My Small CFL cab with Blue Cheese and Pineapple Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theratdude64, Feb 27, 2013.

1. #3781 theratdude64, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    You weren't kidding test run, they failed hard haha. I see things saying glycerin is in hard candy but now that I'm finally doing it they're not the best.

Well, my failure was not spraying the molds with pam. We were totally out and I did read somewhere saying don't use it because it will make candies look weird. Yeah it stuck BAD. Took forever to clean and cracked one mold in half.

That and they were really really moist sticky, so I think if I roll them in powdered sugar like I did my last candies that problem will be solved. So I have more hopes for round 2

2. yea gotta Pam the molds. Shit did I say to do that in my tut? :eek: Can't remember but hope I did!

You could prolly dial the amount of glycerine back until you get a consistency you like. Maby a touch less than test batch #1 and you'd end up with gummy bear like candies. That might be cool! May I ask why your using glycerine Tinture over the Green dragon tincture ~> green dragon sugar route?

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

3. #3783 theratdude64, Feb 25, 2015
    I am not a fan of cooking alcohol, or the time a cold extraction takes lol. I most definitely plan a green dragon in the future, perhaps even next payday, but glycerine this round haha.

Edit, and I thought I read glycerine is what's in hard candies last time I read into it... But apparently not haha. It's in taffy, that would be cool to make lol

I have more plants and trim to hash, so I could make a blue dream / fruit automatic green dragon! Haha

I'll post pics but wow I'm impressed with this tincture so far. I'm heat cycling it, got it down to 70 degrees and took my spoon and mashed all the hash chunks against the side of the jar, and will cook at least 3 more times. If no more absorbs in, add a bit of glycerin to it and then it should all absorb. Then have minor impurities to filter

4. Your glycerine tincture sounds excellent.

But dude send iron a pm or ask him about the green dragon he makes with hash. I don't think it takes long dude. Maby 1/2 hr to decarb the hash, 2 hrs of soak in the freezer and then strain and reduce, add to sugar, further reduce.

But I understand your concerns about cooking off the alcohol. If you have an open flame stove top or oven I wouldn't want to do it either. Risky. I really want to get a nuwave pad for purging my bho but would work for what your into as well. I love how precise you can be with the temp settings. Exactly what you need for bho. Plus its induction so no worries about buring down the house.

5. We have a NuWave induction top but it's hard to find the pot that works for it lol. I LOVE my fondue pot oil bath arrangement

I want a vacume packer thing like you have for a million reasons, but yet another is I'd love to decarb by making my parchment paper hash envelope, packing it and submerging in my delicately controlled temperature oil bath

6. that's an interesting idea hadn't thought about that. What about a pint mason jar. Or jelly jar. Would do the same thing right? Just sit some rings in the bottom of the pot so the glass doesn't directly touch the bottom of the pot.

7. #3787 theratdude64, Feb 25, 2015
    I'm using an old coconut oil jar lol. I poked a hole for thermometer, and used my foil ducting tape to seal it, no unnecessary terpene evaporation.

5.46grams decarbed hash
    1424831383991.jpg
    1424831415282.jpg

My jar
    1424831446084.jpg 1424831460478.jpg

5.46g hash to 5oz glycerine. I will later (just did) add 1oz and will add until it all dissolves and leaves the minute amount of planty material to strain.
    1424831549658.jpg

I painstakingly broke it into little pieces and dropped it into glycerine while shaking it. It all floats to the top pretty quick but here's after a good shake
    1424831572496.jpg

After the first cook
    1424831626518.jpg 1424831639059.jpg

After second cook 200* for 30 minutes again
    1424831724875.jpg

After this I cooled it to 70* and took a spoon and mashed all the chunks against the glass to make it all blend in better. Did the best I could.
    1424831758507.jpg

And now it's cooking a third of five times. I read this
    1424831791373.jpg
    And am considering putting it in the fridge overnight. I always do a freezer night for my butter batches so I think fridge temp freezing glycerine could be beneficial

Edit : btw, this stuff smells insanely good lol. Coconut oil has its own strong flavor that gets added, the glycerine adds nothing, pure hash smell!

8. #3788 Kroptonik, Feb 25, 2015
    Interesting to watch the edible talk...maybe I'll make edibles one day :laughing:

9. #3789 Grow2dab., Feb 25, 2015
    Yeah RD's bringing me round too, problem is I know edibles lay me out eventually so I'm sort of only half looking forward to it. I've had all the stuff to make cupcakes for like a month lol.

Hard luck mate but respect for laying it out mate, not as much on GC but allot on other forums people hide their mistakes like it makes them look bad but I don't see the point to that. Half the stuff I've learnt so far so quickly is from people basically saying "don't do that, cause look it doesn't work."

10. #3790 theratdude64, Feb 25, 2015
    Edibles are fun, but yeah when I went overboard it SUCKED, felt like liquid hot magma flowed through my veins, was pretty excruciating lol. I had like an entire batch of dank cookies worth of butter that day though lol.

I've made plenty of mistakes I didn't post up about lol, but I try to post some especially when it's about a project like the candies. I'm super grateful it was a lame normal batch that failed, not an infused one heh.

I have a half day at work today, I'm halfway through my half day and going crazy, I wanna get home and finish my tincture!!

Like posted above, it gets solid at 62*, so it's in the fridge. Put it in on my way out to short day so it'll get just over 4 hours of cold time.

When I get home I'll pull it out, thaw it, and cook it for the 5th and probably final time. Then ziptie cheese cloth to the jar opening and strain it out. It's gotten a pretty nice color so it should be bomb, the smell is nuts

After 4th cook
    1424878462727.jpg 1424878471309.jpg

11. My day off today, worked on the girls. Got some good pics for my blades :smokng:

Here's Blue Cheese, I gotta clone the hell out of this girl before going to flower, she's the only Blue Cheese I've got at the moment
    BC (1).jpg

Chem Creations OG (CCOG2)
    CCOG2 (1).jpg CCOG2 (2).jpg

Purple LA needed a training bad, so she's getting circular wrapped around the pot with LST
    PLA2-Trained (1).jpg PLA2-Trained (2).jpg PLA2-Trained (3).jpg

The Veg Area for Today. I watered everyone with some Startboost and Fasilitor to take 6 clones tomorrow.  Then two ladies will go into flower and there will be a cloner back in there. 
    veg.jpg

Now the flower girls

Blue Dream 3, she's gettin huge for this little 1 gallon pot lol. She's happy, so I'll focus on keeping her happy
    BD3 (1).jpg BD3 (2).jpg

Chem Creations OG (CCOG2) , She's got some crazy longass pistil hairs, any ideas whats up with that? lol
    CCOG2 (1).jpg CCOG2 (2).jpg

The Younger Chronic Thunder
    CT (1).jpg

The Older Chronic Thunder, Due March 12th. Ridiculously Frosty!!!
    CT001 (1).jpg CT001 (2).jpg

Ice Road 2 ReVeg (IR2RV)
    IR2RV (1).jpg

The Flower deck, oops, camera lense was smudged lol

Attached Files:

12. Nice update ratdude! Musta been spacing out cause I totally missed that you got a ccog :p grass city rocks haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Thanks :) Haha yeah the city is great, so stoked to see how she smokes.

So so happy it's only like 13 days till I get my first chronic thunder, she was impressive when I sampled her a few months ago.

Here's the bottle I got for the tincture btw, totally filled this
    1425074653475.jpg

14. That ct loves to frost up haha just wait!

15. Great to see such awesome work dude - NICE!     :metal:

16. #3796 theratdude64, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    3 new Thunder Cat OG seedlings :)

1425865896744.jpg 1425865909739.jpg

And a Chronic Thunder sample, half trimmed
    1425865942103.jpg

Yeah my phone posted em weird but there ya go haha

Attached Files:

17. CT looks solid mate, can't wait to see her finished.

18. Thanks :) I'm stoked to see what TCOG will do.

Chronic thunder isn't goin anywhere, she's insane. I feel I will be in love with her for a long time lol