MM's perpetual 3x3 400w dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by meowmicks, Feb 22, 2013.

1. K, gonna add a lil bit of boost and bloom to the OG and CL.
    Bagseed is gonna get just some awesome blossoms cuz i'm still trying to get it to use stored N.

2. PH is back down again...
    Adjusted all to 6.1 last night when i added nutes.
    Cum laude is at 5.7
    bagseed is 5.6
    OG is 5.4

I dunno whats goin on...

3. So get me up to speed with everything so I can get an idea of what I'm dealing with here....
    Also need pics without the HPS light on, if you're running MH, that's cool, but still like to see them with just the flash...

Day Temp:
    Nite Temp:
    Day/Nite RH:
    Nutrient Temp(s):

What stage is the plants in now??
    What nutrient is being used and exactly what ratio is being mixed into how much water???
    Is RO water being used??

If there is different systems being used, list the system, what's being used, then the pH/TDS/Temp level of that system..
    I'm assuming it's all DWC, but are some bubble buckets and some totes???
    What has the header tank(s) hooked to, buckets or totes??

And lastly, how fast is the pH dropping, then how often are you checking the pH (every 24hrs??)???

:wave:

4. welcome to the party. :)

Day temp: 77-81*
    Night temp 66-68*
    Day humidity: 36-38%
    Night humidity: 38-42%
    Res temps 67-69*f

Unknown bagseed day 51 of 12/12
    10g dwc tote with two 4" round airstones.
    7.5ml/gal BC bloom
    1.5ml/gal Awesome Blossoms
    2.5ml/gal Magical
    9ml/gal Sugar Daddy
    added 5ml of awesome blossoms and 15ml of bloom yesterday.
    5.4ph 923ppm 67.4*f temp (PH dropped .5 in 16hrs)

Blue OG day 29 12/12
    5g bucket single 4" airstone
    B.C Boost – 10 ml/gal
    B.C Bloom – 10 ml/gal
    Awesome Blossoms – 1.5 ml/gal
    MagiCal – 2ml/gal
    SugarDaddy – 10ml/gal
    added 20ml both BC boost BC boost, and 5ml awesome blossoms.
    5.4ph 697ppm 68*f (PH dropped .5 in 16 hours.

Cum Laude day 28 12/12
    5gal bucket single 4" round airstone
    B.C Boost – 10 ml/gal
    B.C Bloom – 10 ml/gal
    Awesome Blossoms – 1.5 ml/gal
    MagiCal – 2ml/gal
    SugarDaddy – 10ml/gal
    added 40ml both BC bloom and BC boost and 10ml awesome blossoms
    5.7ph 900ppm 67.5*f (ph dropped .2 in 16 hours)

I check the ph, ppm, and water temp at least 3-4 times in a 24 hour period. Lately i've been allowing it to swing down to 5.5 then raising it back up to 6.0

I'll get some lights off pics tomorrow as i run my light cycle at night to help with temps.

5. No need for pics, as I can only imagine what they look like with that kind of pH drop... ;)
    I would like to see the roots though with just the flash if that is possible....

OK so you're running the Recipe for Success :D
    Technaflora does not use any biologicals and they expect the end user to keep a clean ship...
    So I'm thinking you have a bacteria issue (or problem with a drop that fast)...

Couple ways you can approach this...
    I first want to confirm that you are or are Not using RO water and if Not, what is the starting ppm/pH of your water...
    If it's a simple microbe bacteria ya should be back on track within a week, depending on how bad it is.........

How long ago did all this start????
    And I bet it started in one bucket or tote, then the others started.....
    Right??? :D

6. I am using RO, forgot to mention that sorry.
    It tests 002ppm and 6.2 ph.
    My tap is 130ppm and 5.1ph

It started a couple weeks ago, everything was pretty steady before that point. Now that you mention it, I think i did notice it in 1 bucket 1st then the others followed...

7. Sterilize bucks between swaps can help not to mention the every couple swaps using a tspn of hydrogen peroxide..bubble stone water and h2o2 for bout an hour prior to putting the net/lid into fresh bucket of newt soup..

8. Just a quick heads-up... you may want to be prepared to substantiate your reasoning for using h2o2 when JJ reads that.

9. Jeez.he didn't...27 posts...no imo..i'm in the bunker already hatches battened down..lol

10. #50 4grog2scrog0, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    What's wrong with hydper cleaning root mass every few dwc bucket swaps? Primarily for sickly plants..Collective learning attempt..

And forget the post count clown shoes, forum folks seem to be so focused on the online persona forgetting the plethora of forums out that unfortunately don't transfer reps..sad days for those plugged into the matrix non-stop...Boom-post 29..beats a thousand saying useless repeated nuances and thumbs up

11. Im not knowledgeable enough yet to speak to the specifics, but I know I have seen more than one person make similar comments only to then get their learnin' on with Jakester.

And fwiw:
    Im with ya on the post-count stuff. Plenty of dudes on here with tons of knowledge and not a high post-count.

12. Ya, what you did was get a bacteria buildup in one site, then transferred it to the others using the meters as a transport...

So a couple things you will need to get this stable again....
    You'll need a small bag of Pool Shock (the brand you want is "In The Sun"), and some enzymes...
    Here is a link to an image of the packaging...

To prevent future outbreaks I'd suggesting some beneficial microbes in your following grows....
    But this grow you're going to have to finish with running a sterile environment...

So you want to take the pool shock, mix 1 gram per gallon of water...
    The 5gal bubble sites are 3gal....

The way I do it, take a gallon jug fill 1/4 way with hot water, mix in the shock (3 grams for a bubble bucket), shake, and fill the rest of the jug with cold, then shake again....

So first do a flush with plain tap water and I like to run the water through the hydroton (from top down)..
    I'll fush until the bucket is filled, then dump that out, then put 2gal of water in the bucket, and dump in the gallon of shock..

Then run the pool shock for about an hour in each site...
    Then dump and flush again, this time you want to flush until the site is full, empty it, and then do it again...
    In your case, maybe do this last flushing 3 times just to be safe, if you have the time and it's not too hard to do...

Then you're going to mix in your nutrient the way you've been doing...
    Mix up another gallon of pool shock and use 5mL per gallon of nutrient and dump that in, and then pH the site...

Then we're going to watch the pH over the next couple days....
    Now the enzymes, IMPO Sensizym is the best on the market, then Cannazym, but Hygrozyme works well as also....
    So I suggest Hygrozyme, which is what I use in my ebb&gro systems, and just use as directed on the bottle....
    I use 8mL per gal....

What the enzymes do is breakdown the dead root tissue into a usable form and thus removes the bacteria's food source..
    So you're taking away their food and making a harsh environment so they cannot colonize....

Remember that bacteria is like ANY other species on this planet....
    When food is plentiful a shit load of breeding is going on, but when food is scarce, and life hard, different story... LOL

Nothing wrong "hydper cleaning" as you call it, but I'd prefer not to use poison on my herbal medication....

Let me ask you this.......
    What does a water treatment plant use to disinfect water?????
    Not H2O2....

What does EVERY emergency drinking water treatment plan suggest using to treat water so you can drink it?? :confused_2:
    Not H2O2....... ;)

Yes H2O2 does in fact disinfect water....
    Yes it was used for years in hydroponics, and YES it's suggested in some of them retarded books noobs like to refer to.....

Plain and simple, it's an oxidizer, and due to its oxidizing properties, hydrogen peroxide is often used as a bleach or cleaning agent.
    And why you cannot DRINK H2O2.....

But if you're happy using it, knock yourself out, I'm not smoking your meds... lol

13. Ya CD you right about post count it is pre judging...but i always use in my opinion..imo..in giving Rx's unless i'm absoutely positively sure about it ..i also don't consider i know enough..but i have witnessed epic erruptions about the subject...JJ is in good mood today..it safe to come out.. it's my time to ''waste'' should i choose i lived long enough to earn the right these days..if i choose to help where i can i don't consider it a waste of time nor should you ..it's not your time but mine

14. Naaaaa, I really could careless unless I'm going to be smoking the herbs...
    I mean shit, we've used growth regulators for YEARS only to find out they cause Cancer.... :eek:

The shit STILL being sold and used by unknowing growers daily....
    Thus why I grow my own meds so I'm not smoking someone's shit that causes cancer, not cure it... LMFAO

Also why I been shutting down on the forums here....
    It's just not worth it cause I been growing 20+ years without GrassCity and guess what..........
    I'll be growing 20+ more yrs after too... :D

15. I hear ya on the farmin without forums past and future..I was raised an outdoor slave but have stumbled upon this magical bub method while synth'n demetry, canni is fun to play with and many thanks for the info albeit I should have researched the technical specifics..my justification for using possible carcinogens is simple..cell phone, cigerettes, the satilites that I accidently walk passed while out n about slaying this globe..I'm surprised takin a shyt isn't some how linked to cancer at this point..the threat isn't very direct so I continue pushin the envelope and adjusting direction whenever clear and concise guidance is discovered..perhaps SWIM shall change the method of flush and root cleaning..IMHO the 14 year old shit head with a pkm is my primary focus and concern..not scared of chemo, ya can't jus cough and change the product when its 762 screamin atcha..joose by cheers

16. #56 jakesterjammin, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    Ya, everything is killing us, but the things which I clearly identify harmful and I do value my life, so it's only a natural reaction to avoid such things which tend to trigger cancer cells to reproduce....

Because let's face it, WE ALL HAVE CANCER, it's just how our bodies deal with the cells...
    Well after seeing many friends go through chemotherapy only to suffer then die, I tend to really look at what I use..

If you really think about it, does ANY ONE OF THEM COMPANIES CARE ABOUT YOU OR ME????
    No, just our money, so IMPHO if they can lie, sell us poison, and get our money, do you think they would????

I do not want to take the chance to have something so fucking simple to trigger cancer cells in my body...
    Then knowing and seeing first hand what the treatment is, nooooooooooo, I want to avoid all dat shit.... ;)

Some may not care and or simply know but do not care.....
    God Speed to them.... :wave:

17. Hell ya man, concur, thx for addin to my bag tricks

18. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:poke:

:bolt:

19. Pics coming in a little bit, can't attach from my phone :(

Do you know if the pool time shock will work?
    I'm gonna look for the in the swim stuff but just in case I can't find it local.

20. Sorry i couldn't help more meow i sincerely hope i didn't confuse the situation