Runescape 2007 servers!!!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Blazin In Ohio, Feb 14, 2013.

1. #1 Blazin In Ohio, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    For those of you who don't know Runescape has announced they will be having a poll starting on Friday the 15th lasting for 2 weeks. We need at least 50,000 votes to bring back an August 10th 2007 version of the game, hopefully we get many more votes as there are more benefits the more votes we get. Sadly you must be a member to vote. Check out the front page of Runescape at runescape.com for more info.

Update: Jagex has announced that if you vote in the poll which requires you to be a member you will get to play the first month of the 07 server for free. So it would be in your best interest to go ahead and get members now so you can vote and play the first month on the 07 server free.

2. Saw this. No doubt it will get huge support, but I haven't had members in a while.

Would probably start playing for sure if this happens, which I'm sure it will.

3. YEEESS :D

Jadex gets it finally :p

I'd like 2008 tho, not gonna bitch tho :D

4. You don't like pking and free trade? :O

5. #5 Floydian, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    Very cool!

Though, I must say, if they are willing to do so much for RuneScape circa 2007, they should show a little more support for RuneScape Classic. If not just for the people who still enjoy playing RSC, then for all the players from 2005 onwards who can not access or experience the history and roots of their game.

I do wonder, they have yet to make it clear if the 2007 version (if released) would include account/statistic carry overs for those with accounts made at or predating 2007. Or for anyone else, for that matter. If there they do transfer to the old school version, it will get a lot more interest than if not.

I'm voting for whatever to get it done in any case, but I'd sure like more details :p

6. They have stated that everyone will start fresh, so sadly we will all be LvL 3 noobs again haha. I'm gonna make a pure though for sure 60atk 1def 99str. These wrecked in the wild back then.

7. #7 Floydian, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    Oh did they? If it was in the news post I missed it, if it was in the forums I didn't look :p

It will be quite unique in that case. Think of it, no account transfers means no wealth or item transfer. This means no discontinued items. Also, everyone starting with fresh levels and in a game from a period when free/bonus experience wasn't given out at absurd rates (and without further bonus experience being added in) means that high levels would once again be a relative rarity, and far more profitable. And on top of all this, it could take years for bots and cons to ever gain such a disproportionate amount of wealth as is the case with the current game. Hopefully they would never be allowed to have the chance.

It would be an experiment on a grand scale. As far as the economy is concerned, it would be a completely different than anything RuneScape has ever known.

RuneScape : ProMod :p

8. Ya it was posted by a JMod on the forums I believe. I'm pretty excited myself now ill actually have a reason to level up again. Can't wait to see people selling stuff in fally like the old days. If they get enough votes there gonna have there best bot defense software on the servers, so hopefully there will be few bots to fuck up the economy.

9. im excited about this. if it happens it wont matter that I lost 3b!

10. There's gonna be a rush of memories, the good ol' days!

11. True that man, finally RS will return to the glory days.

12. Oh my god. If the 2007 version comes out, I will most definitely start back up and become a member. Goodbye social life.

13. Just the latest way of bringing a nice bit of revenue for the dying company.
    Regardless or not, I will vote yes and I will pay the extra fee to pay.

250,000 DIFFERENT members is quite a bit to get the vote yes.
    You can only vote once, and you have to be a member. The current community base is approximately 75% bots. This sure is going to be tough.

P.S - if anyone would like to play in-game and do some activities together, please add me :)
    Zerkemsized - is my name.

14. Honestly I think we will reach 250,000 votes easily, there's really no reason for people not to vote for it as it won't effect the new game in anyway.

15. For them to even put up this poll is proof that they have in their minds they are going to do this. They know they're going to do it, and probably have been planning it for a while. The more votes just means it will be cheaper which is awesome.

Starting fresh on their servers is great too, sure no partyhats, masks,etc (maybe?) but if they did let players start with old accounts the economy would be horrible.

Way better to let everyone start new and let prices become player-based again. I'm excited as fuck for this and I haven't played seriously in like 3 years!

16. never thought of playing runescape again, but if that happened i might haha. fuck i feel like such a nerd when playing that game but it's so leet

17. just went on my old account and that shit is wack as now

18. I just heard about this, im fuckin stoked

19. damn $25 a month?

20. Where did you get that info from...? At the max it would be $15 I think, and it could even be free with enough votes.