Who's your favorite Rap Artist?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by salters, Feb 14, 2013.

1. There is a lot of argument man Jay-Z 10 number one albums. Hella classic songs and albums. Everybody rapping now recognizes Jay as one of if not the best of all time. ESoM is classic play it anywhere it's instantly recognizable it's pretty much NY's theme song. Young Forever is less of a classic but the same thing going on. And Scarface isn't top 5 because Hov, Eminem Andre 3000, KRS-one RZA etc keep him barely in top 10 and that's generous

2. And even some of the guys you mentioned especially Big L and Big Pun keep Scarface out of anybody's top 10...except yours i guess

3. and here is a gift for you if you ever get to meet Wayne in person.

Attached Files:

4. Hahahahahaha that's really funny

5. Thanks man needed a new pair, mine got worn out when I was w/ ur dad

6. RZA is top 5 as a producer but not as an MC. Andre was great in Outkast but his solo stuff just doesn't really impress. Eminem has two 5/5 albums MMLP & SSLP but with Recovery & Relapse he just yells and doesn't really have that energy and drive with his lyrics as he used to. if he released another album on the level of those two, i'd recognize him as one of the best. all great rappers but we're talking greatest of all time. KRS is the best hip hop activist of all time, but his stuff outside of BDP besides a few of his songs just doesn't really do if for me either. Now I really am opionated on this post but these ^ are just IMO why they are not.

7. So you're admitting you suck other dude's dicks?? lol

8. I'll buy your argument for RZA but Andre 3000 should release more solo albums but you know when you see his name on a song you know he's gonna tear it to shreds. Here though with the technical aspects of rap Andre, Em, and Lupe deserve to be mentioned as some of the greatest. SN I think Eminem is extremely overrated I recognize he's a GOAT but his stans push it too far

9. alright i won't argue anymore lol but at least we can agree that Lil Wayne is god awful.

10. Haha yeah we can agree on that and it saddens me because I know how good he can be but he wastes it doing dumb shit. It also saddens me when Wayne fans still hold on somebody last week said he was the greatest rapper alive...i didn't know whether to slap him across the face or vomit. But anyway I enjoy arguments with other people who know their shit so thanks for the enjoyment I guess.:cool:

11. lol i won't give him credit for doing anything good musically. ever.

12. Ha you didn't like the Carter 3? Or his first few albums and 75+ guest features in 07? IMO he had the best verse of that year on We Takin Over

13. i don't listen to radio music. so no, unless i hear someone who has a really impressive verse, good flow or something that doesn't just talk about violence, weed, pussy, money as Wayne does in 90% of his music. only around 10-20 albums have impressed me in the last 5 years. i guess i just can't stand new rap.

14. I feel it man. I don't listen to radio stuff either. A lot of people gas these new guys up like Meek Mill and Kendrick and stuff I just be like no thanks l'll stick to my Jay, Nas, Biggie, Tupac, and Lupe. However I always fuck with Kanye West.

15. The homie down the block

16. Tech n9ne and wrekonize from mayday no ones probably heard of them here seems like your all pretty east coast biased

17. Everyone has heard of Tech n9ne. Am I a psycho is a great song with stellar verses from Hopsin and BoB two of my faves

18. pre 808's Kanye was one of the dopest producers ever. nowadays his verses are just the same shit recycled over and over. i miss when he rapped about not being able to get heard now he's just a bitch. Oh and Drive Slow is the SHIT!

19. and Kendrick Lamar's a close second.. for me, anyways.

20. He had some dope verses on dark twisted fantasy and if he produced as much of Watch the Throne as i think he did then I fucks