore. But I do own a metal pipe and a glass pipe and enjoy using both.

I like metal pipes a lot because they are cheap to buy, can be very small, doesn't take up much space in your pocket, and can easily be thrown away if need be.

I see people on here going on about how they love chillums. But then I see people hating on metal pipes. I find metal pipes are an easier accessory then any chillum as well:smokin:

10. Sounds like a bargain! I think it's time i found myself a pipe lol
    I usually toke with my bro lol

11. Glass glass glass, metal is ass.

12. Dugouts/one hitters are cool metal pipes when on the go, but I just do glass and papers most of the time.

13. I would use one if that was the only piece available. Thankfully, I've got 3 different glass chillums to choose from, a glass spoon, and a ceramic mini bong.

14. [quote name='"jizzledfreq"']I would use one if that was the only piece available. Thankfully, I've got 3 different glass chillums to choose from, a glass spoon, and a ceramic mini bong.[/quote]

I like them for going on hikes or some place where I might drop the pipe, I just hate how hot every metal pipe I have ever smoked gets even after 1 bowl. Plus glass doesn't have a taste but metal kinda gives off a weird taste. Plus I cough way more with metal pipes then with glass.

15. If I'm smoking to smoke? Glass.

If I HAVE to smoke, am out in the woods, or am going to a shady house, I'd rather bring metal.

Glass is great, but metal doesn't tend to shatter when it hits a hard surface. On the other end, metal pieces get hot as the tenth level of fuck and you will melt your damned hand with prolonged use.

16. Biggest problem with metal is it gets hot as fuck, and if its small, there go your lips

They have their time and place, I still prefer a tiny glass pinch hitter because I've burned my lips on small metal pipes.

17. Glass just looks neat is all, when it gets too hot a slight tap can shatter it, even when cool they can break easy, resin clogs it up fast and if it is clear it looks like shit after about 4-6 grams of weed.
    I like metal pipes because the threads are 1/8 inch. Which means you can go to the hardware store and get more stuff to add to it if you want to customize the piece, they are hard to break, and yes they get hotter but they cool off much faster. The bonus is you can scrape your resin out. I like to put my resin in a small bowl and microwave it so it's really runny and apply a thin layer of it on my papers to supercharge the joint because 1g of resin is like 2g of weed - depending on what kind of weed it is.

18. Wooden pipes is the way to go :cool: