New Grasscity

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Looks pretty legit, good job.

2. #22 billyeye101, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    I don't wanna see any changes since back ages ago it was a complete failure, ppl were leaving and so forth...

Crosses fingers! maybe change the way we can fucking edit our post w/e we want without a stupid time limit and be able to deleted 6yr old attachments! sort that out first proper disgusting you can't do any of that btw. Freedom my ass!

3. What has always made the city has been it's members...so we'll all get to still visit our nice familiar home...it's just that our home will now have a nice, more modern look and new toys to play with...:D

4. I'll approve if I can neg rep people again...naw honestly I don't care...

5. I don't like new and different, it makes me uneasy, but I am sure after a few days of using the new forum we won't ever look back. Thanks for the cool site and all the work y'all put into this place. It shows that you guys care. I'm excited to see what's to come and hopefully the site won't be down long.

Peace :wave:

6. #26 MyDogSmokesWeed, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    I second that. Unfortunately I don't have any money to donate, but I'd be much more interested in security upgrades rather than design. I tend to hate design changes as it just makes a site I already know and use harder to navigate. I could be awesome, but only time will tell. I would love some encryption though. That's much more of a concern to me (and I'd imagine others on the site) than some design updates.

Edit: One thing I wouldn't mind seeing fixed from a function standpoint, the way things are now, if you've uploaded a photo in the past, it won't let you upload it again somewhere else without first deleting it where it previously was. The problem there is that you have to hunt down where the picture was, and then many times it doesn't let you edit the post in question. I found that out the hard way when trying to post a simple table for how far away lights should be. I spent over an hour trying to screw with that stuff before giving up.

7. #27 Verdurous, Mar 6, 2013
    I'm pretty excited, still a little curious about what the UserCP will look like cause I substantially prefer GC's over a lot of others I've seen, so I'm hoping it's not too different. :smoke: Great job, though Gnik! Very much what I was hoping for in terms of improvement.

Try TinyPic or something to host your images instead of trying to upload them on here again. GC just doesn't want to host duplicates of your pics on their servers is all. Keeps them all nice, speedy, and from getting bloated.

8. Here is a sneak preview , screenshot is taken via ipad

Attached Files:

9. I completely understand, but an easier option to delete the old photo would be much nicer. Instead of making it difficult or impossible to delete once it reaches a certain age. I've had problems like that with quite a few of my posts where i can't edit old posts.

10. Gotta move with the times sista's! Fear change! Fear yourself :bolt:

11. Something as following ?

Please note that this section will also follow defined usergroup permissions.

Attached Files:

12. Whats the time limit i'm guessing there still will be one. Can we delete attachments from 2007? and edited and delete our own threads and posts from 2007? try sorting that stuff out first before giving the place a silky look.

13. I can't answer to any of those questions as nothing related that is discussed yet.

14. Is the UserCP not going to show subscribed threads anymore? :confused: That's what I really like about it, especially the button that takes you to the first new post ([​IMG]).

15. #35 Lizard King, Mar 6, 2013

They are displayed on a different place. New system subscription word is replaced with Follow

There is possibility to follow all contents , blog entries , gallery images , dispensaries , etc..

Here is a screen shot of content i follow

16. We are sharing information with you to keep you guys in loop , if more and more people will try to reach test forum without proper request , we will have to lock everyone out. That will be counter productive as testers assist on identifying possible problems and also supplying feedback on how to improve things.

17. #37 Verdurous, Mar 6, 2013
    Is there still a way to go to the first unread and last post of a thread you follow? That's like how I keep track of everything. lol I couldn't imagine losing that feature.

What was even the point of that? It's no different from the screenshots... People are dumb. :(

18. Of course :) without that we will all be lost :)

19. #39 billyeye101, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Not related for discussing yet?
    You joking haha, it's like a must, everyone is hating not editing deleting, you guys just like to keep our shit on lock down! think about us not the look.

And i'm sorry but i been here longer and we used to edit and delete for ages well forever infact.. what was up with the main admin? why did he do what he did? not cool

and you's should defo op out from facebook!! not cool

GC will fail badly

20. gonna be interesting seeing how things work out, hopefully they go smooth. digging the looks though