Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College guide: tips tricks & useful info

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by UFO L Ride, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Is there like a curfew or anything. And are frats really all tools and shit tho, cuz if frats throw down every week i would wanna live in a frat house, as lon as its not all deuchy

2. becareful in the dorms! im a freshman in college and i got busted smoking weed the second night i got here! before classes even started haha, but its cool man just try to have fun, get good grades, and dont be dumb about your marijuana smoking utensils! and invest in a smoke buddy!

3. What are are the rules for dorms that typically suck

4. Well i plan on going to college in colorado. Where ill be getting a med card and its legal there too. Will i still have to observe these rules?

5. why not look it up at your college's website? unless anyone here goes there it's not really known

6. Good point

7. General Tips:

- Go to all your classes. This isn't high school anymore, you pretty much just have to go, sit there and maybe take notes, then leave, especially since you're a freshman and will likely be taking all lecture classes.

- Find people who have taken the class before and find out if you really need to buy the textbook. College text books are expensive as hell and if you can afford not to get one you should at least consider the option.

- Do your work, get good grades on little things like online quizzes and homework assignments. These add up at the end of the semester.

- If you feel like you're gonna do bad in a class, participate. Professors notice who is participating and they have way more control over your grade than teachers do in high school. If a professor likes you, it can dramatically help your grade.

- Talk to a lot of people during the first few days (and then on afterwards). It might be weird since no one really knows each other, but remember that everyone feels the same way. You're gonna meet some kids that suck, but its worth it to meet the kids who don't.

- I noticed you asked about frats, I'm personally in a frat and I love it. Dont just join one for the hell of it though, find one with people that you like to hang out with. And its not for everybody, so dont feel like you have to join one.

alright

now some smoking tips:

- Dont smoke in your dorm room. Smoking on campus is very possible, but your dorm room isnt the place to do it since the hallway is likely right outside your door.

- Make friends with someone who has a place off campus and smokes, then you can smoke there in peace.

- Find spots off the edge of campus (in the woods, etc) where you can blaze.

- You'll no doubt meet other stoners during your first few days, talk to them about where they smoke/where they've heard of anyone getting caught. Keep these things in mind.

- Buy a cigarette style one hitter, and smoke it somewhere on campus with low traffic. People smoke cigarettes like crazy on college campuses, you wont stand out.

- Dont bring weed anywhere you dont have to, like to class. Its pointless and has not possible positive result, only neutral or negative.

- It'll probably take you a while to find a guy with the real dank, dont get discouraged. And dont pay to much for bud that you know isnt worth it (unless you find out that prices where you are at school arent the same as where you live at home).

- Feel out your RA early on. A lot of RAs are chill, and a lot arent. Figure it out early on and act accordingly. If you have a really strict RA then keeping really smelly weed in your room might not be the best idea. Also, mason jars are a must have to keep smell under control.

Hope this helps!

8. #28 UFO L Ride, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    Exact kind of advice i was looking for. Already have a cig one hitter and i 100% appreciate their convenience for smoking in public.

And wtf are RAs?

And BTW i am trying to go to either U of colorado denver or U of colorado boulder pending on which on one is more chill.

9. i might be going to boulder next fall semester, but I'm from wisconsin so its like 45,000 a year :( still affordable id rather go to madison and get a better degree... anyways dude just apply same rules now to college.. no shady deals no shady people, get work done before you get high, sorry i said pretty much what everyone else said

10. Yeah i live in Philadelphia so it will cost the same for me. But its acceptance rate is like 89%

11. Resident Advisors. Theyre other students that run the dorm pretty much, they have the power to get you in trouble for shit.

12. buy a decent cheap vape

13. So snitches is basically what youre saying

14. Naw they're not snitches, most of them are pretty chill. They just make sure everything runs smoothly, kinda like camp counselors or something. My advice to you is just be smart about it. I go to the biggest university in the country, they will bust you if you're being stupid about it. Make a buddy that has a car, me and my roommate freshman year would hot box the shit out of my truck. Also move off campus as soon as you can, dorm life is cool for the first 4 months but then it gets old fast. I moved into a house with a couple of my buddies and its way more fun; easier to smoke and we throw fat house parties.

15. I go to asu also and I couldn't agree more with your post. Exactly what I did, got a house and got the fuck off campus.

16. Yeah im going to rent a small apartment so i can blaze and party

17. well you cant have weed obviously. and here if they smell weed they are supposed to call campus police immediatly, i have since been written up twice but found not guilty on both so i guess the system works :hello:

18. Well im going to UC boulder and its legal in colorado plus i plan on coppin up on a med card just in case

19. I got lucky my freshman year of college my ra didn't give a fuck and I used to sell him bud. We also had apartment style and I would just take snaps from my roor all the time in my dorm. Its hard to do that and do well in school though, just actually go to class. As long as you go youll pass. I used to go to maybe 1 or 2 classes a week and ended up with a 0.4 GPA first semester. Just don't do what I did and youll be fine.

20. I plan on going. Lectures dont seem too bad. But thats chillin with your RA