Outdoor Journal #3 - Assorted Genetics & Guerilla Style

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by outdoorgrower1, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Interesting mate, I understand the theory like. Does anyone else practice this?

:smoking:

2. yes i do the same thing havnt had a problem yet works great!! also am planning on the frisian dew cant wait to see some pics!

3. hey man thanks for swinging by my journal :) yea im really excited too about the frissian dew. can't wait to see how they turn out. im running 5 fem frissians so hopefully i can get a couple good phenos. hopefully i get a purple pheno. i've seen so many good journals of people growing the frissian, so i hope i can have the same success!

4. Hell yeah dude Im going to be growing some Frisians to man, Im stoked. I've decided to put OG kush in my line up now to, so we have a few similar strains now! I've made a final decision on what I'm putiing outdoors this year, I'm ganna run 6 plants now..

- Holland's Hope
    - Purple #1
    - Frisian Dew
    - Passion #1
    - Pineapple Chunk
    - OG Kush.

I'm stoked we are growing a fe of the same strains, I feel like we can help each other out on the way. :hello:

5. Impressive bean list odg1!
    im along for the ride
    what size holes do you usually dig to transplant into?

6. SWEET! we are both growing the frissian, pineapple chunk, and the og kush. can't wait my friend. im so excited, and we for sure will help eachother out along the way :D

7. hey thanks and welcome remo :) hope you hang around. well the last couple years i didn't do the best (inexperience). this year i plan to change that! i've learned soooo much more on grasscity, and learned from trial and error. last year i only had maybe 15 gallon holes, and also grew in 5 gal buckets. i'll probably grow a few in pots this year for convenience, but the majority of my plants will be in big ass holes. im hoping to have like 30-40 gallons of mix per hole. does that sound big enough? oh yea and the few plants that i'll grow in pots will be in 25 gallon smart pots. hey man let me know what you think on hole size. how big do you think they should be to get the max potential out of each plant???

8. Man, I've only been a member for a few week. And by following a few threads on Outdoor Grows I feel confident that my 1st ever attempt at growing will bring me success...
    All Thanks to guys such as outdoorgrower1 and quite a few more, sorry there's too many to list individually. Lol but thanks to all...

:wave::smoking:

9. Man i been here since 2007 and still learning haha:D

10. just a quick pick to show you all what my sprouts look like...

IMG_20130218_234148.jpg

this is the purple wreck. i took a bunch more pics but in a hurry and dont have time to attach them all. will post more pics later. so yea seedlings are doing great and ill get back with you all soon! :wave:`

11. yea man im glad you've learned a few things from me. thats what we're all here for right?! :D i also hope you do make it til harvest hassel free, but im here to tell you guerilla growing brings many problems/worries. just play it smart, and ask for help if you come along a problem. im always here to try helping bro!

12. That's Cool bro! Don't worry dude I'm sure ill be giving a few of you boys a shout along the way. Great community, love it man. Ill be starting with Fast Ryder 1 & 2 First.
    Still to plant my 1st ever bean yet! Won't be long, frosty as fuk man again here (Yorkshire).

Ill keep you all updated though with pics reports etc.

Gotta run along now for MRI Scan results. Bricking it man.

Catch you all in a bit :)

13. my seedlings are doink ok but i noticed most of them have a purple tint to them. the new growth is coming out with the purple in it too. what is causing this?

14. Thats strange, hopefully its nothing to bad. I have heard low temps causing this, maybe they are deficient in something, awful young for that. Could it be just the strain?

15. If they look healthy but have a purple tinge I'd leave them alone. No point in trying to fix whats not broken. They should be able to grow for at least 2-3 weeks without needing anything but water.

16. its definately not low temps because it gets fairly warm in the room. its also not a genetic thing because most of them look this way. they look healthy, but also dont look the best. if that makes sense lol. they seem somewhat dry. im leaning toward the problem being either high humidty, over or under watering, or the light being too close. just not sure and ive already learned from the past not to overreact and make a bad call. each day they are looking better so i think i'll just let time make the call. i dont plan on using any nutes until like 25 days total of growing. maybe i should buy a unit to find out the temperature/humidity in the grow space. i think/hope it will all work out. i'll keep yall updated...

17. just give it a little time. Humidity where I live is from 65-80% everyday and I dont think its ever hurt any vegetative growth. Definitely caused some mold though.

Have you used this soil mix for seedlings before?

18. never used this soil mix before. its a seedling organic mix with a bunch of bacteria and fungi in it. yea ill just let them go for a while and see if it gets any better. i think they'll be ok

19. Morning Grasscity! I hope you get to the root of this mate, it'll be interesting to see what's causing it?

:smoking: :wave:

20. OK did some research for ya,

Phosphorus (P) Mobile Element and Macro Element

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most important parts of Phosphorus is: It aids in root growth and influences the vigour of the plant and is
    one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate seedlings.
    Phosphorus is an essential plant nutrient, and since it is needed in large amounts, it is classified as a macronutrient. Phosphorus is a MAJOR important nutrient in the plants reproductive stages. Without this element the plants will have a lot of problems blooming without proper levels of Phosphorus.

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size of your plants. Not enough causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of Phosphorus causes slow growths in leaves that may or may not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or half of the leaves can be brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl up in the air a bit. Fan leaves will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue colour to them. Sometimes the stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus deficiency. This isn’t a sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show the red petioles and stems from its genes.
    So pretty much the overall dark green colour with a purple, red, or blue tint to the fan leaves is a good sign of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome for plants.
    Many people get a Phosphorus deficiency confused with a fungus problem because the ends of the leaves look like a fungus problem, But the damage occurs at the end of the leaves. side of the leaves and has a glass like feeling to it as if it had a ph problem. Parts affected by a phosphorus deficiency are: Older Leaves, Whole plant, Petioles.

Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc, potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
    As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates when concentrated and combined with calcium

Even seedlings need Phosphorus (P);)