Cleaning my nail&dome rig...

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by illiphant, Feb 17, 2013.

1. How do you guys do it?
    There's a bunch of yellow errrl residue and I'm not interested in reclaiming. It's gotten to a point where I have to heat up the bottom of my dome so I can melt the residue to pull it off..

I've tried the regular bong-cleaning technique with kosher salt/iso alcohol/water, but it didn't do anything.

2. I usually use hot water for the inside of the piece and most if not all just washes out. You could try soaking it in some grunge off or orange chronic cleaner. In between uses use some iso and a cotton ball to keep the adapter and gong dome part clean so it doesn't get stuck. On the nail itself I personally wouldn't put any cleaner on it. Just leave it as is or burn off any extra.

3. Hot water to loosen the claim, then iso to eat it away.

4. I've been using a glass "Noodle" that a local Glass guy makes and they run about $7 and all it is is a tube of industry standard glass with an elbow on the end. I buy 2-3 a year and reclaim much reusable concentrate that used to sit on a skillet being burned off unfortunately.

When the glass get's brittle <about 5-6 months as I dab 3-5 grams a month> or charred remenants I toss it and pull out a new one. The genius thing is that the elbow is a great catch point for collection later when you get a good build up. The place is in Taylor, MI called aptly "Puff Danny's".

Anyone else ever used such a tool? I just heat the tip of the noodle and dab til' my pains gone ;)

5. When the glass gets brittle? The glass gets brittle when you use it often? Im not really down to throw out any of my rigs and to buy a new one every 6 months.

6. I just cleaned mine and it was dirty and caked up bad all you need is 91% rubbing alcohol, I got mine from Walgreens and it literally comes right off and on the more stubborn parts let it soak for a couple hours and you will have a brand new rig.

7. Being new to this world I went with what the people at a dispensery ... that being said I've tried skillets on a Steam Roller, G-Pen and a few similar products. I've been dab'n for a bit shy of 2 years and aside from it looking like a crack pipe at first glance it's light weight for some crippled hands and easily fits in a small case. As for the glass getting brittle it's a price I must pay because of the environment I live in is realativly hostile towards my "Green" solution to pain managment.