My Small CFL cab with Blue Cheese and Pineapple Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theratdude64, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Good to see an update from ya man! That CCOG looks might tasty!

:wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I know we spoke on it just for who ever else was tagging along on your grow can keep up haha.

You been on the thick quality glass site lately? They got some cool new stuff

3. #3823 theratdude64, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Thanks :) she's the primary girl I'm smokin on these days, quite happy with her!

Yeah I figured that was for reference of others lol, I'm still stoked about it being emdog, she's a bomb girl. My next one in flower is shaping up to be more of a beast.

Some new girls joining the party soon!... Details to come...

Edit, forgot to say, I haven't browsed glass since I got mine lol, I wanna go more smoke pieces bad, sucks only having one with one backup pipe lol. I wanna get a good hand sized water bubbler, I dig water filtration but my bong is a beast!

4. You can get a pretty good bubbler from there for a decent price. I was looking on there for awhile. Didn't pull the trigger.

5. Nice I'll check that out sometime. I'm sure when I can finally get a bubbler, I'll be like "Yo natty, what's that site again?" haha

6. I bought my only proper bubbler for like $35, it's a worked china hammer but can't complain. I've hit it hard on stuff too.

Didn't buy anymore cause I got hooked on J hooks lol.

j hook at my lhs was like $40 its like $15 on the thick quality glass site.... just giving you a heads up 

8. Nice buds dude.
    Maby I should pop a few of my Emdog S1's. Got 9 beautiful beans and one slightly premature seed. Who all grew out the Emdog S1's so I can go look at those too lol.

I remember natt Tellin me he saw nanners on a few buds so kinda got shuffled to the bottom of the bean bag.

Chronic thunder vegges very fast for me now in the coco. I've been spending quite a few kinky nights having bondage sessions with her. After 3 strap downs she's looking like she's about ready to let start growing vertically permanently lol. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427578919.121265.jpg

Rd I always forget i gave you PLA too since I got rid of it. Haha. What your overall impressions of her? Looks like she's bein a stretch monster like usual :p

Anyways man I'll catch you in chat. Peace

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

9. I dig the emdog smoke so it's good smoke for sure, lol.

I heard same thing, I was on banana patrol. I let her go longer than usual, like 82 days, not a single banana *shrug *

I dig PLA, I gotta get smokin her! All her hash went into my tincture run last time, and now waiting on another to flower lol. She's in flower again but kinda new back in there. She's down to a solo cup I gotta get cloning more of now lol

I just built a bubble cloner last night, filled it up with 5 blue cheese clones :metal:

Cheers mate. Been looking for some thick or worked ones, I just got cheapies. Having said that though I broke the first worked perc I got in like 3 days so I was a bit gun shy after that.

11. What's up Rd? Definitely got some nice buds coming out of flower!

Yo Tokin that ct your training is absolutely beautiful!

12. yeaah, my bad, sorry I haven't been around much lol.  Got a new job, the garden isn't in the best shape, so I've been lazy heh.  I only have one Blue Cheese in Flower, I gotta get my cloning going better so that I can get other girls up into flower.  

13. All good mate, regulars disappear for a while and you just wonder if everything is cool.

Glad ya still going.

14. Yep yep I'm all good lol. I'll get some pics when I do some more work lol.

Sucks having just one in flower :( really low on buds too

15. Good to see ya rat dude! Sorry to hear about the growing pains. We have all had em. Hope you get rocking how you want again

:wave:

16. One plant is more than I got in flower haha you'll be good to go in no time

17. #3838 Dingus, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Hey RD!! happy belated 420! well actually by my rules 420 lasts until 430 and its still 4/29 here hahaha. but hey! I just wanted to share with you, i made some rosin!! and it's fantastic!!! the two globs on the left are both rosin. top is somango #1 and bottom is #3. it taastes amaaaazing. on the right is a QWET of sleestack skunk from the summer. The rosin is ridiculously smooth, like the first hit on a fresh vape bag or something. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430371009.479591.jpg

18. Mind a breakdown of your method for rosin?  

19. #3840 Dingus, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    sure it's really simple. All you need is: weed (buds or bubble hash or scissor hash) parchment paper, a flat iron like for straightening hair, a dab tool and some muscle! It'll take a couple tries to get it going but once you've got a feel for it it's easier. The first couple presses for me I didn't get anything but flattened nugs lol.

Soooo let's see. Pre heat your flat iron for five minutes or whatever until it's hot. Mine has a digital temp thingy with setting intervals of 20*. I use the lowest though which is 310*.

Next take a nug, a really small one. Like .3 max! If you use a larger nug you literally will get like nothing!!! This is super important to use tiny nugs.

Fold a piece of parchment paper in half and then unfold it. The paper has to be not too big not too small for the size of the nug. It has to be large enough to capture the splatter of rosin juice when you press the nug.

Put the nug in the middle of the paper, fold it back over the nug so the nug is like sandwiched in the paper.

Lay it in the flat iron.

Press slowly at first so you've got a grip on the nug and can feel it in the flat iron. I've pressed too fast before and the nug and paper like shoot out from the flat iron lol.

Now press really hard for 7 seconds! On the last second since I'm not very strong I press super hard and release! Like as if you were jumping, you build up some strength and then release! And then voila.

Remove the paper and nug and you'll see you have a flat nug with some rosin juice surrounding it. The amount you get per nug is really little but it adds up. Sometimes you'll get a really good press or maybe it's just a loaaaded nug which will release more than normal rosin. Like a literal nice sized dab. Most of the time though I get like half a dab amounts.

Also I've found you can press the flattened bud again and maybe even a third time if it keeps juicing. It really depends on the material.

Also I experimented with making a ball of Shake and pressing that and that works excellently as well. As long as the shake holds together into a nice ball (like a nug!) idk if the shake one will work for most people cuz most peoples shake is super dry. For me though I keep it with a boveda humidipak so it's still moisty and sticky.

I have not tried doing it bubble hash or scissor hash but I've read it works. Also apparently if you do kief it literally turns into rosin. That's probably the highest yielding along with bubble.

Now you just collect up the rosin using your dab tool. I find scraping actions work well along with dabbing actions (like dabbing excess paint off, except opposite, like creating a hash snowball on the tool?)

Also I forgot to mention. After the first press you'll likely have some excess plant matter there too. If it's not like directly on top of some rosin I remove it with tweezers. I collect up the plant matter I've collected also into a little ball and it's sorta like scissor hash. I wonder if I press it I'll get back more rosin cuz of all the little bits stuck to the plant matter.