Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advised not to smoke Weed by a Doctor...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thewastedyouth, Feb 27, 2013.

1. A little reality check from England!

If cannabis caused schizophrenia-how many cannabis users may need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia? England and Wales calculations.
    (abst - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Unbound MEDLINE : If cannabis caused schizophrenia--how many cannabis users may need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia? England and Wales calculation[/FONT]

Science: The development of the number of new schizophrenia cases in the UK does not support the hypothesis that cannabis use increases schizophrenia risk (news – 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Granny :wave:

2. It's a proven fact that if you smoke to cure an illness it will help temporarily and after you stop smoking it MIGHTl become worse. in my experience that is true but if you have the mental strength you can pull threw it. Because I did.

3. Theres evidence both for and against it, CBD has anti-psychotic properties but the weed in the UK isn't top shelf california medical weed, its usually shit unless you have good hook ups.

The GP is not going to recommend anyone smokes it as it would put their job on the line because its illegal, and a lot of medical professionals who know the score with weed disagree with smoking combustible plant material anyway and would rather you take it other ways.

4. I don't see how the weed in UK is usually shit when there are numerous seed banks there. Well then, here is a kick ass link for cannabis skitzo's

Marijuana Compound May Beat Antipsychotics at Treating Schizophrenia | Psych Central News

Man, I just took a pharma pill called Latuda, its an anti psychotic right.. but its side effects are so horrid that I have to take it right before bed, or I experience suicidal depression. I mean herb doesn't have that bad a side effect as a pharma drug, cmon.

5. Too true.

Ridiculous misleading statistics are everywhere when it comes to anti-marijuana propaganda (and countless other fields). I'm glad you saw this for what it is. I encourage you to maintain that skepticism when doing your research.

Good luck, sir.

6. Reminds me of a article i read from madd it said out of all fatalities in vehicle collisions were like something 70% was caused by weed/alcohol/other drugs. I was shocked you would not seperate the 3 cause from that 70% 69.9% was probably from drinking and driving while the other .1% must b from painkillers etc.

7. Is she taking any other medications for this chance of bipolar disorder? Because if she is, then the meds will do their job so go ahead.

If she isn't, then i would think a bit more about it. Personally, I would go ahead and do it, but have a plan of action just in case i do have a bipolar outburst.

8. my mon has some sort of depression. Do y'all think its safe for me to continue to toke?

9. Dude I just thought of something, what if marijuana REALLY reveals you to your true self. I mean, if you develop schizophrenia it was already lying dormant in you (correct me if I'm wrong) and weed just speeds it up. It could just be showing who you truly are genetically, am I wrong? Or am I just a rambling fool.. :(

10. theres alot of doctors out there who reccomend you quit due to the meds you take or the mental illness's in your family.

but thats because 'some' people have problems mixing the two things.

however, there are 'some' people that dont have problems mixing the two things.

all depends on how it effects them. as long as she doesnt have schizo breakdowns every time she takes a hit, she should be fine, but if it ever becomes a trigger, id def stop

and dont doubt the US nuggets. lol we get shit thats just as good if you know the right people or you got a mmj card.

11. Those who have mental illness in their family, or an already existing predisposition to mental illness, specifically schizophrenia, should avoid all psychedelic drug use as this can cause the condition to onset sooner. Marijuana is not the cause of schizophrenia, but when used by a person with an already existing predisposition it can come on more rapidly than it naturally would.

12. An open mind would be the key here, just because your in love with mj and you think its the cure all for everything doesnt mean it is.

A drug is a drug, some people just arent able to do it. Ive had mj that was super high in thc and can make you sketchy as fuck, sometimes its not a great feeling. So just imagine taking that stuff when your sketchy already, its just not a good mix.

Like the previous comments have stated, mj with higher cbd would be the best choice and a much safer way to smoke..

13. smoking weed with a history of schizophrenia in your recent family is a really good idea and theres no way it could go wrong. dohhhh!!

its up to her though, maybe nothing will happen and she'll be fine, but it's important that she knows the risks

and what the fuck are you on about? how is weed in england shit? just because you've got a retarded dealer, doesn't mean the rest of england does

14. marijuana is the cure not the cause.

15. Isn't Schizophrenia extremely rare?

16. "Here she comes to save the day
    Mighty Granny is here to stay"

The one Blade who backs up what she posts with links.
    Gotta love her.

17. For real bro...I can't say I've picked up a depressingly shit bag ever in my entire life.

18. 1 percent of the population in America has Schizophrenia. 2 million people roughly. I googled it awhile back.

19. Heck smoking improves my quality of life, big pharma, not so much. Insomnia with ADD is greatly helped by the fine herb. That said, some super grade 26% THC gave me a little more psych affect than I would have chosen, nice overall. Even in Denver, not Springs it was hard to find high CBD most want high thc.

20. How much does a normal person have to smoke to become schiZo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum