Sand and soil, cheap feed experiment!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by samyboombamy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. itll be fine I bet, prob looks fucked man, but wait till tomorrow, worse case the top from where its broke will die, itll grow more lol..

2. It didn't break full, it's creesed and bent, but it's to close to my light I think, bloody hell! But thanks for the piece of mind dude. Are you on ps3?

3. nah, creased and bent means itll be standing up tomorrow, snapped stem, sometimes the same, but usually will just die off..

4. Thanks racer, your my guy in the know now!

5. Well I just went back in to take a picture, like 1 hour after, and I can't even see we're I bent her over! I thank ridge race for his posterity !

6. The light shines, for all to see....

7. 2 weeks in flower

Attached Files:

8. Well I ended up cutting my top leader off in flower, scary stuff, but she seems fine now, I'll get some pictures up today, and I'll also go into my nutes a bit more, cheers

9. Well here we are, week 3. Still no nutes but adding today some Buddhas tree, pk 8-19. Can't wait, sand and soil is a slow way to grow tho guys.. Sssssslllllllloooooooowwwwwww!

Attached Files:

10. Ohhhh found my veg photos,, yeah baby!

Attached Files:

11. Soak Kelp Meal in water (not kelp extract or liquid kelp but Kelp Meal) for 3/4/5 days at a quarter cup per gallon, stirring occasionally.

Kelp meal is a complete nutrient, meaning it has a complete mineral/elemental profile. Your plants will simply use what they want out of the minerals profile. This is perfect for all phases of growth.

Good luck.

J

12. Super, thanks j, I'll look into that one, just had a baby girl so rushed off my feet!

13. Congratulations!I sincerely mean it; we have 3 girls so I know what you're up against...*lol*

I dont personally use any bottled nutrients in my gardens. I add everything needed directly into the soil in the form of dry organic amendments and once its sat for awhile the soil microbes have had a chance to turn them into usable plant food. It works very well.

Anyhow, if and when I do need any kind of a boost I simply make my own liquid fertilizers from an assortment of organic items, and kelp meal is at the very top of the list. I would also highly suggest seeing if you can come up with some good quality worm castings or some (good quality, again) compost. Take some and really shake the hell out of it in some water and then water them in, leaving a thin topdressing of the castings and/or compost on top of your soil. The bacteria/microbes in these humus products will help break down your already existing fertilizers and organic matter in your soil into forms that your plants can use as plant food. Chances are your soil already has quite a bit of good stuff in it; what you're doing here is making it available to your plants.

see ya -

j

14. Yeah it's a crazy time, I used a home made compost form my mothers, been there for years, then blood and bone as a slow relies feed..but I'm a sucker for not wanting to ruin a good thing.
    Thanks j

15. I used a 7 year old compost, and pond water, then blood and fish bone mix. Love the stuff. I hate adding concentrate liquid as it so easy to bugger up. People can rant and rave about ghe an oc gh, but I like mud, and natural feeds, lol accept the Buddha tree? Not tried it yet.
    Cheers j

16. Added pk 8-19. 3weeks. And 4 days, I'm happy with this so far, but could be better. Much love!

Attached Files:

17. hey man, if you are referring to bud density that could be better? look on the bright side! people all over the world grow plants for their leaf- it would be crazy to grow them if you don't find it's leaf appealing. and you have some really nice leaves there! right on. I am sure they will bulk up for you in the next weeks before you think about harvest. And, if you find the kelp it's probably one of the better "bloom boosting" tea's/top-dressings for your plant. If you can find some whole barley seed and germinate it, the sprouts can be diced and mixed with water for a super potent bloom booster! cant's go wrong with it and I picked up 1/4 oz's each of 3 different types of barley. only cost a few bucks and BANG. Barley sprout tea is probably the best and easiest "home made nutrient". IMHO....

18. Sweet, no I'm referring to my heat problems, in the 99s. But yer I love the way they gow, hence bag seed. You never know whats going to blossom. Just wish I lived in a better place for some out door action. Cheers for the advice sounds interesting, I'll have a go! Cheers!

19. yes,but you want to look for whole barley seed, not hulled barley. The difference is that hulled barley will germinate, but it will not sprout because the embryo is damaged during the processing when the hull is removed... once those first true leaves show, the whole barley sprouts are ready to be harvested... grow them separately from your cannabis as the seeds exude growth inhibitors while they germinate... you will see the sprouts dripping with juicy goodness for your plants, loaded with enzymes and nutrients your soil microbes will digest very quickly... pour the whole blended barley's onto your soil. the juices as well as green materials of the plant will feed your soil. For temperatures, I have considered aloe vera, if you want to look up "salicylic acid and heat stress in plants" SA is found in high levels in aloe vera and you would grind up the whole leaf and watter it in to your soil fresh, similar to the barley. this will boost SA levels in your plant, and probably heat resistance as well. Mix the kelp with the aloe and barley while watering for best effect. you only need a little bit of each to make it work perfect. just like anything it can be over-done. Cilantro is healthy but nobody eats 3 pounds in a sitting. Keep me posted on how it goes!