New Grasscity

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, Mar 4, 2013.

1. It bugs me. Makes me not want to click on pictures because it ends up being a pain in the ass and isn't a great setup unless it can be changed somehow. I'd assume it can, although I haven't heard anything about it as of yet. 

2. IDK if he was just talking about mobile, but he said he was going to look into the huge pic thing here...

3. Email password recovery doesn't work.

4. give it a chance they said

it will grow on you they said

it takes some time to get used to they said

yeah nah

5. Every day I find new stuff to love it more and more.

100% happy with the upgrade

6. Yeah from the perspective of a user it may not feel better or as good as the old system but the change was necessary to handle the traffic the website gets. It's still the same community, and it has been transferred to a system that can support the community as it continues to grow. You might not like the functionality of it but it's here to stay so you can either move on and embrace the change and remain a member of the community or you can decide you would rather have no grasscity at all.

7. as primarily an app user i'm definitely not happy. any issues with the app should have been fixed by now but somehow it's actually less functional than when it first came out.

still no support for gifs, no notifications for pm's, can't use the like function (though i don't anyway). threads don't always display properly and sometimes bring me to "page 1" even though it is the latest page, and then going to the next oage brings you to the real page two which might be years old. still has a habit of displaying some dates as 1969 for some reason.

the margins are fucked in the thread lists too so they like to bounce up and down a lot. and i have to switch between 'favorites' and 'participated' to view all my subscriptions because some are in one but not the other, but they're also both filled with threads i don't want to be there and can't get rid of. they also like to display iut of order. certain threads will stay on page 2 even if they were posted in 30 seconds ago.

it also seems to crash and restart itself fairly frequently when viewing images.

oh, and you can't edit or delete posts even though you could when the new app first came out :confused:.

can't say i experienced any of these problems on the old app except the lack of gif support.

8. I use grasscity on my phone all the time but never through the app. I always open the full site in the browser.

Actually that is the main issue with your Android version. The UI is pretty amazing and none of the issues you explain exits on the new Grasscity Community app which is designed for Android 4+ versions.

10. so basically, i have to be compatible with the app and not the other way around. cool.

11. So, Is the app only for the android market?

12. #832 GanjFarmer', Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    at least you have an app..

13. That's how it is with most apps on android. Either it works fine with your device or you need a newer version of the OS for it to work fine and you can either hope your phone gets an update or get a new phone. I just open the full site in dolphin browser hd and it works great for me.

14. No, he's saying the new app solves many of those issues. I doubt he's going to abandon support on the older version of the app but there are hundreds of things that still need to be resolved and fixed with this entire upgrade.

Posting the issues in here will eventually help to resolve problems. There's not much more than could be done right now.

15. i remember it being mentioned that there would be different color schemes implemented at some point? this flat white is still just as annoying and headache inducing as it was during the first week things switched over.

Shit is just not easy on the eyes at all, i remember that being a pretty common complaint too when things switched so i dont think im just talkin out of my ass on this one.

and no im still not going to install some random 3rd party program to manually change the colors of my browsers background.

16. you will have to be more patient or buy sunglasses....

SJ

BUT IT'S SO COOL 

18. We rolled an update that resolves attached Huge images issue :)

19. is there an extension that allows you to change the GC theme?

I'm waiting on those style sheets to be installed, GC will be about 10x cooler once that happens  B)

I can dig my red colorway for the time being though

20. Search Index is rebuilding now, it will be completed in 30-40 minutes