FIRST PLANT EVER - pic of sprout - Welcome anyone's thoughts ;)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerseymonkey, Mar 1, 2013.

Cool man. Send me some pics or a link to your shit. Let's check it out.

Not sure when Harvest will be since I'm a complete friggin' noob but...I'm guessing around August. So she's def still got time to grow :)

3. Okay it's July 26th when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

<strong><strong>7th week of FLOWER.</strong></strong>

Buds are really starting to get fat. Also added even more lights [​IMG]
    Since I had nutrition burn on the tips of the leaves I went ahead and only used water for the last week or so. Still debating on whether to have a minimal amount of nutes in my next watering...or just to strictly keep it H20 for a while. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime enjoy my pics :)

Fair warning...I went a little crazy with the pics and somehow a few snap shots turned into a full blown photoshoot so there are about 25 pics below.
    But what the hell...who doesn't like looking at weed :) Enjoy the pics folks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always...I welcome anyone's suggestions, thoughts or comments. Be sure to subscribe. I look forward to posting some killer bud pics soon :)

best always

-JM

4. Thanks for all the PMs and friendly reminders about week 8…lol. No worries I didn't forget about you guys. Sorry about dropping off for a bit but, shit got mega-crazy for a while.... but wow…I was not expecting this following. Thank you[​IMG] So as a token of my appreciation for following my noob thread (and because I love you dirty fucks so much) I'm posting this shit at 4am cause I know I won't have time tomorrow to do it. So here it is you insatiable bastards [​IMG]

It was August 3rd when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

8th week of FLOWER.

UPDATE: Buds are getting mega fat. I have *not* added any nutes since the nute burn about 3 weeks ago and buds are growing just fine. I might just not add any further nutes for the rest of the grow…since she seems to be doing fine with the nutes she getting from the soil (Fox Farm). I welcome anyone's thoughts on this

In the meantime enjoy my pics. Put a few extra close ups for you guys.

[​IMG] It was August 3rd when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at: 8th week of FLOWER. UPDATE: Buds are getting mega fat. I have *not* added any nutes since the nute burn about 3 weeks ago and buds are growing just fine. I might just not add any further nutes for the rest of the grow…since she seems to be doing fine with the nutes she getting from the soil (Fox Farm). I welcome anyone's thoughts on this In the meantime enjoy my pics. Put a few extra close ups for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always...I appreciate the support for anyone following this noob thread. Short the Zombie Appocolapse...I'll have next weeks pics uploaded ontime. Feel free to drop any knowledge or advice. This is a my first grow so I welcome it [​IMG]

Looking forward to your thoughts you dirty bastards[​IMG]

Made Love from the East Coast....

-JM

5. It was August 8th when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

9th week of FLOWER.

UPDATE: Some of the leaves have started turning yellow. I've read that this is normal as you approach harvest. As for nutes...because of the nute burn before...I've kept it strictly ph balanced water for the last 3 weeks. but during this last feeding I added 1/10 strength for nutes. I might do one more week with the 1/10 strength and then pull back to only water since I'm going to be getting really close to harvest (which I'm guessing is going to be around September).

Otherwise...enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Q: Are these yellowing leaves normal? Or nute burn?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always I welcome any thoughts or suggestions (especially about the yellowing leaves). Just taking it one week at a time....one day at a time. Surprisingly, I can't tell you how calming it is to grow your own weed. Yeah it's a little stressful at first because you're a noob and you don't have a clue but, once you get in the grove of it...you really do develop a six-sense for caring for your plant.

Free nugget of weed to whoever can guess what the exact harvest date will be :)

Until next time.

best.

-JM

6. It was August 15th when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

10th week of FLOWER.

UPDATE: Bud are getting mega-fat [​IMG]

Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always I welcome any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

IN OTHER NEWS: I noticed a few baby nuggets growing right at the base of the main stalk that were zapping the main stalks of nutrients so I trimmed it off. I'm looking down at this baby nugget...probably about the size of a nickle and said what the hell...I let it dry over night on my coffee table. Put it in my bowl and smoked it....again just for the hell of it. It wasn't a full body high...more like a head high. The high was really interesting though...I became more alert. Lot a jolt of caffeine but at the same time I was relaxed. My thoughts were totally clear and focused. I should've taken pics of the nug I trimmed...but, what the hell it was kinda a spur of the moment thing ;)

Anyway...Until next time.

best.

-JM

7. #148 jerseymonkey, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    It was August 23rd when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

11h week of FLOWER.

UPDATE: I've kept it strictly H20 with *no nutes* for my last watering. Also...I only water my plant when her leaves began to slightly wilt. Once I see that I know it's time to water. I've employed this tactic many times over the last couple of weeks and it's done wonders for growth and in making sure I don't over water during flower. Also...while I'm watering with ph balanced water...I took some of that water and poured it into a little water spray bottle (mine was an old febreeze thing that I cleaned out). Anyway, I also found that during a watering (I would take my plant and put her in my bathtub so i didnt get water everywhere)...and besides watering the plant with ph water (making sure to keep watering until you saw 25% runoff)...but, also to really spray down all of the buds and leaves with ph balanced water. Spray it until water is literally dripping off every leaf. That way it feels like rain to her. Then put her right back under the lights and in front to the fan and she pops right back up within an hour and the next day, it never fails, the buds get fatter. Also did a 5 gallon flush, since I read thats what you should do on a few veterans posts. They say to do it about 2 weeks before you harvest and it's suppossed to make a really big difference. And I could tell she really appreciated it because the white hairs (which were kind've sucked into the bud) really stretched out after I did that the next day. And the buds got even fatter. So the update as of right now is that some buds have white hairs growing on them but for the most part it looks like I'll be harvesting soon. I can see the tricomes are milky with some clear ones....so I'm waiting to get a little more amber in the tricomes before I do an official harvest (which will maybe next week). I already did I mini-harvest earlier in the week and got properly blazed. More details on that below. Otherwise, enjoy the pics.

QUESTION: if there are any veterans out there who could offer any advice on ***when to harvest*** or harvesting in general that would be much appreciated (since I'm a complete noob and i'm flying by the seat of my pants here). I'd like to harvest the plant when it will pack the most punch in terms of its pain killing effects. My girlfriend has terrible arthritis in her body and I myself have plantar fasciitis (which for anyone who doesn't  know: it's when the tendon that stretches along the bottom of the foot becomes inflammed and it's painful to walk. Anyone who has it can attest...it's quite painful.) So I have that in both of my feet and after along day of walking...I can feel my feet throbbing through my shoes and the only thing that helps ease the pain is taking a few hits off a bowl. So yeah...I'm trying to maximize the pain killing aspect of my plant /medicine...for me and my girl...welcome anyone's thoughts :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]''

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I mentioned earlier..I did a little mini-harvest earlier in the week. I saw this nugget growing on the bottom of the plant and I didn't see too many white hairs on it, so I said what the hell...let's cut it down and give it a whirl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About 4 days later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Countdown in 3....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLAST OFF!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first off, it's an amazing fucking feeling to smoke what you yourself grew. No other feeling like it ;)

THE HIGH: Definitely felt it more in my head than my body. No couch-stuck. Decent pain-killing effects. I definitely felt more energized...felt awake and alert like I drank 2 cups of coffee. I  felt more awake and alert after smoking. I caught the munchies a something fierce though. I attacked my refrigerator like Pearl Harbor....nothing was off limits. Had my girlfriend take some hits and she looked at me and after a coughing her brains out she was like "Jesus Christ...this is strong fucking weed!!!"

And that def put a smile on my face.

And this weed definitely gave me the giggles.

My girlfriend and I smoked a little more and we were completely fried.

A quick little funny stoy: we had to run out to see a friend of ours perform in a off-off-off-off-off-off-off Broadway play (did I mention it was off-Broadway?). And I am completely and utterly fucking zonked watching these actors scream at each other on stage. It was supposed to be this dramatic play but, to me I'm just watching these people pretend to be angry as they're screaming at each other...I found the whole thing hilarious. Then I start getting the gigs[​IMG]...I'm sitting in the back row with my girl, biting my hand to stop myself from laughing like a complete asshole in the middle of the show. Finally, during a scene change I'm watching some poor bastard move the couch and the props around in the darkness...and next thing you know he knocks the dining table over, the table falls onto the chair which had all the drinks which he spilled all over the stage, which he slips on and falls directly onto the other table....destroying it completely. And then fucking couch falls on it's side. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I start laughing like a bastard. And mind you it's a scene change so it's relatively dark...and I'm laughing my ass off like Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. It was too much for me. I was holding my sides I was laughing so hard...and everyone in the audience started laughing at me laughing and this poor stage hand who's probably having the worst night of his life. I felt like I was watching the apartment scene from THE NAKED GUN

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T5BEpn3dA[/VIDEO]

Needless to say I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself.

Ahhh weed ;)

Alright...will post some more pics soon. Harvest is right around the corner ya'll. Good times await yall ;)

I welcome any last minute advice before I crossed the finish line.

As always I welcome anybodies thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

Best always.

JM [​IMG]

8. Hey guys,

took some quick pics of 4 of my stalks along with pics of the trichomes for each stalk.

WELCOME ANYONE's THOUGHTS IF I SHOULD I HARVEST NOW?

STALK #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

STALK #2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

STALK #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

STALK #4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best.

-JM

9.  Wanted to do another little mini-harvest to get some weed I can smoke during the day time. That way I have something to smoke without it putting me to sleep. So I grabbed a small stalk that had almost all cloudy trichomes and here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<b>Time for a lil' haircut...</b>
    [​IMG]

<b>And with a buzz cut like that...she's ready to enlist [​IMG]</b>
    [​IMG]

<b>Gotta save the sweet leaf trimmings to make cannibus butter later on...</b>
    [​IMG]

<b>Drying it out...</b>
    [​IMG]

<b>To be Continued...

-JM</b>

10. It was August 30th when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So that puts us at:

<b><b>12th week of FLOWER.</b></b>

UPDATE: Gave her only water for my last watering. Been checking her everyday to check the Trichomes but, I don't see it 25% amber yet. It's getting there though. Harvest is right around the corner.

Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always...welcome your thoughts, comments, and suggestions [​IMG]

Stay High,

best.

-JM

11. MY PLAN FOR HARVEST
    -Leave plant in darkness for 48 hours.
    -Then, while in darkness, cut the main stem off of the plant at a 45 degree angle
    -Then take the entire tree and put it in a bucket of ph balanced water for 24 hours.
    -Then the next day take the plant and cut each individual branch off into a V.
    -Hang the V upside down until dry.
    -Cut nuggets and colas off of each stem.
    -Place nuggets and colas in mason jars with air tight lids.
    -"Burp" mason jars by removing their lids for about 30 minutes a day for the first 2 weeks...and then less and less as time goes on.
    -Smoke.
    -Get high
    -Figure out meaning of life.
    -Forget to write it down.
    -Raid my fridge.
    -The end.

....all kidding aside, am I missing anything?

12. Hey all,

****IT's HARVEST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It was Sept 3rd when I took these. And I started flower on June 8th. So harvest took place at exactly:

87 days of Flower

or

12½ week of FLOWER.

UPDATE:
    --Checked her Trichomes today and I finally saw that most of them had turned cloudly...and there were slightly a few amber ones like I was hoping for. She's officially done [​IMG]
    --I gave her a big drink of water earlier this morning and sprayed her leaves with ph balanced WATER to get her ready for harvest.
    --I am going to put her in complete darkness until Thursday evening (so she'll have 48 hours of complete darkness...I read about this on a few threads and by doing this, it spikes the plant's resin production as well as the THC potency), and then I'll do my official harvest.

In the meantime I took some last pics of her before I put her to bed tonight. It was kind've a sentimental moment. I mean, HOPE is the first weed plant I've ever grown in my life...starting off with 4 seeds...then 2 didn't survive germination. And of the 2 plants that did survive (HOPE and PHOENIX)...I almost killed them from over watering, burning them (by putting the lights too close) and over-stressing them (I must've re-potted them least 3 times). Then after finally limping my way into flower with my two plants....after a few weeks...only to find out that PHOENIX was a dude. I never forgot how disappointed I was because I thought HOPE was going to turn out to be a dude as well. Then the next day I took her out her tent and my eyes lite up when I saw these tiny pistils. I was sooooo happy!!! My girlfriend heard me scream from the other room "It's a girl!!!!!"

Then after nurturing her, battling through a balls hot summer with a 100 degree environment (living 3 stories up in the middle of a fucking heatwave is a fate worse than death). And after growing a brain and moving her entire grow tent into my bedroom where the AC was....I was able to get the temp down to 75-80 degrees. And then I finally saw my little girl begin to blossom. And she kept growing and growing until she turned into a monster!!! And I know there are plenty of pics out there of growers who've grown small forests of weed...with colas the size of Bill O'Reilly's ego...and I know in comparison all of my rinky dink buds don't even compare. I'm just saying...it's a cool feeling to have started off with a random seed from my grinder...and to now have this plant in my bedroom with all of these buds just waiting to be smoked.

A cool feeling indeed [​IMG]

I cannot thank you guys enough for subscribing to my noob thread and coming along with me on this amazing journey. You've all been so awesome and supportive and it means more than you'll ever know. I went out of my way to detail every failure and victory I had in my growing experience so that a complete and utter fucking noob could look at this thread and have a clear cut idea of how to do their own CFL grow. The harvest I'm about to reap isn't so much a testament to my gardening skills as it is the resiliency of the cannibus plant [​IMG] In other words....if you're a noob reading this now debating on whether or not you have what it takes to get the same results? Let say this with the utmost confidence: If I can grow...so can you [​IMG]

Anyway...enjoy the pics of HOPE's final photoshoot. Will upload pics of her harvest in a few days or so.

Thanks again for coming along for the ride [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always...I welcome anyone's thoughts and suggestions.

Will upload my final harvest pics soon.

Best

-JM

13. #154 jerseymonkey, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    Hey all,
    Everything is finally dried up and ready to go in jars for curing. From start to finish….here is the final post of my amazing first harvest.

On a personal note: This has been a really interesting and eye opening experience for me (to say the least). It's really become so much more for me than just simply "growing a plant."

And the comradery on here has been amazing.

You guys have been there for every question, every victory, and every fuck-up I've had along the way [​IMG]

Seriously, I was not expecting such a welcoming and supportive community. Everyone has been so helpful and so awesome.

Besides putting this thread together to track my own progress, I wanted to be extra meticulous with all the pictures and updating I was doing, because I wanted a complete noob who stumbled upon this thread to go from first page to last and see everything that worked (as well as what didn't). As well as in the hopes that this thread will help shorten the learning curve out there for other new growers. I can only hope this thread has and will be successul in that.

I gotta tell you...I'm looking at all this weed that I grew off of my first plant and I'm laughing my ass off. [​IMG]

And with no bias whatsoever, I can tell you…I grew some STRONG ass weed fellas [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].

This shit might take 5-10 seconds to hit you…but, when it does...holy fuck. It's like a tsunami of knowledge just crashing down on your mind. Immediately I'm not just lifted but, no joke man....sometimes I can even hear these wise and intelligent beings communicating with me. And they always has something positive to say and they open my mind to look at things going on in my life a completely and utterly different point of view (and yes...you can raise your hand if you think I'm crazy[​IMG]). Not to mention the feeling of having all the pain in my feet completely disappear. And seeing the relief on my girlfriend's face when her arthritis vanishes. Ohhhhh that gift right there is friggin' priceless[​IMG]

I simply cannot believe I was able to grow a damn pot plant all the way from a seed found in my grinder....all the way to harvest to smoking a bongful of my delicious-ass weed now as I write this

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'm definitely gonna take a break from growing. Don't know when and if I'll ever do it again. It has been an adventure to say the least but this shit is *very* time consuming. Especially for a noob like me. And I have so many other projects right now that need my full, complete and undivided attention so I don't know if I'll ever have the time available again to grow.

But either way...

For those of you dying to know: Total harvest was around 30 grams…which I know isn't a whole hell of a lot compared to some of the other monster grows on here. But for me, a complete friggin' noob…these 30 grams mean the absolute fucking world to me.

And to all the members on this thread who've always found the time to answer all of my endless questions…I wanna say thank you for all your help and support. And please know that whatever victory I have in growing this beautiful girl...please know...it is a victory I gladly share with all of you [​IMG]

+1 to all of you [​IMG]

Much love. As always, I welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, enjoy the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blast off in 3...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KA-BLAMO!!!!
    [​IMG]

I did it!!!!

Never thought I'd ever make it to flower...let alone harvest but I'm not gonna lie. Feeling pretty damn good right now:

[video=youtube;NubH5BDOaD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubH5BDOaD8[/video]

Thanks again everyone. Someday this glorious plant will be legal for all of us.

In the meantime next time some schmuck argues that you shouldn't do marijuana because its against the law...

[​IMG]

Best always.

-JM

14. #155 jerseymonkey, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    Some quick advice from a Noob to a Noob

here's a quick top 25 list of shit I know now but, I wish I knew before I started growing:

1.) when you're germinating your seeds handle the root gently and I mean *very* gently. That shit will snap off with the slightest amount of friction. So be EXTRA gentle when you're handling it. Use tweezers if you got them. Seriously...they're as delicate as an already cracked egg.

2.) When you're planting your germinated seeds....make sure you plant it with the root pointing down.

3.) If you are growing by CFL, try keep the cfl lights about 3-4 inches away in the beginning when you're plants are sprouting. Anything closer will burn the leaves off the plant. Anything further away and the light will be useless. Try not to burn your plant. Each time your plant gets burned it will go into shock and stop growing until she feels it's safe to grow again (this can stunt growth by weeks!). You can sidestep this completely by just keeping the lights a good distance away (as well as monitoring temperature) and continuing to raise the lights as the plant grows. See my tutorial on building a homemade PVC pipe light stand to learn how to build your own DO IT YOURSELF light stand.

4.) Be mindful of how much heat your CFLs are generating...the more CFLs you add...the hotter it will get. In my grow experience...I saw my plants thrive when the temperature was at 70-80 degrees and the humidity around 40%. I got this humidity and temperature gauge and it really helped. http://www.amazon.co...curite humidity

5.) If you're a noob...try not to fuck with your plants so much. Part of your job as a grower is to *only* step in when the plant needs you. In the beginning like a true noob...I micromanaged everything (under water, then over watering, not enough light, then too much etc) and I damn near killed my crop. The more you *only* step in when she needs you...the better off she'll be. Trust me. And don't worry if you fuck up. The plant is *very* resilientand chances are it will take any mistake you've make in stride.

6.) Also...always water with ph balanced water...the range of the ph varies if you're growing in soil vs. hydroponic (you can find numerous different ph balancing kits online, I used this and it worked out great for me http://www.amazon.co...=ph balance kit

7.) when watering, it's a good idea to also spray your plants' leaves down with ph balanced water (it simulates rain). Do this until water is literally dripping off of each leaf. I used an old febreeze spray bottle and filled it with ph balanced water and I always saw results when I sprayed her down on top of watering her.

8.) be mindful not to overwater your girls. For me...I usually waited until I saw the slightest droop in her leaves. Once I saw that I knew she was thristy and I'd water her. Obviously what your temperature and humidity levels are will factor in to when and how much you water her.

9.) don't skimp on getting an oscillating fan. It makes a HUGE difference in plant growth and building strong stems that will go on to hold your fat buds during flower. I read about a grower who didn't get a fan and his plant basically crumbled in on top of itself when it went into flower because his stems weren't strong enough to hold up the bud. But more then increasing your stems' strength, having an oscillating fan contributes to the overall strength and health of your plant. So don't skimp on getting an oscillating fan ;)

10.) if you are going to plant in soil....use a good soil like fox farm ocean forrest. It makes a difference.

11.) Make sure you plant your germinated seed in a 3-5 gallon plastic bucket / container with plenty of water holes at the bottom. Do this so that #1) You don't ever have to transplant your girl. Take it from me, transplanting really fucks with your plant big time and it will send it into shock and possibly stunt growth for weeks!!! 2.) Have plenty of holes at the bottom to allow for maximum drainage and air flow when you water your girls.

12.) try to avoid potting your plant in a clay pot...bc you never know what nutrients the clay pot might be absorbing that your plant desperately needs. With a plastic pot you never have to worry because the plastic won't absorb anything.

13.) for nutrients I used fox farm trio http://www.amazon.co...s=fox farm trio but you can use whatever you want...but no matter what you use....start off small with your nutrients to avoid nut burn (which can be seen when the tips of your leaves turn yellow). For me, the Fox Farm trio came with a feeding schedule and for the most part I adhered to that schedule but, I started off at 10% of whatever they suggested and then built up from there. Think of the sun as your plants workout, the leaves as it's muscles, and the nutrients as it's supplements. Wait until the plant gets big enough and strong enough before you begin to up the dosage on your nutrients. And do it slowly. Unfortunately there's no formula (at least none that I could find)...just use your own judgement and your intuition. The best advice I can give you is to increase the strength of your nutes *slowly*.

14.) If you want to know the sex of your plant early on....clip off a small branch during veg and place the stem in ph balanced water. Then take that small branch (with it's stem sitting in ph balanced water) and put it under 12 hours of light...and 12 hours of complete darkness. In a week or so...that branch will start showing signs of either being a female or male....and from there you can determine early on the sexes of your plants.

15.) If you're growing by CFL, don't skimp on the lights. Get a bunch. And get the CFL socket splitter connectors (you can find them at home depot). Do this to maximize your output (see my thread for more details). For Veg, go with bright white CFLs. For flower go with a mixed spectrum...for my grow I went with 80% soft white mixed in with 20% bright white.

16.) The most important thing I found in my growing experience was getting my plants' home set up. I tried cutting corners making a home depot wardrobe box for my plants...it was a silly idea and it didn't even work (there were light leaks all over the place). When in doubt....get a small grow tent. They're cheap and they work great. Look on my thread. I got one dirt cheap on amazon and it had ZERO light leaks.

17.) During flower...be mindful of light leaks. A light leak will ruin all of your hard work so when then plant is in darkness...she needs to be in complete darkness. I've heard of people getting green cfl lights in their dark rooms only to regret it later when their plants in the middle of flower reverted right back to veg. So if you can swing it...make it easy on yourself and just get a small grow tent.

18.) Make sure you keep your plant cool during flower. Remember, a cannabis plant in it's natural environment will begin to go into flower around late September/ early October. And by then it's already starting to get chilly. So your plant is used to that and will actually thrive in that drop in temperature...so don't be afraid to keep her in cooler conditions during flower. For me I kept my plant in the air conditioning and she exploded in growth when I did that. I promise if you keep her in 70 degree temps during flower she will thank you for it by exploding with her growth.

19.) Get a light timer to make everything easier for youself. That way it's one less thing to worry about when your lights go on and go off. http://www.amazon.co...arm light timer

20.) Make sure you plants get plenty of fresh air flow....especially during flower. Even though I had a grow tent...I would open it up during the 12 hours when she was getting light and put an oscillating fan right on her so she was getting plenty of fresh air. I would only zip up the grow tent at night when I put her to bed for 12 hours.

21.) Once you hit flower, invest in a $12 microscope from Radio Shack http://www.radioshac...oductId=2179604. It will help you really look at your plant's trichomes and help you determine exactly when you want to harvest.

22.) Once your trichomes are at the optimal level of when you want to harvest, let your plant sit in the dark for 24-48 hours immediately before you harvest (I let mine sit in darkness for 48 hours). Letting her sit in darkness for so long will help bump up the THC in the plant...so it peaks at exactly the point of when you're going to cut her down.

23.) For drying I hung each branch upside down. Make sure never to let your branches or buds touch each other (you do this to avoid any type of mold growing on your buds). For drying also keep the temperature low (say around 60 degrees) and keep the humidity as low as you can. For me I just kept them in the air conditioning with the lights off and in a matter of days there were ready for curing.The last thing you want is mold growing on your buds so keep a close eye on them. You'll know when you're branch is done drying when you try to snap it and it *almost* breaks.

24.) For curing, you can use mason jars and toss your buds in there. I found mason jars at my local supermarket but, I also used old pickle jars as well as old vitamin jars.I opened the mason jar about 30 minutes a day every day for the first week or so. Then every now and again as needed.

And probably the most important rule...

25.) Don't mention what you're doing to your friends or anybody. The more people that know....the more people that could easily rat you out. In looking at a lot of people who have gone to jail for cultivating marijuana (youtube is filled with these stories)....you'll find that most of the time it was a so-called "friend" that ratted them out. I've seen case after case on youtube where a simple home grower, minding his own business, was dragged out of his home after the police kicked down his door with a search warrant...all because one of his friends got picked up for a drug charge earlier that week and when the police interrogated his friend asking him "hey where did you get this weed? If you tell us we'll lessen the charges." And immediately the friend rolls over to the cops and says "well I got this weed my friend John Smith...but, he didn't sell it to me...he gave it to me cause he's a grower...oh wait whoops...I wasn't supposed to tell you that." Seriously, you can look on youtube and you'll see sad stories like this and it's heart breaking to say the least. Then of course there are the true fucking assholes of the world....in watching a marijuana documentary I saw a 55 years old woman, retired, growing marijuana to help ease the pain of her debilitating arthritis. Of all things...her best friend ratted her out to the police because her friend felt this 55 year old woman was a drug addict. And it's fucked because this 55 year old woman was sentenced to JAIL by a judge because the state she was growing in....deemed that cultivating a marijuana plant was illegal...and gave her 1 year of prison per plant she was growing  (she had 5). 5 fucking years of federal prison at 55 for growing a plant. So as tempting as it is to tell everyone about this killer weed your growing in your garden or in your stealth grow room. Don't. Don't risk it coming back to bite you in the ass. Write your victories, questions, and concerns here on this board where you are guaranteed support and anonymity.

Good luck to all the noob growers out there ;)

Be sure send me some PMs to your thread so I can subscribe.

Otherwise...

Stay high everyone,

Best Always.

-JM

15. You've done a fantastic job JM at your first grow! WOW Just goes to show how steep a learning curve anyone can achieve on this forum with the support of its members. 
    Having followed Hope's entire track it seemed as if she was yielding her max. It was surprising to me it turned out to be 26g. Have you any thoughts on practices that might have increased her end yield?

Thank you for your contribution.

16. I'm new to this help plz thx
    I have a question. I flush my plants on the 9 week so, I can harvest in two weeks. I used clearex 5 gallon to flush. A week past I only feed once water. Then I kinda panic and flush it again( panic because I thought the clearex had nutrients) just water 6.7 ph. Now it's just in shock been 2 week. Now my question is the nutrients I use and the way I flush it and hasn't use up the water do you guys think the nutrients are gone??
    And the other question is when you flush does a day counts when the plant drinks up the water to refill??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum