My Small CFL cab with Blue Cheese and Pineapple Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theratdude64, Feb 27, 2013.

1. lol I have a good amount of plant matter in there too :)   Awesome Bigcat :metal:

2. I don't remember if I've ever mentioned it in here officially.... but my 440CFM blower is goin out :( But I've got one ordered waiting on shipping :)  It's making an intermittent grinding sound, sounds like a dude sharpening a tool on a lathe in the room  :mad:

But should be getting the new one tomorrow sometime :metal:

I am about to trim up a blue dream I just pulled from flower  :bongin:

3. The PLA is crazy frosty, she's way impressive. She'll be a little bit before harvest, I gotta go through and figure out due dates lol, but I know she has a while.

New blower tomorrow :) checked tracking

4. glad your liking her man. Always sucks running gifted cuts just to find you don't like them. Henceforth the sample, just so ya know what the cut will grow. Lol

Glad the the new fans on the way and will be there soon. Equipment failures suck balls.

Been making anymore hash? Bet you would get a nice yield off PLA. Her trim got me a few grams of some real nice shatter last time I blasted a tube.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

5. I gotta run some more hash, I was enjoying the hell out of it for a couple weeks or so haha.

I bet PLA will hash like crazy, I'm amazed how frosty she gets. I have a strikingly frosty blue dream too :)

Now that a pot is freed up time to move one into flower shortly. How long from transplant to flower switch would you recommend?

6. do you mean like how long to let them veg in the final pot size before flowering? A week should give them ample time to recover and start growing into the new soil before the flip. It's really subjective though. Ive tp the same night that I made the flip before and I've flowered potbound plants. I wouldn't recommend the latter but your really should be good to go to bloom anytime after the tp man. If anything maby a day or 2 then flip. The transition will give them time to grow into the new soil. And if they did slow up a bit from the tp it might be reflected in a little less stretch. I do know one thing though....bigger roots equals bigger fruits. Lol

Sorry if none of that made sense or if I confused ya. I won't blame it on the weed but I did just rip through a CT bowl :)

7. Totally made sense :) I've transplanted the day I went into flower before, didn't seem too negative, but wanted a better opinion lol.

I'll give it a few days in veg, my veg is pretty empty right now so i can transplant up lol

8. New Blower is in! I can load pics later, but I thought it was the same model I had, but it's got quite a bit bigger diameter, but fit just fine :smoking: so i'm happy lol

I got BD all chopped up and in a brown paper bag drying, with a small bag of trim in the freezer.  I'll try and make some blue dream bubble today.  I wanna make Tokin Candies so damn bad lol

9. Hey ratdude hope all is well with you and the family. Have you ever posted your paper bag method of drying? I know I personally love reading how everyone does it

10. damnit, I thought I replied to this :(  

We're doin good :) Hope all is well with you's guys too :smoking:

All I do to dry now is take brown paper lunch sacs, and then take extra ones and shred them up.  Put a row of buds in the bottom of bag, row of shredded brown paper bag, buds, shredded paper, buds, paper, etc.  I hear to stir it around a day or two into it too but I haven't.  

Then into Boveda 62% jars :)

11. Haha all good man. Things are great over here as well. I've heard of a few different people doing your method I haven't tried it myself.

12. Excellent :)

I got the idea from that big sticky thread I think it is, how to harvest and dry. he uses trader joes bags up in the attic.  

13. Sorry I'm scarce around here, between workin, family, and the cab there's not much free time to be on computer lol.  

To do a quick update, I've got 2 plants worth of PLA in the freezer ready to bubble bag down into hash, then make glycerin tincture, and hard candies :)  

Then I've got a CCOG getting pretty far along in flower that I've been checking for banana's and don't see anything :) She's gettin pretty good lookin, I'll get pics but flower is asleep right now lol. 

I REALLY love Chronic Thunder, she responds to EXACTLY the kind of training i like to do, she's perfect.  Her high is amazing too, so I'm super stoked to get her flowered out.  

I'm off tomorrow so I hope to have some free time to post pics n whatnot then :)

14. Hey man life happens lol good to hear everything is going good. Ya that chronic thunder is awesome to grow and smoke!

15. Sup RD?! Glad to see ya pop in. Like BC said life happens. Sometimes we don't have time for the city but just know your buddies will be here with a warm welcome when you come home :)

Glad you are liking the CT brother. She really is something special. Glad you got a cut of her dude!! I was just thinking about you last night almost dug your thread up and posted but I was too blazed. I smoked my last PLA nug and I was thinking about the grows I did with her and all that and walking down memory lane if you will. Was nice to put her to rest for me. I am glad however she lives on with you. Hope she rewards you with fond memories and warm fuzzy feelings. Lol.

PLA hash is tits dude!! She's frosty as fuck so should be a good return!! :bongin:

16. From all your time growing with cfl in small spaces what is the best advice you would give to someone doing the same?

17. #3738 theratdude64, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Laptop finally decided to load, geeze, lol

Nice haha, I'm stoked about PLA, I'm expecting a surprising quantity of hash outta that brown paper bag of Purple LA plants.  Hands down the stickiest plant I've grown, crazy sparkly.  First plant I've had that had frost all the way to the tips of lots of sugar leaves.  My Blue Dream started to perform that well right after I spotted it on PLA though :lol:

I'm stoked to make glycerine.  I've been trying to get the shit together to make a batch or two of hard candies before making real ones, but sounds like I'll be buying all the materials together.

So while I'm making the glycerine tincture, I'll be making normal candies, and going from there. 

How are your candies treating you Tokin? I'm so beyond stoked to get them made.  I've got a really awesome root beer concentrate flavoring that would be awesome.  Also have a cherry flavor. Everywhere I go I think "damn a candie would be nice here" went to a 3D IMAX the other night, that would be epic with a few candies the whole time :smoking:

I want to get a scale calibration weight, so that when I make candies I can start using measured quantities and do consistent batches with measured results, fully accurate.  

Ventilation for sure :lol: Make sure the temperatures don't get too up there. Any time my fans died, it got noticeably hot in there :eek:    Not as drastic as the HPS does though haha. 

But also make sure to use at least 23-26 Watt (I forget which) CFL's, the 13w one's are worthless, don't have any penetrating power whatsoever.  

I made a light fixture that let me adjust the bulbs fairly individually to get as close as I could to each plant so they all got the most benefit.  

Hope any of that helps :smoking:

18. Good tips I need to make a fixture too the one I bought heats up :/ this is (hopefully) her :D

Attached Files:

19. Damn man, I haven't seen a notification on the thread in forever. Glad to hear PLA was something you enjoyed and you're doing well tho. I double checked to make sure I'm still subbed but I bet it's my just my phone app. Forgive me if you mentioned already, I coulda missed it, but did you get colors out of the PLA? Again my bad if I missed it I'm pretty lit