Would you recommend Autopots?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fred_light, Oct 6, 2006.

1. th first time i used aN AUTO POT I WAS AMAZDED I BOUGHT ANOTHER 3 SINCE

2. The root ball dont sit in water and get soaked they get dry periods that mimic nature they are a clever bit of kit i suggest get one then as many as you want

3. Does any body know if you can use smaller pots in them or have the pots got to be same size as tray

4. Does anybody know if you can use smaller pots in these systems 15 litre pots is alot of medium

5. id like to think that autopots are not better than a manual or hydro... i say this as i myself had used autopots for about 6 years, and i can tell u i had my fair share of problems.. if ur only just gettin into auto pots u may not get them just yet..

for one, i find that the stagnent water over a couple cycles starts goin all horrible looking, and as often as u would clean em, including hit bleach soaks, they still mess up.

in reality, its a LAZY MANs ideal way to grow. if u dont have the time or option of being around ur girls daily, then u will be happy with this. it does give u the good yields, but DOES get bloakage, indiviual parts Fukkin up, and the accessories cost a bOMB!

sometimes, the water in the buck can almost go off, ans start humming of various repugnant smells, which may not be due to anearobic bacterias (excuse my spelling.. this DNA Sourkush is the PENGG) anyway, back to my point

not being around the girls..... and u can honestly go away for a week a time without even checking on them (if all variances are adequate) BUT,,,, experiance is also a GOLDEN VIRTUE NOT TO BE PASSED OFF EASILY WITH THESE SHITTY GIZMOs..

i say the word SHITTY, because in the goal to attain the HIGHEST MOST TASTIEST MOST OOWEE GOOWEEE buds... its DEFINETLY NOT THE AUTOPOT SYSTEM

see ur girls daily, feed em manually (soils... preferbly organic) sing songs to em, whatever, each plant, strain can even have different nute requirements, adjusting to size of the plant, or strain... so when u do a MULTI STRAIN HOOK UP with the Autopots, u WILL not get consistency..

and correct me if im wrong (not for the personal grower) ... u want the BEST results for optimum returns....

a word to the wise... lazy????? ............get autopots?

a flat out fanatic?, in the game for the ultimate goal to produce the ultimate strain? or best crystal ladened weed? DO IT YOURSELF ALL THE WAY!

ONELOVE, SMOKE ON and roll dis bitch
    triplebc666 (SWC Society)

DONT TAKE A HIT ON MY SHIT CUZ MY SHIT WILL HIT YOU BACK!

6. :hello: I am just starting with auto pots wot lighting is recommended for this system please..

7. What lights to use?

well homie, this all depends on what your intentions are.. if your looking to make a NICE smoke, and are on a budget, you can go as low as 2x 250w HPS..
    or 400, 600

NOW... if one is considering making (what we call a 'BOX' aka 1 kilo) then for the not so experianced grower.. u will be able to do this easily with 2x 600HPS, and

so, if your not on for making money then you can go with the small light option. to be honest, u can use anything you like, including T5s, CFLs or MHs, but id sooner go for the HPS all the way.. including VEG (my research shows NOTHING about MH (metal halides) ACTUALLY being any 'better' than a 24 hour HPS veg (250)

then other factors to consider are

HOW MANY POTS YOU LOOKING TO GROW,
    or what type of yields you looking to attain from your system.

if you give some more information, one can give the neccessary advice
    hope that answers your question dude.

BLESS

SWC

8. whats the latest on these?

anyone having much success? I hear they leave the medium too wet for Cannabis

9. Has anybody actually measured the ph of solution that lies inside the trays? I found that my ph rises in the trays but my rez stays consistent at 5.8. It must have something to do with the evaporation of water.

Anybody experienced this?