Dry herb vaporizer pen recommendations?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Trout23, Feb 18, 2013.

1. How you like it for herb, I hear it's more of an electronic cig as opposed to a proper vaporizer.

2. Google "Vapor Cone Elite"

3. Hey there, have you used the G5 yet?

4. Yeah....I don't care for it.... I don't think it vapes my bud like it should. When I tried to use it,I would just end up grabbing my pipe cuz it didn't seem to be working right. Maybe it's my battery or maybe my bud was too stickey (idk if thats even matters) :confused_2: but I'm gonna try it again tomorrow hopefully I'll have better results.

5. Ago Herbal Vaporizer is the same as the Atmos pen but way cheaper. It's the same damn thing.

6. Another good on is Dab Stick Wax/Oil Pen

7. Da Vinci is a great vape! Ill be getting in the new Ascent to review very soon sent straight from Da Vinci. I also have a Vapor Cone Elite on the way. I know it isnt a "vape". I realize its more of an electric pen pipe, but thats what I want. Some days I do want to vape but I feel full combustion releases all the cannabinoids that I need and its hard to roll joints some days with TS

8. #28 flotntoke, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    MFLB is hard to beat for a portable. Isn't a pen, but is small & can be very discrete. Has a bit of a learning curve, but not to hard to figure out. IMO the only issue with it is dealing with batteries, but you're gonna be there with a pen anyway.

EDIT: It's $120 all over the place, but you can get some nice extras depending on where you buy it.

9. #29 lwien, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    delete....

10. If I wanted an MFLB, I would've bought one but the batteries are annoying. My Vapor Cone Elite arrived! Had it for a week, loved it up until yesterday when the element stopped working. I know they say the elements are a consumable item but it should last more than a week :/ I accept it doesn't "Vape" but is great as a butane free pipe and a travel one hitter

11. #31 Rezerg, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013

Also had my VCE do the same thing. Luckily the company off eBay didn't want any negative ratings and sent me a new one plus will replace anything that goes wrong with it in the future. They even reimbursed my shipping the broken piece back.

Now then, it doesn't vape herb without burning it too. The inside just doesn't get hot enough before it starts to burn. If you can find a large enou glass screen, I think you may be able to get it to vape. The other good thing is that its a 510 thread and is interchangeable with other heating elements n such. I got 5 smaller chambers off eBay that my glass screens fit very well into. The heating element heats the glass slower and the herb sits on the glass and you'll get some vapor, but gotta be careful not to heat the glass too long since it can also burn it. I made the transition to bho mostly. A small chunk and it vapes the hell out of it. If you want strictly a portable handheld vape that will give you clouds, then look at the vaporblunt 2.0 . Little bigger than a pen, does oils and wax too. Charge on my battery last a little over two hours of vamping depending on how high i need to adjust the temp to.

Only bad part is its 150 bucks. If you do get it, I suggest buying some elbow screens that are made for the extreme q. The screen that comes with the blunt sucked. Also the eternal stir tool that's in it will tear your screen if its screwed in snugly. Gotta un screw it a little so it doesn't scrape the screen.

Mflb is great IMO. With the battery in, it sits in my hand without anyone able to see.

Update. Just did an experiment with the glass screen and one of my small chamber cheap pen vapes. The chamber is steel so it heats up all around and it's small so less heating time. I was able to get about three hits of good vapor cloud before it ran out. Only bad thing was there was still unused herb and I had to heat the pen up for about 20 sec by repeatedly holding the button down. So it is possible to get vapor out of a normal small wax pen. Just not for more than a few hits from a pinch. The VCE has a ceramic surrounding but still uses a coil so if anything touches the coil, it's gonna burn. Pens are best used for bho IMO until they stop putting the coil where it touches herb and heats only a ceramic piece to vape herb. Or maybe a small round piece of stainless steel mesh screen on top of it might do it better. Would have to be touching the coil though and coils are fragile.

12. How about the Kanger HV?

13. #33 okhans, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    I recommend you to get VAPORMAX AGO G5 dry herb vaporizer with glass globe attachment so you can use it for herb/wax/oil concentrates. I bought mine from www.epuffstore.com they offer pretty good price and warranty which i like  

14. Anyone tried the T-vape? Looks very interesting, close to the atmos but no contact between heating element and product.

15. In that price range I would save up for something a little bit better.  In most cases that I see, people buy a cheap portable vape and either stop vaping because it didn't live up to their expectations, or they end up spending more money anyway because they didn't like it.

How discrete do you need it to be? The Arizer Solo for $160 is the best deal you are going to find when it comes to portable, but it is a bit bulkier.  The DaVinci is always a great one too and they just released a newer vape so it shouldn't be too hard to find one for just a little bit over your price range.  If neither one of those seem appealing to you then I would just advise you to save up a bit because IMO those are the only two worth your money under a $200 price tag.

16. Vape pens are designed for concentrates............not flowers.

17. I know you are looking for a dry bud attachment for a pen vape. I have seen a couple of them, but did not see any reviews on them. I didn't save the site links either, because I don't smoke or vape bud. I don't want the red oil and all the other crap. If I did vape buds though, and was looking for a portable vaporizer, I would consider the Firewood Vape. I can't say that I have tried one. I did see a couple of newbies to it give reviews. They said that they would recommend it. It does look cool too. Reminds me of an old school dug out. I have a few of those put away (dug outs).

View attachment 125692

18. MFLB is probably your best bet. Can probably get them for around $100 online.
    I have one and am happy with it :)

19. Check out the pax vaporizer. That is going to be our next purchase this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

20. Have you checked out Encore Herbs and Oil Vaporizer?

I'm definitely getting one.

I found it locally for $130 but online for $90.

Comes with a lifetime guarantee which is super sweet.

It's a must check out.

MOBiker