Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I smoke even though I take an inhaler?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kalimara, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Sorry if I came across as an asshole I don't mean to. I'm not sure what you're saying in this post, care to clarify?

Average price is probably in the $200-$300 range, ranging anywhere from $20 for a butane lighter-ran shitty vaporizer to the $500 self explanatory Volcano and everything in between, including 7th floor products, Arizer, and lots of others. I cannot stress enough how you have to actually empty your pockets for a good working vaporizer that won't deteriorate your health in the long run. Take a look at this thread: Cheap Chinese vaporizer and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

Now that that's out of the way, time to recommend some vaporizers :devious:

I would recommend either the Solo or the MFLB as a starter portable vape, you can put either of these with vaporizer at the end in google and it'll pull them up. The solo typically runs at $220, but you can find reputable people who sell them at $150, whereas the MFLB is $120. I would spend the extra $30 to get the Solo, though, as most people move on from the *stealthy* MFLB to get the more performance and tasty vapors of the Solo or Inhalater (usually runs around $250).

A desktop I would recommend Da Buddha. You don't have to worry about the multiple chemical sensitivity with the vapes I'm recommending, they use quality parts :D

2. I meant THC in its natural form as you basically take straight THC in an edible. Even in an edible THC will expand your airways. :D

3. Yeah, instead of spending that much money on a vape, I think I'm just gonna wait till I get to AK or WA and get a nice pipe. Because it's just this city air that's effing up my lungs.

4. #24 Yosh139, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    Ummm...I disagree.

Notice how in this article the patient who was treated inhaled cannabis smoke: Medical Marijuana - Asthma

Edit: And I QUOTE:

5. If you come to WA, I could maybe change your mind if we meet up for a sesh :p

I have a Da Buddha :D

6. Hm, I think I've figured out what I'm gonna do, thanks guys.

7. I'm guessing you're gonna take up smoking :p

8. Edibles weren't even mentioned man.. :confused:

This whole thing has to do with smoking (or vaping)..I just don't think either would help or be a good idea for someone that has asthma or any lung problems, especially if you have to ask about it. We're arguing about whether smoking (or vaping) is alright or okay with smoking asthma.... Smoking isn't for everyone, especially if you have some initial issues with your lungs.

9. I have asthma and I smoke from a pipe. I just take my puffs from my inhaler before I smoke. The other day I forgot to take my inhaler beforehand and I was coughing on every hit. The THC definitely wasn't expanding my airways. But I don't see a problem with smoking a pipe for you OP. Just take your inhaler before you smoke.

And to clarify, the inhaler I use before I smoke is my ventolin "emergency inhaler," the one I take if I were to have an asthma attack. If you take a daily inhaler like advair then that might help you while you're smoking a bit. but that inhaler never helped my asthma symptoms before I started smoking so I would still recommend the ventolin inhaler.

10. I'm just gonna research more on medical mari and asthma so that way I can figure it out for myself.

11. Thank you!
    I have Advair and ProAir. Just gotta remember to take Advair XD

12. Lol smoking asthma? :p

Anywho, it depends on the person I guess as we got RunnersHigh's input, but what I'm trying to say is for the most part THC expands your airways. I would vaporize if I had asthma (I do it anyways, what am I talking about :laughing:), not smoke, for fear of the actual smoke constricting my airways, but after every time I vaporize I feel like my airways almost double in size because I can breathe a lot easier. :confused_2:

13. And how about I be lazy and help you out at the same time with this? I copied and pasted Granny's list online about asthma here:

14. After all I said, you're going to pick apart that I said "with smoking ashtma" instead of "smoking with asthma"? :eek:

lol alright man, whatever you say. Your rep is too almighty for me.

15. @Cyclic Dude, I got what you meant.

16. I thought it was funny, that was all. I seriously mean no disrespect :confused:

It's hard to display a certain amount of respect and joking at the same time on a forum, I don't mean to make people mad at me. No hard feelings :wave: