New Grasscity

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, Mar 4, 2013.

1. #1 Lizard King, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    Hey everyone,
    We'd like to introduce you to the new and improved Grasscity Forum!

The Grasscity Forum currently runs on vBulletin, though the version we use is over five years old, containing a code base that goes back over ten years. Maintaining this code base isn't easy and improving on it is even more of a challenge. We tested vBulletin 4 when it was released - many of you can remember the nightmares we had with that. We awaited vBulletin 5 to find out if we could finally make an upgrade, but unfortunately it didn't suit our needs either. So we've carefully reviewed all our options and have now chosen the new software we'll be using in the future.

We will be migrating the Grasscity boards to the new version during the third or fourth week of March 2013. Due to this upgrade, the Forum will face some downtime. We'll make a more detailed announcement about this as the date gets closer.

In the meantime, we've been busily working on the new Grasscity Forum, adding new features and improved functionality to current features. To help ease the move, we'll create detailed How-To's and introduce the new features to you before they go live.

Here are some screen shots of the new Grasscity Forum:

Attached Files:

2. Ohhh diiiipppp!!!!

3. Looks good, I hope it all goes smoothly! :) :hello:

4. looks pretty awesome! :D

5. I'm ascared of change :(

6. What kind of changes can we expect for the mobile app?

7. ^atm gc dose not handle it's app its run by fourmrunner but i guess that will changes in the distant future

the new setup looks like its goin to be a pain to learn but more then worth it

8. Something tells me that if you take a bit of time, poke around and check things out, it probably isn't all that bad to figure out most things...and there just may be a couple of cool new features too...;)

9. looks dope!
    cant wait

10. Couldn't really tell much from the screenshots as they're too small for me, but the idea of change is good, and while all changes involve a period of transition as you adjust to the new ways, I'm looking forward to seeing what they are. Any improvements to what is already good will only make things better.

11. Here are some bigger images

Droplr

New User Panel Droplr
    Messenger Drop Down Droplr
    Notifications Droplr
    Deep Forum Functionality Droplr
    Colour Chooser Droplr
    Footer Droplr
    Gallery Droplr

12. #13 tokinITguy, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    Very nice, looks clean.

Hope the transition and upgrade goes smoothly. Good luck! :hello:

EDIT: Any chance of SSL deployment with this? I know we're talking considerable crypto overhead, but I'd donate a few dollars to benefit from some additional security. I'll bet others would too.

13. Looks great man I'm excited for these changes :) GC is going to get a lil makeover hehe.

14. I don't like change....

15. looks like a fresh update to me...this place could use it. can't wait...

16. Looking forward to it:smoke:

17. A lot of people don't. But this update is necessary. It has been for a while now. It will still feel like Grasscity... But it will just have a fresh look and new features.

18. Would be nice if you could add another set of reputation bars over or under what is currently shown...that would be fun:)