My Small CFL cab with Blue Cheese and Pineapple Skunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by theratdude64, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Lookin good man, can't wait to hear how they smoke.

2. Nice harvest my dude! kill those thrips They're greeeezy!! I'm so glad to be rid of them in the greenhouse. It must be hella hard to get rid of them in a perpetual setup cuz you can't spray in flower and the bugs don't care of course and can wander back into veg town.

Speaking of organic wen are ya gonna join me in organic soil? Bottled nutes are way more expensive in the long run and imo with bottles it's much harder to keep the plants happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3043 theratdude64, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    yeah dude it's a beast to deal with them, they just migrate to what I don't spray :( But I'm hoping that by keeping on top of spraying of the plants that are in ther flower while I can, then the ones that can't be sprayed will be harvested soon.  Early September.  This spray is good for day of harvest for veggies... so I'll use it till they get a little bit hairy, then cut it off.  Meanwhile veg will be getting regular solid treatments.  I'm hoping to have them wiped out pretty good by the time these flowers are done.  

edit: forgot to answer organic question.  I'm hoping next outdoor garden season I'll be able to mix up a crap ton of organic soil, so I'll use some for the ladies... hopefully heh

Just watered everyone. I'm working on getting better at feeding what that plant wants, that day... rather than just "it's this food day, make a big pitcher for everyone"   So they should like that.   I flushed the hempy out because it was showing a bit of nitrogen overload, so I cleaned the reservoir out until the runoff ran clear, then gave it it's usual feeding so it doesn't yellow out while stretching.  

The wife and I really noticing how my skin, especially my face, is always kinda perma pink like I have a light sun burn.  When I work on the cab, I sit directly under the HPS :lol: I'll have a slight sun burn regardless of the season haha

Check out this mamba pic! Holy crap I've never had a spot on a bud be so sparkly that it caught my attention as hard as this one did.  They're also rock hard more than any I've ever seen :)
    2014-08-24 22.59.13.jpg

4. think its rock hard now, that looks like its got swell left in it. That's where your density comes from, the final swell.

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I am rock hard right now. Haha

Anyways looking good in here ratdude. Looks like you found a keeper in the mamba!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #3046 theratdude64, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Thanks :)  One of the mamba's is a puny little turd next to the others, looks like my skinny CFL plants lol.  I've made it a point to not even sample mamba so that it's a total new experience once it's matured.  I'm stoked! They're too yellow for my liking, so next flower generation I'm focusing on keeping them happier. 

The hardness of them is crazy, I duno how to explain it but the sugar leaf is stiff too, it's weird.  Stoked to see her swell up.  They've got a phatter harvest per plant than my last two 1 gallons, so I'm feelin better about lasting until next harvest....except that the next plants are Pineapples... so they'll want WEEEEEKS on top of what I'd generally expect.  So my next harvests wont be for a while heh.

There's still a bug population, but I have only done the very first treatment.  Hopefully after another coat of the fish oil tomorrow, then the followup in 7 days should Axe them...

7. Did a bunch of work with the ladies today.  I sprayed the second application of the bug stuff.  The bug population is still there but seems smaller already...

Took two mamba clones, more pics of them later in this post but here's the new cloner full of clones

clones.jpg

(I'm lazy so the pics are all named but just posted in alphabetical order :lol: )

Flower
    flower.jpg

Ice Road Chips in Veg, I defoliated this one down a bit after these pics to open her up more.
    IRchips (1).jpg

Mamba Flower
    mambaFlower.jpg

New Clones taken from Mamba nutter that got transplanted below
    mambaNewClones.jpg mambaNewClones2.jpg

Mamba Nutter Transplant, as soon as clones root, she's goin upstairs
    mambaNutterTransplant (1).jpg mambaNutterTransplant (2).jpg mambaNutterTransplant (3).jpg mambaNutterTransplanted (1).jpg mambaNutterTransplanted (2).jpg

The Large Pineapple, coming down ~September 10th
    pineappleLarge (1).jpg pineappleLarge (2).jpg

Pineapple Milk, I need to add perlite, but it's sitting here really happy and perky while it builds a root system to the reservoir.  
    pineappleMlik.jpg

The next pineapple clone to get a root! This popped out the day after I put it in the new cloner.  This thing holds humidity properly, without me manhandling it constantly... so this is promising.
    pineappleRoots (1).jpg pineappleRoots (2).jpg

Veg, after soaking with the fish oil crap
    veg.jpg

8. ^^^^look who it is!! Wow...long break my friend!!

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

9. Looking good RD!! The only thing I have found that works as good as perlite are these little beads they have at the dollar store. They actually absorb the water and release a little bit at a time as the rapid rooter needs it. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409342126.634452.jpg

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

Those are cool, I've never seen anything like that around here.  Maybe our craft store, but I haven't seen anything beyond fake flowers and that nasty foam you stab them into at ours :lol:

Perlite rules, I thought I'd need a new bag semi soon in order to get rollin... but I filled my small secondary bucket for it and it's got enough perlite in it to do at least 6 more milk jugs.  Then I'll have to get another giant $8 bag haha.  I inhaled a bunch of the powder through my shirt though, it's quite shitty to have lining one's throat and lungs :(

Well, the wife got crazy sick the other day, and when she gets sick her lungs really crap out on her more than most people.  They measured her blood oxidization and it was like One point above Organ failure.  She just wasn't able to breathe.  Well, she's feeling great, but now I'm feeling like a can of smashed assholes :lol: At least I don't have the breathing problems...

Smokin while sick is unpleasant as fuck, but it's really nice how it opens up my air ways and whatnot.  I feel halfway acceptable with some pineapple in me.  The other day the grinder smelled like I put a red/white swirl candy into the grinder with it, intensely sweet, minty candy smell to it.  Now I can't smell SCHITT, you know it's bad when dankess has no smell haha.

But Anywho... Check out what I found in a West Coast Parking Lot! 

2014-08-29 12.19.32.jpg

I'm super stoked, the one time I've had c99 in the past I had major improvements in life, and it truly turned my life around for a couple weeks when I had it.  Everyone I've read into it says it has an incredibly short, 50-55 day flower time, etc. I'm stoked to get her cranking out and reap the benefits :metal:

2014-08-29 12.21.27.jpg 2014-08-30 00.14.10.jpg

And here's a pic of the Mamba, I love this strain so far! Every time I water it, the nuggets get incredibly solid, never felt one like that before.  
    2014-08-29 23.46.57.jpg

I haven't even sampled her yet, waiting for the surprise haha

11. @[member="theratdude64"] Looking awesome, dude - hope the wife feels better

12. thankya thankya,  wife is doin ok, now it's me that feels like ass :lol:  She's still sticky but now I'm the real sick one.  

13. After ~24 hours, the Cinderella 99 seed was still floating in the shot glass, but a gentle tap sunk it.  So I put it in a moist cube, pushed just barely down into it and put it in the cloner.

c99cube.jpg

I also took a Cutting of Ice Road Teddy at Week 2 Day 2 of flower. Confirmed Female, now to save this girl's genes.  

IRteddy (1).jpg IRteddy (2).jpg IRteddyClone (1).jpg IRteddyClone (2).jpg

Cloner looking decent, now i can let it sit for a while
    IRteddyAndC99.jpg cloner.jpg

The always beautiful Black Mamba
    mamba.jpg

The runty black mamba. it's sparkly as fuck in the pictures... but this thing is a sad sac in person.  I wanna hash the whole thing out lol, it's got ZERO density to it.  
    mambaRunt.jpg

The bigass pineapple that's due on September 4th.  When she comes out, a bunch can move upstairs and get things rolling :) 

For scale, that is a 2x4 beam behind her... pretty fat!
    pineappleLarge (1).jpg

pineappleLarge (2).jpg pineappleLarge (3).jpg pineappleLarge (4).jpg pineappleLarge (5).jpg

Forgot to mention, that corner of the cloner cleared out for IR and C99 because I transplanted this Pineapple into a fourth milk gallon.  They'll take forever to veg... but I'll have a crap ton of pineapple in the future...
    pineappleRoots.jpg

14. @[member="theratdude64"] Looks amazing, dude!  Good work   :hello:

15. Congrats bro! C99 is one that I liked. I replaced mine with Jamaican Dream. When I had pm I had to destroy all my cuts :( they kept getting it bad. Grower error but the smoke was pretty good. Pineappley. My pheno didn't yield but there are yielders out there too.

Everything is looking good though RD. I hope the lady, and yourself, have a speedy recovery back into good health.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SG-HIGH-ASFCK using Swishers and Herb(R)