Whats best? HPS,MH,HID,LED,T5, or CFLs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PuffDaddy420, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totally get the splitting hairs friend, not my intentions, rather a ripple effect of skepticism..

Let me ask you, may I go into detail on another facet of growing, say nutrients? Or environmental factors? Would I then be selling nutes and environment?

I just dont understand.. Forgive me, and If Im stirring the mud, Ill take my leave, Ive been on this site for 5 years, did my first grow here and have since returned, perhaps a little more intelligible as a grower, just looking to spread good info, nothing more..

You say Im selling something, yet Ive nothing but ideas to sell, you can have them... I dont need them anymore friend, be safe on your journey and I know one day the light will guide you brother.

2. Ridge I took a lot of classes in college on logic and rhetoric and persuasion and communication and all, and man your posts are just like complex problems that bring all that stuff back to my mind.

Why the whole, "I'll be gone for good" and "I'm a numbers guy" and all that stuff? All meaningless statements with regard to the conclusion you are pushing toward. Why no actual evidence? When I read your posts, I see the things that suckers need to fear and so often get taken by. Your presentation alone acts as a deterrent to intelligent people. But if the lights don't work as good as hids then you'd kinda want the smart people to go away so you can get people to pay you 4x more than they should for a weed growing light who don't know any better and fall for this kind of brazen emotionally charged sales pitch which provides no proof of benefits just an impassioned plea and some outrageous promises.

Good luck man. I dunno why you don't just show it on a scale.

If you're not a predator, you gotta work on not seeming like one as much.

3. Last time some called me brother while shoveling horse shit was in a NA meeting.....you can see how well that stuck.

4. What is the logic in accusations of being a salesman with no proof.

Ive nothing to sell you. Try it, ask me, Ill tell you to get lost.. I dont understand.

A grower found a way to get more weight than any other grower on the internet, and not double, about 5 times as much.

Now, Im not the grower but Ive spoken with him and I can assure you there are key aspects of the grow not being revealed until he updates.

You can say Im all in with no proof, only my logic and the irrefutable math that supports it..

Im sorry if Im confusing folks, It really wasnt my intentions, no one here is being hostile, so for that Im grateful, but to be wrongfully accused of selling something?

Ive seen yields alot of guys would have to put in time for, this gentlemen, is going to rock the foundation of the grower community and its not the lights thats goin to do it, that is merely a constant in this grow, 2400w of actual power.. Nothing more..

There may be more light, but it costs nothing to generate, is free and comes with no heat.

You can expound on this with your own intellectual ideas, but know that Im not just saying this.

The induction lights are his choice because of par, and the shape that suits the room..

5. I view all of you as brothers, not because you are a grower, but your path in life is a struggle as is mine, and Im empathetic to that, I call you brother because you are.. I dont know you, but I want the best for you.. Sorry if bothers you, can I say bro?

6. Logic and irrefutable math?

Please check out "logic for dummies" and "how to lie with statistics". Great books on intro critical thinking.

I feel like you've been duped man. Everyone knows that the most intense light is HID. You got an unsupported claim that its not. Don't know how much simpler that can be.

7. #47 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    Youve made up your mind.

If you think a street light (hps and mh, never intended for plant growth initially) is the most "intense" light, I implore you to do some research. Plants cant see lumens...

A 1k hps is only good for 450w of actual par wattage, meaning the plant can only use that wattage, the other 550w is generated as heat only.. Out of the 450w, some par is waisted because of a lack of diversity in wavelengths..

The Inverse square as it pertains to light is far worse for an hps because the bulb is so close..

The suns intensity is relatively the same no matter where you measure, 50ft off the ground or 1inch, doesnt matter... The heat is primarily at the sun, so the light we receive is relatively gentle in nature..

Does that clear anything up? Are you familiar with ppfd?

8. Read this, lets get up to speed before we challenge what is known...

Lumens=humans
    Par=plants

Light and Plants

9. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Youve made up your mind.

If you think a street light (hps and mh, never intended for plant growth initially) is the most "intense" light, I implore you to do some research. Plants cant see lumens...

A 1k hps is only good for 450w of actual par wattage, meaning the plant can only use that wattage, the other 550w is generated as heat only.. Out of the 450w, some par is waisted because of a lack of diversity in wavelengths..

The Inverse square as it pertains to light is far worse for an hps because the bulb is so close..

The suns intensity is relatively the same no matter where you measure, 50ft off the ground or 1inch, doesnt matter... The heat is primarily at the sun, so the light we receive is relatively gentle in nature..

Does that clear anything up? Are you familiar with ppfd?[/quote]

The sun produces plenty of heat.....how you think the Earth stays warm? And yes it is MUCH more intense on top of K2 then it is @ sea level.

As per the rest.........citation please.

10. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Read this, lets get up to speed before we challenge what is known...

Lumens=humans
    Par=plants

Light and Plants[/quote]

This is a link to an ad...how about some peer reviewed papers.

11. *sighs*

Give me a bit, Ill be back with all the proof you need with links to known par measurements of 1khps bulbs... And why they suck lol...

Really, hps is more a case of "what we have to work with for a decent price" plus manufacturers get to sell you bulbs pretty often which they like for obvious reasons..

12. That is a link to a Sunmaster website showing the science behind par/lumens..

The data is consistent with known accepted science..

You are challenging Par vs lumen?

How long have you been growing?

13. #53 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    Sun produces about 100w per square ft. on earth..

The sun is too far in contrast from earth for the Inverse Square to have any effect at this distance..

Thats like measuring two spots near an hps bulb .1mm apart from each other, and its really smaller than that.. Your reading will nearly be exactly the same, make sense?

The suns intensity is not much different on a mountain compared to ground level... Sure there is a slight difference, but this is negligible..

Lemme feed my gals real quick and cite some information that has a harvard stamp on it so its legit enough for you..

14. #54 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    LOL... Why dont you guys utilize THIS website.. I found this just browsing the lighting section.

Anyone still care to counter? lol As I said, you cannot simply argue what is known and accepted for the sake of arguing..

trust me, Im intp and devils advocate is a prerequisite for our logic, its fucked up.. lol

http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/489137-how-light-measured-lighting-spectrum-photosythesis.html

Mods please move to lighting or advanced grow techniques, the beginners forum is def the wrong place for this conversation lol...

15. #56 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    You just wont accept anything.. Take the myers brigg test, your last letter will certainly be "J" as you dont have the ability to think abstractly and judge before you perceive as a primary function...

Take the test and post the results here,you cant cheat and I will prove you are just trying to argue.

Youve presented no counter evidence and are dismissing known science, at this point, I can no longer take you seriously..

You simply resort to name calling (salesman? wtf) and would argue just because, its an inherent cognitive bias in your personality, but it doesnt define you remember that.... Good day

And if he did post misinformation, I HIGHLY doubt it would get stickied..

16. Huh...burden of proof(which you still have not provided) is on your end...not mine.

And I have hey to see any proof that would stand up in a Botany 101 course

17. Huh?

You say youve been to "college"... Ever take a debate class?

You dont get to pull formal data..

The video is one thing.. We are waiting for monday to silence you on that... You cant challenge what Im saying about light, is not up for debate, Im educated in that regard. Prove me wrong buddy, ive shown a few sources saying the same thing, why? because its proven..

You are just arguing.. You need proof as to why the sky is blue?

18. Tell me why plants are green and Ill shut up.

You need to know how light works to answer that, Ill be waiting...

19. Honestly, I think that each grower should try different lights to see which they like the best, I myself am starting off with a 600w HPS light package. Just made the decision to grow at least 3-4 of my plants, and sell some of final product to a couple friends, first I'm going to cover the expenses I have already used and then rest will go to paying for some extra stuff and maybe some new lights,
    OP, If I were you, I'd do some research and find out which one best suits your needs, try it out and if your happy with it, then theres no reason to change but if you like it OK try out a different one on your next grow!!

It takes time and patience but I'm sure it will pay off in the end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.