Outdoor Journal #3 - Assorted Genetics & Guerilla Style

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by outdoorgrower1, Feb 13, 2013.

1. #381 outdoorgrower1, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    1378165492239.jpg

purple maroc 2 weeks flower. roughly 6 feet tall, 5 feet wide

1378166260185.jpg

this is my beast of the year! biggest plant ive ever grown guerilla style. i believe it to be a frissian dew, or blue dream plant. this shitty cell pic does no justice for its size. about 11 feet tall, and 9 feet wide! 3 weeks into flowering.

2. also went and checked my og kush today for first time in 3 weeks, and discovered it completely bud rotted brown ): every bud on it was ruined. took a 3-4 ounce loss there ): good thing it wasnt a monster plant though......

3. Looks like a monster beside that fallen tree. Lots of branching, Mikey Likey...

4. yep she's a monster alright promixPeat :) now lets just pray her buds stay fungus free!!!!

5. Wooo! beautiful! :D Get a good camera up there! Like you said, cell pics aren't enough !!

6. #386 outdoorgrower1, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    well just a little summary for the year. first off i really f***** up keeping my plants under 24 hr. light indoors, then putting them straight outdoors. i should have been gradually decreases the light schedule accordingly so they adjusted better to the outdoors. like all of my plants were triggered into flowering in may because of the screw up! it caused them to stress all year, and i believe it to be the reason of so much bud rot/mold. they kept reverting back and forth all year it seemed, and never came close to their full potential. i definately learned from that. now on a good note i still came out with 4 lbs. + of some good quality dried product. i had one monster that was roughly 12 foot tall, 9 foot wide that produced over a lb. of dried bud. i was so happy, and thats my best plant ive grown to date. so wish i didnt mix my strains up, because id order a shit load more seeds if i knew for sure what strain she was. i believe it was frissian dew, but not positive. all in all it was a great learning year, and a very successfull year at the same time. well now id like to share some thoughts on my next grow coming up next summer. ive been reasearching strains and breeders, and for some reason im stuck on wanting to grow a bunch of dutch passions strains. i know a lot of people dont like dutch passion, but the strains i have grown from them turned out pretty good. especially the frissian dew! to me they seem like they have some true outdoor gear. id love to hear some others input on dutch passion beans, or some other breeders/strains they've had experience with that were good for outdoors......hope everyone had a good christmas and new years, and 2014 summer prep is finally here!!!    :)

7. so far the strains im growing next are frisian dew, skunk #1, shiva skunk, hollands hope, snowbud, jack herer, white widow, and original amnesia. will update later when i figure out the rest :)

8. hey man about that time to gear up again!!!

for sure man! whats up with you lager? been a cold winter here in my neck of the woods! cant freakin wait til spring time!!!

10. I grew 3 Twilight from Dutch Passion this year. They were big plants with shorter internodal spacing for a later budding plant. It finished end of Oct beginning of November. Even though I had several cool nights none of them turned purple. The finished buds are semi tight, burn well and have a good taste. I would have liked them more one of them had change color. I wasn't disappointed with the plants or finished product but will not be growing again.

I have several Frission Dew beans for this year though.

I have had trouble with labeling plants many times. What i found that helps is multiple labels. like once on the planter, once on a plastic ground stake and making a plot map with plant breed next to each X.

I found these starter trays that incude a paper with a grid for labeling which seedlings are in which holes. It works great for keeping track of germination rates of each breed too.

Good luck this year!

thanks bro and good luck to you too! you will love the frissian dew. big yielder, mold/mildew/pest resistant, sturdy, good with cold nights, good smoke, and pretty buds. what more could you ask for in a outdoor strain! im growing it again for sure. so far my lineup is skunk #1, skunk #1 auto, super skunk, shiva skunk, snowbud, hollands hope, frissian dew, jack herer, white widow, and original amnesia auto. will be getting a few more strains as well. we are definately getting closer !!! :)

12. hey man I'm late but love seeing your thriving plants

13. Hey all new to this site and growing. I have 2 Purple Haze's and a Moroccan. Just got the Purps 3 days ago, the Moroccan I've had for 3 weeks and for two weeks she's been outside from 7:30am til I put her in at night for 12 more hours of light. I'm using Vitagro for food black gold for soil. Any tips tricks or what to expect from here. Here are a few pics.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. My girls

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: