FIRST PLANT EVER - pic of sprout - Welcome anyone's thoughts ;)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerseymonkey, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Hey there man well it looks to me like a couple diffrent issues could be taking place..... It could be a reaction to your recent feeding... or possibly over watering... give them some straight h2o for a bit. I personally wouldnt have started the feeding schedule they look way to small to me. How do they look today? They could be just adjusting to the nutes and will bounce right back?

2. Too much water and too much tin foil.

3. Hey aaron. Well here's the thing, plant #2 started drooping long before I did the 1st nutrient feeding 2 days ago (nutrient strength was at 1/10 strength) so that leads me to believe it might be overwatering. Which is interesting because both plants were started at the exact same time, but looks like Plant #2 just likes a little less water. I only did 1 feeding so far...so if you think it's too early I'll hold back a little longer until you see pics in the future and you give me the okay.

Just checked on them and plant #1 is fine.

Plant #2 is a little droopy still.

This is plant #2, two days ago:
    [​IMG]

And plant #2, today:
    [​IMG]

I'm going to hold off on watering plant #2 for a while.

And for tin foil? I didn't even realize I put too much. I'll take some of it down if that's the case. Curious though...how does too much tin foil effect the plants?

My thanks as always for taking the time to check out my thread

best

-JM

4. As stated earlier each plant is diffrent. Root structure is always diffrent. Prob just slow down on the watering let em dry out a bit make her work a little for her uptake. I was told tin foil was bad. It doesnt dispurse the light properly. Like a magnifyin glass, it can cause hot spots where the light is to intense on your babies. At the shop you got your nutes ask them to purchase a small piece of panda material. They prob got a small chunk layin around. Maybe free? If not its cheap...

5. My first grow in Jan. was a disaster because every 2 or 3 days I watered even though the soil wasn't dry and I'm using LED which doesn't produce heat the way HPS or CFL does. Now once out of the solo cup I'm watering when needed which ends up being about once a week or longer. I read a thread the other day where someone commented that you want to help the plant grow so much you can over do it. In the beginning sometimes its best to just leave them alone and let them do their thing.

6. Yeah I'm just gonna leave them alone. I admit I've been way too attentive to them. With the Watering. Tin foil. Checking the soil. Etc. I'm gonna leave them the fuck alone and water them when they really need it. And take care of them as they need it.

Oh and aaron I called up my hydropontics store and naturally the cheapest one they have for sale is a $80 fucking panda film grow tent.

Gonna see if I can find something cheaper online. In the meantime I took down the tin foil.

Anybody in nyc with some extra panda film feel like being generous and lending me some for my babies? If so, I'll be glad to give you a few nuggets of my area 51 weed. That shit is mad strong and will curl your fuckin toes.

Thanks guys.

Will hit you up with some pics in a few days.

Peace

-JM

7. Bummer it is soooo easy to over care for them but in the end they are just a weed! Keep up the good work i will br following

8. Put some new pics up!!

[​IMG]

Found my first girl today out of the 20 unsexed AliensJackedUp I started pretty rewarding.

9. way to go man!!! nice job!!! she looks great!! nice and strong

10. Hey JM - Have you considered mylar as a replacement for the tin foil ? Home Depot sells it and I've seen it referenced on many threads as a good reflective material for growing. In the future I'll only use the hydroponics store for the Fox Farm soils and the Smart Pots because they're 15 minutes away. Anything else I need I'll go elsewhere. Couldn't believe how much they marked up certain products. Hope plant #2 rebounds !

11. Checked on the kids today. Fuck. Plant #1 seems to be burnt a little. shit. Must've had the lights too close.

Just moved them to yet another home I made for them.

Just measured it and each light is exactly 7 inches away from the plant. So that should be far enough right?

Anyway...here is their new home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant #1 got burned from the light being too close in the last home
    [​IMG]

Plant #2 chugging along
    [​IMG]

Welcome your thoughts on Plant #1.

Also...is having the plants 7 inches away from the light good enough?

thanks for the help guys.

Best

-JM

12. I dont think its light burn on #1 the new growth which would be closest to the light looks great! Maybe nute burn? #2 with the twisting and clawing of the leaves looks to me like over watering then the intro to feeding most likely shocked it...??? Pull the lights up a bit not so direct for a few days.... Dont over water....

13. Hey aaron and my fellow GC amigos,

I'm a 1st time grower and boy does it show. 1 burnt plant and 1 droopy plant.

Fuck.

but what the hell, I'm just gonna keep going and chalk it all up to a learning experience. Hopefully I can make it through Veg without any further hiccups (self impossed hiccups I admit).

I moved the lights back but, fuck I'm realizing the plant #1 got more burned than I thought.

No more nutrients.

And I have not watered them yet.

QUICK QUESTION: Should I clips the burnt leaves off of Plant #1????

MOVED THE LIGHTS BACK
    [​IMG]

Close up of Plant #1 (left) and Plant #2 (right) and a random tomato plant I'm growing in the background
    [​IMG]

Plant #1 - should I trim the burnt leaves?
    [​IMG]

Plant #2 - still droopy from overwatering so I'm gonna hold off from watering until she bounces back - thoughts?
    [​IMG]

Welcome your thoughts GC

PS - Ever since I started growing everytime I walk or drive by a cop I feel like this:

[​IMG]

:D

14. Uhggg JM sorry to see all your issues.

I wouldnt cut any leaves off just leave them be, usually a droopy leaves mean over watered.

Good Luck wish I could help more but I'm a noob as well.....

15. update: Plants are coming along and rebounded from their little issues and so far so good.

I decided to re plant the kids into bigger pots. Also, to keep it super simple since I originally had them in soil that was 50% Fox Farm + 25% perlite + 25% coco choir so this time when I repotted them I repotted them into 100% fox Farm soil and they've been doing great.

[​IMG]

FOUND A SMALL FAN (you can see it in the corner) TO BLOW DOWN ON THEM TO SIMULATE WIND
    [​IMG]

Plant #1 - recovering nicely from the CFL burn from it's previous home:hello:
    [​IMG]

Plant #2 - recovering nicely from overwatering:hello:
    [​IMG]

Even my small little tomato plant is growing good ;):rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

I have held off on watering and have benefited greatly from the LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE TECHNIQUE.:cool:

Lights - Still on a 18 light - 6 darkness schedule

Nutrients - nothing yet

Water - 6.5ph distilled water when they're thirsty but, I haven't watered them yet. Wanna give it a while.

Fan - noticed how much of a different the fan made. Stems steem to be growing thicker and sturdier in just a few days since installing the fan.

Welcome anyone's thoughts...otherwise I think I'm gonna be okay for a while.

best

JM

16. Looks alot better! Keep updating! Lets watch em grow!

17. QUICK QUESTION: when should I "top" my plants? And if now, does anyone have any advice for a noob grower such as myself?

18. Anytime after the 4th or fifth node should be fine, hope this helps.

19. Awesome. thanks. uploading some pics below. Let me know what you think.

20. Update on the kids. Decided to name them "Hope" in that I hope she makes it to flower and "Phoenix" for coming back so strong when when I thought for sure she was on death's door about a week ago. Anyway...they're coming along.

Question: Not sure if based on the pics below if it's too soon to "FIM" or "Top" at this point?

COMING ALONG
    [​IMG]

PLANT #1 - AKA - "HOPE"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PLANT #2 - AKA - "Phoenix"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]