Smokey's Porch

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by dlsmokes, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Woohoo! Step onto the porch and what do I find? The BBR is in full action! I think I'm almost as ecstatic as Smokey. It looks to me like that new room is turning out great.

2. #6362 SweetJamesJones, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Busted! This is seriously one of my favorite places to lurk lol. Banter second to none. I'm sure that was on my pre-gardening lurk so I missed the post lol.

Things are really looking fantastic in here Smoke. I peeped a good bit of the update and had to stop myself in order to type this post. I'm just coolin on my off day waiting on this 10K BTU to be delivered. Dropped some $$ this tax season for the girls. The ladies...scuse me...the bitches are looking right! Whatever you're doing keep it up lol. I still have a couple plants I can't figure out how to water lol...too much, too little, or too little but too frequently  :eek:  :bongin:

Do you run filtered water or just sit out your tap? That Chem 4 is quite a specimen, damn. IRG girls are looking beautiful. There's just so much goin on in here lol. Scrog action...proactively mixing soil and shit!! I'm dragging my feet on mixing more soil, ugh. Maybe next Friday  :hide:  :laughing:

3. Ooooooh why thank you :) I try and keep it as close to being at the real house as possible. I mean we don't have people over all the time, but when we do open shop...they flood. Its nice to be loved by many, you know. I love loving my peeps, and many of y'all are my peeps.

Now, Now no need to rub in the off day ;) smoke 2 for me though..please!

Thanks for all the shout outs, I'm really having a comfortable time growing in the new digs. The ladies are really loving Shit now, much better than the make shift spot I started with. Even my pg&e is lower, because of the better build. You and your britches about to be chilling with that damn thing fasho.

You know what I'm doing now, that I wasn't doing before? Thinking about the soil. ;) Reading more about roots zones too.

I wonder if I should get a a.c.? Huh...we'll see how the rooms perform this summer. That'll be the tell tell.

The plants you can't figure out...I just water them a little tiny bit every day until the leaves are nice and fat. Then count the days as you pick up the container every day. When it's start with a 1/2 gallon of water, and work your way up. Then you'll have a round about per day/week watering schedule. That's what I would do, anyway.

Yup straight from the tap. I fill a 55 gallon trash can, I have 2 air stones bubbling, and a aquarium heater set to 70. When I fill it I throw a couple of handfuls of compost, or ewc in it to get the chloramine cycle started.
    My tap is like 7.5/8.+

Rae don't forget to post um, and if I HAD them I would most certainly pop um ;)

4. That was a nice once around the room.

Damn rain is fooking up my grow.

I had to move them inside.

5. Dang Smokey!! So good to see you rockin it out! I really like the looks of it all in there! Got me inspired again. ;)

6. Hi Smokey! Caught a tail of your thought about cardboard down, what did you want it there for, blocking the weeds? If yes, put it right over the grass, drench with water really good, then compost and all other jazz on top. If you wet it really well initially and put it down now and keep the moisture level alright, it should be easy enough to cut through in a month when you put your veggies out. Or am I late as usual and your hyper butt set everything up already :p

7. Morning LadyP :wave: 

Hellllllllllllllllllllla funny! I was just out there setting up the PT for the boarders, and thought to myself let me go and look at some stuff first.  :laughing:
    Your right on time...I swear. 
    So yeah, I have a few bunches of blades that dont seem to dying back. I figured I could just leave the cardboard down there and by the time the worms eat through it the grass would be completely dead. Its only a little but I want it grass free, as much as possible.

Thanks for answering, better late than never  :ey:

Oh, great :) You are better off overlapping it really well to completely block the light, and doing a few layers wouldn't hurt either, just wet it really, really good. The grass is spread by roots too, so cover a slightly bigger plot that you want to use, or cut the edges with the spade. Ime if the moisture level is consistent it falls apart in a couple of month, so the worms will have no trouble migrating through it by May most likely.  

9. What's crazy is they push to the top all the time. Ive always picked up the little piles that they leave at the surface. Its another reason I wondered about my worm bin right on the ground. You can dig in any spot in my yard, and hit worms within a scoop or 2. 

10. #6370 dlsmokes, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Now it is Sunday, not to much happened on The Porch today, but what did happen is this...

We flipped our 3 clones 2 more Chem 4, and 1 XXX. This could have been a much better picture.
    Chem 4
    [​IMG]

Chem 4 she is the kmag testee. So far the mg deficiency is fading out, and as you can see she kinda kicked it in to overdrive a bit with the new growth. 
    [​IMG]

XXX
    [​IMG]

These are the GFBA that will be flowered in the 20 gallon no_tills. I hope 3 weeks will be a long enough veg time. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    After I xplanted to 3's for veggin. Actually looks like my high ass put 1 in a 2 gallon.  :bongin:  :hippie:
    [​IMG]

4 Halo bx3 in the white containers, Neon purp (CSC), and MS, also Cellar Seed Company.
    [​IMG]

5 Blood orange, GDMax ( left) SupaCrunk (right). I also tried to mess up my tag so it didn't look so together  ^_^
    [​IMG]

The Blue tray starting from the back, left to right. 1 Blue stuff, 1 Blue recluse, 1 Blue OG, 2 Stilton. That was a mouth full  :lol:
    [​IMG]

A total view..except 1 GFBA clone that I cut out of the picture on accident  :unsure:. Moving from top to bottom, per row. WWAK, Nocturnal, Nocturnal, Super blue satellite, Pimp daddy, Pariah, Nocturnal, Phantom cookies, GFBA clone #1, & 1/8th of #2  ;), Mendo dream, WWAK mutant sister.
    [​IMG]

As of now the BBR is full, but I could probably fit 4 more 2's in there if rearrange things a bit. I had a fair amount of room between each pot. Now I just sit and wait for the first 4 to be harvested  :huh: this is the hard part. I'm glad I have this room to fuck around in   :laughing:

:smoke: y

11. Preflower Do's and Don'ts

Do keep all vegging areas on the exact time cycle.
    Lights on and off at same time allows healthy transition with no light confusion.

Do keep preflower prone plants in the brightest spot in your grow room.

Do keep temps at no lower than 60F at lights off, lights on temps at 80-85F.
    Heat stimulates evaporation, making plants drink more, and drawing lots of fresh O2 into soil.
    Stimulates rapid growth.

Do TP before the plant shows any yellowing.
    If it drinks the container dry in 2 days or less, then TP.

Do step into bigger containers in progression.
    Preflower plants drink slowly until stable, overwatering in too big of pots add stress.
    Stress of any kind makes the problem worse.

Don'ts

Don't take lower branches for cuts.
    The fastest, biggest tops seem to ignore preflowering.
    Weaker cuts just stall out and flower.

Don't use unproven soil mixes on preflowering plants.
    If the majority of your grow is showing less than healthy growth, the soil is probably out of balance.
    Unbalanced soil, whether too hot, too weak, or out of PH range, really affects a preflowering plant.

Don't take cuttings off a flowering plant ever, unless your desperate.
    Once a preflower prone plant goes into flower, you'll rarely reverse it.

Don't exceed 18/6 in cutting/veg stage.
    Longer hours will feed the plants addiction.
    It will literally crave more light.
    Steady light schedules are always best.

What I do for preflower control, not cure.
    Give them the best soil you can get, something that's worked for you in the past, or current balanced soil.
    If all your plants love it, it's good enough.

Keep the bottoms and scraggly growth cut off.
    You are trying to force new growth to the main tops.
    Feed the beast, forget the slow bottom shit.

Give it the best spot in the room.
    Even pick it off the floor, elevate it.
    The brighter the light the better.

On an added note.
    Preflowering doesn't affect all plants the same.
    Some show very slow veg growth and never take off, leading to termination by many.
    While others can grow fast as any plant, be they with lots of pistols throughout the veg stage.
    These are never a problem, they just look like a problem.

Peace.

12. That was a pretty sweet run down MELORD :metal: Answered all my questions in 1 damn post. Lol
    I'm going to try and keep veggin the one covered in pistils just to see what its going to do.

Thanks again MELORD for the information.

13. Chem4 , since your scared to stop by

Attached Files:

14. Man they really good Rae! They look like a different pheno a little bit though. I wonder how...I think they all came from the same mother plant  :huh:.  Maybe it's the lighting that's fucking me up. I can't wait to smoke some  :metal:  :metal:

I'm trying to get down there this month. I was supposed to be coming for LS birthday on the 12th, but her Dad died on the 20th of last month. She had to take off to go to Baltimore last week, and it fucked up her being able to take more days off that soon. You know Massage; no paid vacation days, or FMLA  <_<

I am trying to coax her for some more time off though, she needs to free her mind a bit more...you know. He just died out of nowhere  :(  :mellow:

https://www.facebook.com/warren.james.50596?fref=ts

15. I am sorry for her loss and my condolence , sucks when
    Your father goes.. I lost mine 22 yrs ago this month

He was all swelled up.. Flexed out veins on top of Veins
    And shit..

16. I know right... They couldn't find anything wrong with him either, no steroids, no bad shit either...like that build mass stuff. I thought maybe that shit did something to him, but they said no. 

Yup it's pretty fucked...I'll let her know you send love. You know she call's you her brother from another mother  ^_^ She liked you and Boss a lot. 

She was really waiting on you to fuck somebody up, so she could help  B) she's small but a beast  :D

17. #6377 JUSTHILLBILLY, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Well we love you guys too

And let us know If we can do anything

18. Had to different fathers mine was 6'10" lol

19. #6379 dlsmokes, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    I most certainly will  :metal:

Now for this nice weather outside :hello: ... Shit made me wanna do some thangs, so LATER i'm going to do some yard work :laughing: .  :ey:  I did however get the photo's done for the update on the BBR. 

I think i'm supposed to flip 4 this sunday, but I cant remember.  :confused:  I do remember ending the last BBR update with the OD. So i'll start this one off accordingly. 

My original OD no-till is on it's way back to no-till
    [​IMG]

The 2nd no-till will be topped off with clover seed, and soil this evening. That's is what's up with the empty sapce..in case one of you fuckers was gonna ask  ;)
    [​IMG]

Since finding out I can do a spring harvest . I'm going to set up 2 SIP's for the spring too..might as well right  B)!
    [​IMG]

Okay now for the BBR we have homemade scrog Supacrunk. A my next scrog will be much tighter thatn these 2. I'm not sure why I even did it anyways. I was never planning on a long veg for them from the start. My next scrogs will be semi-homemade  :D .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and tomato screen Supacrunk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I never really kept up with the names that Veg gave these GFBA clones. I found the tape on the original containers today. Arial, and Sunny were the names...now which one is which beats the fuck out of me. I see now the difference in the 2, and 1 has a slightly sweeter aroma than the other. I do not remember which one I cloned but ill nip a young bud from the bottom of the best , just to be sure I get the right one.  :D  Both are very fucking nice; might I add.
    GFBA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GFBA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chem 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granddaddy Max
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The might be a Supacrunck, and mommy to the only Supacrunck clone that would take for me <_< .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blood Orange started to yellow, and i'm wondering if I overwatered her on accident  :eek: . Looking that way, so i'm going to let her dry out for like a week. Or however long it takes her to finish the water that's in her container, before I try n do anything to her. 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there you have it my good people. If I'm still capable of doing the veggie garden plot after the yard i'll post my progress. 

Happy Sunday y'all!  

:smoke::D

20. Looking damn good on your porch, smokey :) i love the looks of the GFBA with the twin buds :yummy: that chem4 looks damn sexy too :D