MM's perpetual 3x3 400w dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by meowmicks, Feb 22, 2013.

1. good numbers on the nutes..see you made it thru JJ's reload..hope you took notes to refer to it can be confusing trying to rember why you're doing what you're doing..lol

2. #22 meowmicks, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
    Dr. M i did take some notes, there were a few things that were beyond my range of knowledge, but i learned plenty of things and am returning to the basics.
    Ideal and stable environment is my main priority now.
    Have been able to raise the RH to around 36-38% day and it will rise to 43-45% at night.

I know it hasnt been long but i tested PH and PPM again, PPM has dropped slighlty and PH has gone up .1

Its my understanding that this means the plants are eating nutes again. Not sure if i should wait till tomorrow to add more nutes or do it now.
    Was going to add 5ml per gal of Awesome blossoms (2-11-11)
    Also i found some Myco Madness that i forgot about, would this have any benefit to the plants at this point? 2 OG clones are being vegged right now, should i use the Myco Madness on those?
    Can anyone advise?

3. I have no idea whats going on....
    Just checked numbers again.
    bagseed: 5.4ph 703ppm 67*f (ppm on the rise?
    OG: 5.1ph 473ppm 67.3*f
    CL: 5.3ph 623ppm 67.2*f

PH has dropped considerably in 12 hours, almost .3 on all plants.

4. How long do you let the solution settle before taking readings? That is, after you add nutes and or ph up/down.

Second, when was the last time you calibrated your meter?

5. I usually let the mix settle for an hour to make sure the numbers are steady. I had taken readings last night 3-4 hours after the res changes. The numbers I posted are the changes from then.
    Calibrated the meter last night, will double check it.

Maybe I didn't flush long enough?

6. CD more than 50 pt shift in ppms i'd say maybe overnuted but that isn't the case..good point on the meter calibration..meow you gotta be a little more patient imo with your plnts on the nutes..a little at a time as they tell you what they want...if you read all of jj's reload you're probally on info overload..i was so don't freak about it..recalibrate meters before you doing anything ( think i'll calibrate mine too..lol)

7. What were your flush numbers after 24hrs before you readded nutes?

8. Its just really strange to see ph drop. Usually it will rise if the plant is unhappy... not drop. Thats what led me towards a calibration or not enough time to settle possibility, but that seems like its not the case.

9. I'm checking my jj notes..''ph lower than 5.6 can cause cal-mag lockout- see signs of that raise ph to 5.8-6.0'' also '' raising ppms helps stabilize ph''....i personally using that info would have flushed couple of days and then added low nutes watched the ph swing and then add addback nutes to balance ph between 5.8-6.0 bringing it back up with no N over couple of days

10. CD i'm watching all the pre race hoopla..what BS i flipped channels looking for a hockey game..lol!!

11. I did notice the cal-mag lockout on the OG, didnt hit the cum laude tho :)

Flush numbers are:
    bagseed started @ 25ppm, went up to 35ppm then back down to 31 when i added the nutes.
    OG started at 7ppm dropped to 6ppm, never went up.
    CL started at 8ppm dropped to 6 ppm never went up.

The PH drop has been happening for a couple weeks now, my PH never really goes up, it usually drops. Before that it was pretty rock solid.

12. any sign of root rot..smells ?

13. Nope, just smells kinda earthy. I'll snap a shot of the roots right quick.
    Gonna season my new Ti nail 1st.

14. earthy? did you use rock wool cubes or dirt jiffy starter cubes orginally i don't rember ?

15. Rockwool cubes to start

16. Me ow i don't know what to think..on another thread Hortila had a similar problem but he had a 5'' cube causing a inbalance ..i think you might need to run this past JJ

17. #37 meowmicks, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
    I can't believe i overlooked this...
    Tested all the plants again, Tent temp 77* RH36%
    Bagseed: 5.4ph 698ppm 66*f water temp
    OG: 5.3ph 473ppm 67.0*f water temp
    CL: 5.5ph 622ppm 66*f water temp

I had gone in the tent and added some ph up to the CL and OG a few hours ago i just didnt test it then.
    After adjusting the PH on all to 6.0 i rested PPM.
    bag:737ppm
    OG:473ppm
    CL:645ppm

So i believe they are eating, the PH up i keep having to add is keping the ppm numbers up.
    Does this make sense?

Still doesnt explain why the PH keeps going down either. :(
    Just got my bottle of GH ph up which i used this time. I was using flora hydro ph up before.

*edit*
    my roots do look kinda dark, but theres no slime at all, they feel healthy. (to me at least)
    Started them in 1" RW cubes, but thats non-existant now, the stem on this plant (i call it a knuckle) it massive, it destroyed my netpot and i keep plucking hydroton out of the res lol.
    I'm reading Hortila's journal now, havent got to that part yet. :smoking:

18. i think you may have to raise the ppms to stabilize the ph...this is when you need to add addback rather than ph up imo

19. Should i try adding just awesome blossoms?

20. ideally you want to add more of nutes you're using currently..idk about using bloom unless you're flowering ..if you are sure add a little ..see if it'll balance