Whats best? HPS,MH,HID,LED,T5, or CFLs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PuffDaddy420, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For one weight, you can document the weight on video real time, pics are fallible.

2. Here is a ChemD, she gave 5zips, Just one of the plants around my 600w.... I can fit 7 chemDs for one six, 2lbs all day...

Still, Im scrapping this setup for induction lighting...
    [​IMG]

3. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Here is a ChemD, she gave 5zips, Just one of the plants around my 600w.... I can fit 7 chemDs for one six, 2lbs all day...

Still, Im scrapping this setup for induction lighting...
    [​IMG][/quote]

What nutrients do you use?

4. Right now Im making them with a custom blend of dry fertilizer salts..

Im in coco..

This chemd was fed 5/5/7/5 .5 .5 G/M/B/Calmg/MgSo4/Agsil (K2Sio3, or potassium silicate)

5. #25 mrgoodsmoke, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    I went from 2 plants to 20 and from 400 watts to 3000 over the course of last year and I remember telling myself...."If I can get 8oz off 2 plants in a tent, then surely I'll harvest 5lbs with this big grow room every 70 days!".

Some things I've learned about growing is that you can never predict your yield. You can almost never narrow down the factors that leads to differences in grows. Plants like a lot of light. They like the temperatures and the PH and humidity to be in a certain range. They like to have ideal conditions for as much of their flowering cycles as possible. It doesn't matter what nutes you use, or what lights you use, or how you pull it off. It's creating those conditions and keeping them that way that grows a lot of fat buds.

You gotta understand why people are skeptical of new lighting formats dude. For one look at the whole fiasco with LEDS. They're just more work than they are worth and the only way you can get the density you want it to get the LEDS that use the same juice as the HIDS. It's a big debate people have but everyone out there who's growing good weed uses HIDS and not LEDS. Except of course a few guys who have tons of cash and something like a science lab where they can make everything perfect and then the LEDS seem to shine.

What kind of bulbs do induction lights use? How many lumens do they produce? I know that plants don't see lumens, but we use lumens to determine light intensity, and light intensity determines canopy penetration, and canopy penetration determines whether or not the bottom half of your plants will look like shit or not.

I'm not trying to be a skeptic here but I feel like you're making claims about the outcome of an experiment that hasn't been done yet. Maybe these lights give you 2 grams per watt, but if no one sees it then you gotta understand that no one's going to believe such a radical claim. People who grow a lot of weed know how hard it can be to even get 1gpw. Everyone always talks about how you just gotta do this and that, but no one shows you 400 grams from under a 400w light.

6. #26 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    Induction lighting has been around a long time.. Brainchild of Tesla..

First, thanks for the post, your context was well received!

The 400w induction lights put off 395 par watts.

There is absolutely, not one single company like Hortilux or Sunmaster that want you to know about these lights.

As for the skepticism, Id not be a realist if I didnt agree with those unfamiliar to this.

I judge based on how people react to skepticism, some people are very cynical, some would rather not say anything and observe the data subjectively for themselves.

And some people grew up on what they were told, rather than exploring the possibilities outside conventional means of growing..

Induction lights arent expensive in the long run, they are rated longer than LED's..

Check em out bud, I think you will see why some us are a little frustrated..

Big business right? You are thinker, you know how deception works in capitalism...

Kinda like Big oil buying the rights to "clean" technology... They dont want us to have it, more efficient, less money for them...

7. Here is a grower with a 400w induction grow light keeping up with 1k overhead..

The lights arent bogus... Notice how far up off the canopy he kept it, should be much lower.

FF to about 5 minutes in, not the best video but you get the point lol..
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-pAKxiwjE]Master Grower Project Flower Finale - YouTube[/ame]

8. #28 CL4P-TP, Feb 15, 2013
    you're for sure a salesman though huh ?

800 bills per 420 watt unit........

9. #29 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    Sorry, I cant even tell you where to get them myself... (ones Im gonna be using)

I used to be a salesman.. Loathsome job..

800? where did you see that, Igrow has them for like 6 I thought, there are a few companies selling them.. Igrow, indagrow , riant lighting

There is a reason you didnt know about them, and I fear the industry is to blame.. Or we just didnt figure it sooner lol...

HD sells the small ones I think, only 100wers, but I dont know what the spectrums are.. Actually I might just check the ones out at home depot.. Could be cool for veg or something..

10. Also, I know they suck on price, but the bulb is rated for 100k hrs..

that takes some of the sting out, but yeah, its an investment I suppose...

11. Actually now that I think about it (If we're talkin' light) I'd have to say in retrospect natural sunlight is the best of all. But if ur talking indoors, at least in my experience, mh and hps combo works best. I understand everyone has there own techniques so dont take offense to my opinion.:D

12. None at all, I agree with the sunlight bit, and you are on to something with that, and Ill hit on it soon.....

How does one bring in light.... hm.....0w in power.. How to direct it... There must be a way...

13. Kinda gives ya that feeling doesn't it

14. Ill leave if you guys really wish, Ive no agenda, say the word and Im gone, makes me no difference, crow doesnt taste very good tho...

15. Lets do this, Ill get back on this subject monday evening, since people need the visual to wrap their mind around this..

Then, If you think im still crazy, or havent had your eyes opened by it, Ill move on my way for good..

Fair is fair?

16. Na, I think it is humerous that you feel the need to interject the wonders of induction lighting where it really wasnt asked. Your making claims on a light that by your own admission you have never used and plan on purchasing a light that hasn't been built yet.

Come on, your at least getting a commission off skelator aren't you? If not, you should.

17. #37 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    I mean, its kinda the title of the thread, granted, the op didnt ask specifically, Im doing you a solid.. I promise..

Im a numbers guy.. So when I look at lights, I need to see what my options are, and this is merely another option, but the numbers.. Oh the sweet numbers in the math is what Im seeing... I can take that, and convert it to real life practicality..

Make sense?

As for the commission, Im a rock solid greenfist bro, I make money the easiest way I know, with me? I dont need a commission on anything... lol Money is truly worth fuckall to me, Id burn it to stay warm...

Used to work a hydro shop, and I was pretty good at talkin myself out of a sale, I dont push something I wont rock myself.. And you will see two of these lights replacing my 6's in the next few weeks..

And yes, I can sell snow to an Eskimo lol.... BUT I have to believe in the product..

To earn a commission I would need references for a sale, and that is an impossibility.. Go find them wherever, dont really care.. Just learn about the technology thats got some of us other guys scrambling..

This technology is kinda old to be honest...

18. On other grow sites, over the last few years, have been numerous threads started or hi-jacked by a single Salesman perporting to be mulitiple growers. All showing grows and basically circle jerking about the benefits of induction lamps. In every forum except 4 RIU( Which is the grower version of a rompa room IMHO) they have been banned.

19. #39 "ridge"racer, Feb 15, 2013
    Interesting.

Ive only known about them for a week and half or so in regards to growing. I know you must think me crazy, not sure whats going on with your thoughts apart from the obvious, we all felt that way too bro.. soon...

You cant sell "induction lighting".. You can sell lamps or fixtures, but the technology itself cannot be "sold"...

No matter what, no one here will ever be able to purchase anything from me..

I give away ideas brotha, nothing more.. Open your mind, you missed something, and its the proof you so desperately require.. Ill not entertain this anymore until monday.. I asked for your patience, and you said you'd give me that, dont let that be the reason I dont come back because Ive nothing to gain other than opening the eyes of my fellow growers...

20. [quote name='"ridge"racer']Interesting.

Ive only known about them for a week and half or so in regards to growing. I know you must think me crazy, not sure whats going on with your thoughts apart from the obvious, we all felt that way too bro.. soon...

You cant sell "induction lighting".. You can sell lamps or fixtures, but the technology itself cannot be "sold"...

No matter what, no one here will ever be able to purchase anything from me..

I give away ideas brotha, nothing more.. Open your mind, you missed something, and its the proof you so desperately require.. Ill not entertain this anymore until monday.. I asked for your patience, and you said you'd give me that, dont let that be the reason I dont come back because Ive nothing to gain other than opening the eyes of my fellow growers...[/quote]

You're splitting hairs and trying to twist words..key skills for a salesman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.