Using a burpee to germinate?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SnuggleBear82, Mar 2, 2013.

1. The title says it all, im finding mixed reviews about the use of this product... I allready have 16 good quality bagseeds that i got from a really dank batch of smoke which surprisingly had about one seed per gram and a half of buds. I have them going in my burpee selfwatering greenhouse that i got for $10 at walmart. I filled it with five cups of poland spring water and soaked the selfwatering mat as directed. I then looked it up online for customer reviews( i should have done this first before planting the only seeds that i have) i see a lot of people saying that its to much water for the seeds, so i dumped out the water and squezzed out the mat (which is still plenty wet) they been in there under 2 60 watt cfls (6 inches above them) for about 3 days now. Today i decided to check one of the seeds and it hasnt even germinated yet.... Should i check them all? Should i add some jobes fertilizer spikes? Should i pull them out and put them in papertowel and throw my burpee out the door? Please help, these seeds are very fresh from a batch of weed that was super sticky and obviously had been harvested recently.

2. ok I dunno wtf ur describing and if you think that adding fertilizer for germination you clearly dont know what youre doing, so Im just gonna describe my method of germination.
    firstly you soak seeds in water in a dark place for roughly 24 hours. by that time, some will usually have popped, some wont - doesnt matter, the procedure continues the same way for all. the seeds are then planted about one or two seeds deep in either peat pucks or seedling soil with only very little nutrients. I like peat pucks, they havent failed me yet.
    it is crucial that the seeds dont soak in water without air for too long, otherwise they suffocate and rot. they need darkness to germinate, but once they break the surface they need light to keep them from wasting their energy by stretching. fertilizers only burn the sprouts, the seed has enough energy stored to grow a little root and a pair of leaves. dont allow roots to get entangled, always plant seeds seperately from the start.
    paper towel method sucks, because it achieves no higher germination rate then straight into soil/peat and involves high risk of damaging the sprout.

3. @baumeister, check out danny dankos germinating seeds video on youtube. This guy is the head of marijuanna cultivation for High Times magazine! Maybe you could learn something from him before giving out an attitude to the next newbie asking a simple question "i obviously dont know wtf im talking about" really? Eat shit bitch, your method is only one way of doing it! And it is not the all holy baumeister way ;) imo, a little nute solution is fine for germinating.... Have a nice day :) i would post the vid but dont know how on my phone :(

4. be glad that I dont like authority and youre not getting reported for the "eat shit bitch"...
    I dont usually claim to be right when it comes to growing cuz I still lack experience myself, but about germiantion Im pretty confident. sure, paper towels work, but to my knowledge the germination rate in them is no better than in peat pellets (in fact Im sure that many paper towels contain chemicals that are bad for sprouts and indeed there are people who fail with this method, my guess it that it depends on the paper towel brand) and the risk of mechanical damage is definitly there, making it an unnecessary and possibly counterproductive step. looking at a root that has grown in a paper towel and a root that has grown in soil, Im pretty sure you will find that the root grown in soil is sturdier (darker, slimmer) as it contains less water.

oh, and the holy baumeister way only applies to rolling joints, which Im fucking amazing at. my specialty are filter tips, I perfected practical design and I can also do out of one piece symbols inside the tube, such as the common signs for peace (easy) and anarchy (what a bitch and totally underappreciated xD) and everybody's favourite, the cannabis leaf ;)

egotrippin here, please excuse the lame lecture... it had to come sooner or later :p

[german]:
    bauen= to build
    (coll.)einen joint bauen= to roll a joint
    meister= master
    baumeister= builder (more bossy a word in german though)

german is all about combining words and many germans like to make up new words and stuff, thats how I got the nickname "baumeister"... pretty stupid to use this as my user name here cuz rly a lot of people know me by that title, if some idiot who knows me tries google Im fucked. but hey, Im a stoner, I dont give a fuck...

5. He gave you the best answer. Go ahead and kill your seeds with that crap you bought.

mj

6. I wasnt really trying to be a dick, its just my sarcastic sense of humor :p I do appreciate the reply, just not the assumption. Im sure your more knowledgable than i when it comes to cultivation, as i am the supreme noob. I dont really care if i get reported or not... Lol i have two other email accounts i can use :p as for your screen name, i never knocked it! And now that you have explained it to me i think its actually really cool :) I could have chosen my words a little more wisely and i appologize for calling you a bitch and telling you to eat shit...

7. @marvajuanna, nobody asked for your two cents! Go troll somewhere else bud :)

8. Ask for advice then bitch about the answer on a PUBLIC forum. Good luck growing bro.

mj

9. ya its ok... ^^
    looking at my innitial post again, I gotta say though you rly had no reason to react so upset... what you wrote was pretty unorganised and confusing and Ive never heard of the product you described, so I thought (and still think) it was a good idea to just decribe a good method (which I did mark as "my method", not THE method!) and you could easily adapt from that.

edit:
    wtf is wrogn with you, that was just as uncalled for! Im starting to think youre an undercover cop, judging by your personality! xD

10. the basic burpees work great for clones and seedlings. :)

11. I didnt consider what i said to come off as me "bitching" about your reply. I actuall have a very good attitude towards others for the most part. Most people on an online forum wouldnt take such offense to a few silly words imo... And yes, you are correct about my grammer being very unorganized

12. no youre bitchy alright. ^^
    you took more offense from less, thats called hypocrisy...

13. What a bunch of sour pusses you two are.... Jeesh, lighten up! I appologized did i not? Would you like a nice card and some candies too?

14. I would like some weed, but Im guessing you dont have a lot of that either, cuz you lack some serious self-reflection.

15. Lol, i have plenty of connects ;) i just dont wanna pay for the shit anymore.... Most people where i live are a little hardened and rugged in theyre lifestyle and choice of words. So excuse me princess baumeister! Good god you are sensitive.

16. /\ peace /\

mj

17. @marv, are you a troll or what? You have added nothing constructive to this conversation (which by the way is totally off topic and has nothing to do with you at this point... Do you like troll forums looking for somewhere you can throw a couple meaningless words around? If you had nothing to say about whether or not to use a BURPEE than you should have moved on.... I realize that i started this thread on a half assed basis which i put almost no thought into because i did it about 5 minutes after i checked my burpee greenhouse and about 10 minutes before leaving to go to work. Troll on :) PEACE

18. You're an angry bear.I know of a good place for you stick your seeds to germinate, it's dark and moist............................right a peet pellet.

mj

19. Lol, atleast i got a luagh out of all this :) "angry bear" i like it!

20. [​IMG] ...you troll like a girl, SnuggleBear