Do You Use Ice In Your Bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Wied420, Mar 3, 2013.

1. So I noticed a post from a fellow blade complaining about the functionality of his peyote pillar after his ice melts and adds to the water levels.

I haven't used ice in any of my glass for years, and I didn't think many people still did, but now I'm curious.

So, do you use ice in your bong?
    If you do or don't, feel free to share why, and what kind of piece you (don't) use it in.

2. i prefer ice tubes without percs for less drag but i really only use ice half the time, it just depends on if it's gonna be a lazy sesh or if i'm willing to keep getting up to empty a little water out and add ice.

i'd go 50/50 but there's no poll option for that....

*edit* forgot to add i'm using a HiSi 16" straight tube, hits well with and without ice.

3. Not huge on ice but then again I have percs in all my pieces. I like using slightly warm water. Sounds crazy but it makes for a smooth hit. Try it

4. Nope. I feel like thats a thing you grow out of. Its cool as a kid because it's something new but you quickly find out its a crock of shit.

5. For some reason most of my pieces have eiher a ice pinch or catch but I never use them.

6. I ordered my custom without pinches, so I guess there's you're answer.

7. No. it always fucks up the milk/volume of the tube and i hate it. melts and fucks with water levels. can collapse your lung apparently

8. I almost always use ice. I will say real ice is a pain in the ass though since it leaves silica deposits on your glass and need to be washed with vinegar to remove... Unless you are using ro water that is.

So I use the plastic ice cubes you can get at bed bath and beyond... Prolly Wally World too.

With the plastic ones no need to worry about over filling the perc or anything. Just a solid score with no negatives that I can fine... I clean them when I clean my piece too just leave them in and let the alcohol go to work.

9. gtq....you are a genious. i need to go grab some of those plastic cubes. I hit mine without, eventually the ice just melts causing blockage drips into my water and overflows which causes more drag. Sounds like a pain in the buns

10. I've only used it a couple times, I don't have any fancy bongs with cool names, but I have a glass one, two acrylic , and one made of pottery material.

11. Those are everywhere at the Dollar Tree. Holla!

12. If you have an ice pinch and no ice in your bong your doing something wongg

13. #13 GLL40, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    ice is actually bad for you it adds frost to the smoke which is bad for you're lungs.. I Just use cold water... gota teach the kids :cool:

1:30 on video . check it
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-kMiGw_X8]Illadelph Glass Interviewed by G4 - YouTube[/ame]

14. I've heard that before but I take steaming hot showers then walk out into sub zero temps in Michigan, lol I doubt it's harmful to the point that it matters I mean we are smoking, lol

15. IF you add crushed ice it can add frost where the smoke really needs to be forced through the ice crystals .

You sir, don't need to teach any "kids" because you heard it on a youtube video .

16. just spreading some knowledge my dude. no harm intended. chillllllllllllllll:smoking:

17. Yeah they are available in lemon slice shape too instead of the cubes... That's cool in case you have one if those round ice catches like on gravlabs or just a narrow tube that the cubes won't fit it. Plus the wacky assorted colors are kinda fun, lol

18. just informing you that your knowlege is wrong and you shouldnt spread false information without knowing the truth, that is all . i am chill :cool:

19. sometimes use ice.....prefer snow

20. Lol yeah as far as drug related dangers go, ice passing through a glass tube and ice is waaaayyyy down on the bottom of my list. Lmfao

I would make a list but its against forum rules lets just say when you are tripping balls watching the walls melt ice doesn't make the list, lol