Does anyone actually like metal pipes around here?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Greggo94, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I don't have a metal pipe but I know I couple guys that swear by their metal peices but it seems like everyone around here hates them. I am a fan of glass like most people but what do you guys think?

2. The only people I know who use metal pipes are high school kids.

Glass all the way man.

3. glass all the way
    wont mess with the flavour and put toxins and shit in the smoke
    im nto gonna turn down a metal pipe tho

• Like Like x 1
  4. only people i know who like metal are old people.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use my metal pipe a lot and I hate it. Only reason I'm not using glass is because I'm too sick to go to the smoke shop and it's a hassle to bust out my bong for just a couple hits.

6. it's definitely a generational thing. most of the people I know that are 30+ prefer metal pipes over glass, but everyone young that I know is all about glass. maybe glass wasn't as widely available as it is now, so metal pipes are what they are used to/what they have nostalgia for.

for me, glass all day, but I won't turn down a metal pipe

7. I won't turn down any kind if pipe man

8. I think the last time I remember seeing somebody smoking a metal pipe was in high school.

9. i love pipes in general man,

-wood
    -stone
    -metal
    -bamboo
    -glass

i have a homemade brass pipe i made at my machine shop i work at.
    and i got another metal pipe i bought at a local head shop.

not my #1 pipe to smoke out of, but i like metal pipes for sure

10. Pipes in and of themselves are great. I personally own a metal and a glass one, and I do prefer the glass over the metal. I feel like I get higher with glass, and it also has a bit more of a pure taste. When I go out though I usually bring my metal piece, as it can be stored in my pocket without risk of breaking, and be easily disposed of and retrieved later without damage should my activities be seen by law enforcement.

All in all they're both great and it's always better to have a variety! The more the merrier! :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Couldn't have said it better myself

12. metal is nice for stealth pipes and one hitters, otherwise pass imo.

13. What about the fumo pipe. It has a stainless steel bowl and metal body. Smokes clean and smooth. If you learn to hit it right the small bowl will help conserve your weed longer.

Downside it has to be cleaned 2 times a week, but what doesnt smoke better clean. Thank god for 91% rubbing alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glass all day man. Metal always was harsh..

15. Glass all day, nuff said.

16. Glassssss

---iRep Denver---

17. Metal is tough on me, but if I feel like toking outside, I'll grab a homemade metal piece. Don't feel like risking the beautiful glass, dropped one too many pieces (and they weren't even all mine, oops)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I like my metal pipe a lot, mainly because its really portable and doesnt break. Those are the only one ups it has on glass. Glass pipes do bring out the flavor more and generally hit harder.

19. I have one metal pipe that a friend gave to me when he moved back home after university and the only time I pull it out is when I'm smoking with 4-5 or more people. I've seen many a glass spoon/pipe/bong break from going around and people just not paying attention. In that way it's good, it's been dropped before and it's no big deal. It's hardy and easy to pack, only two things about it that bother me is that it gets right hot and the bowl is a little small.

20. I love my metal pipe I use it everyday and it isn't harsh at all acctuly I just took a hit from it
    :D