Stealthy PC CFL Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Deleted member 538806, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Awesome thread and plants dude. I used to use cfl's myself and i think the reason you aren't getting enough amber is because you need a mixed spectrum with the cfl's. not only that but some sativas don't ever amber up. I waited and waited and waited for amber trichs my first grow. 12 weeks into flower it started to hermie on me. I grew the same strain under a mixed spectrum and got denser buds and some amber. A hps will amber the shit out of your buds.

Thats ine hell of a pretty fade on that plant too.

2. So the plant was chopped on Tuesday, it was hung up and dried for three days and then put in brown paper bags. I weighed it after the hang dry, 45 grams of nugs. I was hoping for a bit more, but had to hand off everything to a friend and didn't want to stick him with all the work of harvesting. I didn't weigh the trim but made some pretty dank butter with it. I was high as fuck flying on planes this weekend. I still have two plants that are in week 5 of flower. They are very well trained and I think they can each produce an ounce. I won't be updating this thread for two months, put I'll have to tell y'all how that goes. Another friend will be seeing these plants through harvest, I hope he doesn't fuck it up!I think my next grow will be in a tent with some LEDs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. What size is your pc case? Looks like a larger server case to me. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. The case is 20.5" tall 17.75" long and 8" wide, this close to a full tower ATX case.  I think server cases are even larger.

5. #145 RouxJr, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    @[member="sartrewasright"] Hi mate, can yo give any details as to the method you used for your carbon filter?

I have a similar size PC case and like the look of what you've done. It doesn't look to take up too much of the internal space.

Have you built a frame to house the fan a few inches into the case and then just filled the gap between fan and case with the filter?
    Did you use active carbon or carbon filters meant for a different application?

6. I took 1/4" foam board and made 4 walls around a 140mm fan. I used tape and some small nails to hold the frame together. I then placed a metal window screen on top of the fan and taped it to the walls. Then I put a 1/2" of activated charcoal pellets on that. Then another screen to hold all the carbon in. I would recommend putting some bars across the face of the final screen, the screens have a tendency to bulge out leaving a gap at the top. On my next run I'm thinking of having the filter be external. Late in flower the top of the case becomes prime real-estate for those buds. I would post pictures if I had taken any.

7. Damn! Very nice work man. Gets me excited because I just got a free antec server case off of craigslist I'm gonna start. I am amazed that you got over 2zips outta that. Bravo sir, bravo. You give me hope

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. very nice man, im wait for your update :)

9. Excellent grow mate, can't wait to start mine now.

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398056262.916876.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398056362.529491.jpg

The case lives on with some purple diesel in week 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I never really read this forum because I find it doesn't wet my appetite usually, Well today i've had a flick through and I must say this is REALLY impressive!

Mad that you managed to crop and re-veg that plant, I can see you don't quite get the density from the CF lights but hey, It's not exactly a commercial cash crop is it?

Very very cool... One thing I don't understand though is why don't you use some different genetics? 100+ days to flower doesn't sound ideal.. But As we saw at the start of the thread when you had to pull that beautiful plant because it was male.. You obviously have the patience of a saint  :laughing:

Good work man.

12. I never really read this forum because I find it doesn't wet my appetite usually, Well today i've had a flick through and I must say this is REALLY impressive!

Mad that you managed to crop and re-veg that plant, I can see you don't quite get the density from the CF lights but hey, It's not exactly a commercial cash crop is it?

Very very cool... One thing I don't understand though is why don't you use some different genetics? 100+ days to flower doesn't sound ideal.. But As we saw at the start of the thread when you had to pull that beautiful plant because it was male.. You obviously have the patience of a saint  :laughing:

Good work man.