My OPINION and LOGIC towards Gun Laws and Mass Shootings in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MakaveliArts, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Im not worried about that happening today, its tomorrow that scares me.

Fyi by tomorrow I mean future.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. fallacy.

Are hou saying that we shouldnt be aklowed to defend ourself just because there is no chance anyway?

Someone needs to read some history.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Registering firearms won't necessarily lead to confiscation.  Our entire system could collapse and then any government, any gun registry won't matter.  If I was going to make predictions, I would guess we'll need to guns in the anarchist state that will follow a collapse, not to defend ourselves against a very weak government if it even exists after a collapse.  I do understand your overall point though, and it is one of the reasons I will always support the right to own firearms.  I think people should earn this right though.

Tomorrow scares me too.  And I don't think owning a few powerful guns with high magazine capacities will make it that much easier/better.  Can't hurt though, I'll give you that.

Which fallacy would that be yuri?  Don't call "fallacy" if you don't know which one it is.  Please enlighten us. 

He wasn't saying that we shouldn't be allowed to defend ourselves.  You are just reading that into his post.

That someone may be you.  You should never come off in any superior manner on here, we all know how silly it looks when you come across this way.  The vast majority of the time you have no clue what you are talking about. 

4. I think you should work on your critical thinking and reading skills.

Your response is just silly.

The word "fallacy" just means error in logic. It doesnt need to be one of the proper fallacies

5. Oxymoron there, you don't "earn"a right, then it's a privilege, and can be taken away. Our rights belong to us, not the government, therefore, they cannot be taken away.

6. They tell us its a right but truly it is a privilege as they do take it away. In the second amendment I missed the part that says "only for non felons".

IMO it should only apply to violent felons not just felons in general.

7. Great response.  Perhaps you could add something more than simply dismissing someone's post like it's beneath you.  That's the tactics of someone who is out of their element.  

I know what a fallacy is.  However, as I pointed out there was no fallacy...no "error in logic," hence why I claimed for you to name the fallacy.  Of course you conveniently ignored that as I suspected.

Of course it's a privilege.  A "right" is a fictitious concept.  I was using the word with this concept in mind.  We use it to describe things we believe mankind deserves, things that we tread lightly upon. 

8. Your opinion.doesnt matter. The rite so self.defense is absolute.

And when its taken away, people.rebel

100% of the time i. History

9. Keep.trying

10. The right to bear arms and the right to self defense are two separate things. History also shows you to be wrong. IE Hitler and Jews, and the one tiny uprising where the Germans leveled an entire ghetto to kill a few rebels doesn't count as the Jewish people as a whole. I also think Saudia Arabia and how it treats women is another example of people who are not allowed to defend themselves and have not revolted.And in the eyes of the law you don't always have the right to defend yourself(depending the state and county). In schools kids don't have the right to defend themselves with out fear of reprimand. Do you need more examples of how your blanket statement is wrong?

You know you come off as a dick when you start your post by telling me my opinion doesn't matter. It matters to me, so in a sense it does matter, just not in the grand scheme of things. But if we are talking about the grand scheme then non of our opinions matter.

11. [​IMG]

12. I would rep this post because of it being Dave Grohl

But the new shitty format prevents me from doing so.

I love me some Dave Grohl too.