Pound.Per.Plant 25K vertical bulb perpetual monthly harvest

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wescross, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Just recently started an indoor op at my house in southern oregon. The plan was to set out to get a pound per plant indoors, because everyone kept talking about the poundperplant legends but couldn't back it up with any pictures much less the medicine to share. To abide by strict plant number regulations in oregon we grow less, bigger plants to maximize efficiency and production while staying within oregon regulations. This is my best educated attempt at that poundperplant goal and for the sake of the progression of knowledge in this field I will be documenting it for questions and input.
    To start I have 5 bulbs in the veg room, 4 with cooled hoods and one hanging bulb in the center. (pics of the veg room to come) 3 bulbs are mh and 2 are hps.
    Each flower room has 10x 1000 watt CoolTube Hps hanging on 50" centers, 2 rows of 5. a couple weeks in the ez cloner, a month in the veg room, then two months in the flower room. with 2 flower rooms set up identically, i put in 18 plants one month in one room, followed by 18 in the next room the next month. This way, with strains that finish around 8 weeks in flower you harvest one room per month. every month i put the clones into 1 gallon root pots*(from aurora innovations), which will be eventually transplanted into 15 gallon rootpots by the start of flower. grown in Roots Organics GreenLite soil, with Roots Organics and FloraNova lines of nutrients.
    Strains:
    Platinum Kush
    Blue Dream
    Shiva Kush
    Jaegermeister
    Oregon Vortex
    Super Sour Diesel X OG Kush
    Just put them into flower today, February 25th, 2013. Might be able to pull down some of the kush by 4/20! Lemme know what you guys think. any feedback or questions are appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Very nice man i ever had the space would love to try a similar setup mysslf one day. Love indoor trees.

3. all i can say is wow and im in in in in

4. I've been planning on setting up a similar system to this because of all the hype. I have a medium size barn it looks to be maybe a little longer than what you have. It currently has 14 600 watt hps in it now i was thinking about changing them to hanging lamps.I wanted to grow them in 30 gallon pots do you think that's overkill? High Times speaks highly of them in How to Grow Like A Pro on youtube. Also how do you water by hand or res?

5. SaaaweeeeeeeeeTTT!!! im here for the run and learning experience!!

6. Yes always hand water with a breaker wand. It's absolutely the best saturation and allows you to be constantly noticing changes in the plant as you develop a more personal relationship rather than putting them on a drip system/flood/overhead or really any automated system. The idea isn't high tech growing. It's low tech high yield. It puts the farmer back in the grow room where he should be, not on a remote control board in the suburbs 30 miles away. It doesn't take that long to water 40 6 foot plants in 15 gallon containers. Maybe 15 minutes every 3 days. Think about that, in an average of a 12 week complete grow cycle that's only devoting 7 or 8 hours total for watering. Not that much... Considering you'll probably take 10 hours to set up a highly functioning automated watering system, it doesn't seem that bad.
    As far as size of pots it's all relative to the length of your grow cycle. I always give them 5 gallons per month, and some people even think that's overkill, but with the proper use of mycorrhizae and air pruning pots, you can grow 7 foot tall 5 foot wide trees indoors. With only a month of veg. 30 gal is too much, unless your planning on vegging for 2 or 3 months.

7. A newer photo of the first flower room. They're about 2 1/2 weeks into flower, you just can't take proper photos with the hps and a digital camera. Soon ill take more closeups when lights go off. Another pic is my power control for the rooms 80 amp service subpaneled into 2 seperate double pole 20 amp 220v circuits, 5 lights on each circuit. I used a double pole single throw 40 amp timer on each circuit which allowed me to connect one room of ballasts to the NO or normally open contacts and the other room of ballasts to the NC normally closed contacts.

Roots organics greenlite soil is the shit. All it is, is the roots organics original soil with 30% more perlite, ideal for indoor growing.

Veg room has 5 lights total, 4 air cooled overhead (2 hps/2 mh) and a mh hung in the center for dual spectrum.

Here's a hint, trays for big pots, like 15 gallons are expensive, almost 20$ a piece, I got these at a hardware store for $6 a piece. They are children's sleds, they are very rigid have handles, and you can rotate them very easy.

Attached Files:

8. He gets 8lbs and some change, I didnt believe it but his colas are huge! He went with G13, for the high yield and it was an experiment to prove the theory that a plant wont start growing tall but rather bush out until it hits the limits of the container, he used a 70 gallon tub i believe, check out the thread, its official. I prefer outdoors myself but love to see anyone grow massive trees.