Outdoor Journal #3 - Assorted Genetics & Guerilla Style

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by outdoorgrower1, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Since 2007! Wow your part of the furnishing. Lol.

Spike_Weed or anyone else who reads this, I'm after a bit of guidance.

My Fast Ryder 1 & 2, are going Outdoors in pots though, what do yer reckon a good size will be to use? This is from transplanting from a 6 inch, which is where they'll germ, then onto there next pot which will be there second and final (I hope).

Good day to all :) :wave:

2. 5Gal or 8Gal

11Gal = 50ltrs of soil.

For my auto buddha cheese, she'll be going in roughly 30ltrs of soil.

3. Cheers bro..

:wave::smoking:

4. Roll on mid March.
    :D

5. hey thanks spike!:D i actually read this same exact article lastnight. see my ventilation in the room is going directly outside. one night i opened the screen a little too much and when i checked on my babies in the morning it was pretty cold in the room. based on my research (and yours haha) that cold night has the phosphorus absorption locked out a bit??? just didnt figure one night of colder temps would hurt them too bad. its just crazy though because i didnt think a seedling this young (week or so old) even needed phosphorus yet in its early life. i could be wrong too. maybe its something else? thats why im not going to even react and make bad judgement. its so hard to tell whats causing a problem at such a young age with a plant. i'll just ride this one out and hope for the best! :confused:

6. Same for me bro, i learned also;) great advise

7. #47 outdoorgrower1, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    im going to purchase some soil and amendments tomorrow. took me 3 years to realize you pretty much need to mix up a healthy, rich, and fertile soil. it also needs to be aereated well. here's somewhat on the lines of what im looking at, and based on what i can afford at the time ~

few bales pro-mix bx
    1 bag fox farm happy frog potting soil (organic i believe)
    vermiculite
    15 lb. bag earthworm castings
    40 lb. bag mushroom compost
    small bag cow/rabbit/chicken manure
    5 lbs. bat guano (cant remember which kind is higher in N - indonesian?)
    ill get high N and the high P
    kelp meal
    rock dust
    dolomite garden lime

and can someone tell me what the azomite does for a plant and if its a necessity? i'd love to hear others suggestions/advice. what are some amendments high in potash? also do i need to add anything else? does this look ok to yall? should i replace anything ive listed with something else? also could someone please help me with the ratios based on 3 bales of pro-mix? :)

some more supplies i need to buy...

neem oil
    slug repellant
    natural burlap wrapping
    better ph tester
    stakes
    chicken wire
    molassess

have some fox farm tiger bloom left from last year, but thought about running the whole fox farm line-up. would these chemicals help any with the soil mix i'll already have? i'd rather keep it completely organic. im sure there's a few more things i'll need, but cant think of right off. well you all pretty much see my plan i've got going. id love to hear some different opinions/suggestions on soil mixes and nutes. thanks if your still reading and goodluck prepping your 2013 grow :)

8. oh and i forgot to mention something. i figured out my seedlings problem. :) bought a humidty/temperature sensor and realized my humidity was actually to low, and the temperature was 92 degrees! that created a pretty dry environment! its good to see most of the strains made it through that (must be solid genetics). although i do have 2 that aren't doing too well. blue venom and thc bomb. all the others are looking pretty bomb. best babies are og kush, pineapple chunk, blue dream, berry bomb, purple maroc, frissian dew and purple wreck. i think all will recover though after i fixed the problem. what is a good temperature indoors and humidity level for mj? what are some ways to raise humidity? i now have the humidity at 26% and the temp at 82. i think the temp needs to drop a hair and the humidity needs to raise a bit??? i would just hate to raise the lights anymore. already went from 2 and a half inches to 4 in a half inches. maybe another small fan would help, and set a couple big bowls of water in the grow space? could some1 please educate me on this?

9. #49 Bragi76, Feb 22, 2013

I did a bit of late night shopping last night online
    Manufactured by BIO-BIZZ From Holland

All Mix growing media was developed to be the best potting soil for organic cultivation.It consists of 20% sphagnum peatmoss,35%garden peat,10%high quality organic BIOBIZZ Worm Humus,30% perlite and 5% Pre Mix. As anyone used this pre blended mix?

It's really for when time is limited and I don't get chance to mix my own.
    Also ordered for my own mix! Blood meal, Bonemeal, and? Forgot now. Must cut down on the :smoking: lol.

If any one as any Feedback or constructive critiscm please feel free to comment.

Good Morning to all :hello::wave:

10. good to hear bragi ! sounds like a good plan. never used the biobizz. sounds good though. watch the bone and blood. critters will dig through your soil. chicken wire dont block all animals. yea man i think you got a pretty solid plan in progress and keep us updated.

update! i got the humidity up to 35% by adding a bunch of water to the grow space! temp stayed at 82. sounds about perfect to me :)

11. Thanks dude! All guidance is Appreciated.

:gc_rocks: :smoking:

12. BTW People. What's those little icons in the bottom right for? There's Edit, Quote, then a small person with a + sign etc?

I believe ones for a quick quote, is one to do with rep?

Cheers Guys and Gals :D

13. Man you going all out now and Organic is great when you realize all you gotta do is go water them if a drought is happening in your area;)

I'm going for blood and bone for my high N P K.. got Calcified Seaweed for Cal and Mag... should be ok, i don't need lime as The seaweed breaks down the high acid in the soil if any;)

I just went with the normal stuff people use.. i see no critters in my area and the pots in the ground ain't been touched since end of Jan so i'm all happy.

US has loads of critters:eek:

I did an indoors grow with autos and my humidity was like 15% for ages, we got a monitor to check see and then we added a soakin wet towel hanging over the tent hum went up to 40%:cool:

Dry hum sucks for seedlings = slow slow growth.

I used the BIO-BIZZ soil for my autos last year, does truly work but don't use it for the seedling mix aye?:devious: but i did notice its high in acid, maybe buy some Lime or Calcified Seaweed just add a cup into your mix per hole etc.

here done a pic for you lol

14. I used the BIO-BIZZ soil for my autos last year, does truly work but don't use it for the seedling mix aye? but i did notice its high in acid, maybe buy some Lime or Calcified Seaweed just add a cup into your mix per hole etc.

Cheers for the heads up Spike_Weed. I was going to use it to Germ in too. So I take it that it's too rich in Nutes for the 1st 2/3 week?
    :cool: Man

15. #55 outdoorgrower1, Feb 22, 2013
    thanks for all the input guys. i have a little update on what the babies are looking like ~

Og Kush
    IMG_20130222_004726.jpg

stayin short and no stretch :)

16. Nice looking plant!

17. That's the way! when they go outdoors they'll explode!!

18. today i purshased.....

3 bales prom-mix bx
    30 lb. bag earthworm castings
    2.2 lb bag. high N bat guano (mexican)
    2.2 lb. bag high P bat guano (jamaican)
    7.5 lb. bag rock phosphate
    5 lb. bag greensand
    7.5 lb. bag bonemeal
    10 lb. bag dolomite lime

i forgot to grab the mushroom compost so ill be going back soon. is there anything else im forgetting ?

19. thanks man. the closer i get to outdoor transplant i'll keep lowering the light cycle (in small increments) so they will already be adjusted to the outdoor conditions. hope things are going well for you spike! :)

20. thanks bro!!!