Pax by Ploom warranty voided by...?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SunshineInUhBag, Feb 12, 2013.

1. There is a massive difference in price between the two not to mention the pax is portable. That's like saying if your Ford is playing up buy a Rolls Royce!!

2. But if you buy a Volcano you will know you are going to get a hit and for the money i have bought a digital 2nd hand  Volcano on Ebay for about the same as, actually less than the  new cost of a Pax Ploom which will, from what I hear, last a couple of months tops.

If you want portable go buy a Da Vinci or a Skyda no temperamental problems there. The volcano is the Rolls Royce not portable, true but the bags/balloons are portable, I fill about 4 before I go out and put em in a box in the car, now that's portable.

Model T man, you must like the suspense of unreliability.

The Volcano is  the top hitter. Pax off.
    I would buy a Pax if they were licensed for sale in Amsterdam and always reliable.  But the equivalent of F and Drug admin have said no. 

3. I wouldn't compare portability when it comes to the Volcano vs the Pax, or any vape thats classified a portable. While the cano is the rolls royce, I'm not really down with the condensation that can occur in the bags or balloons. Plus, walking around in public sucking off a balloon or bag isn't exactly stealthy. While I am a Pax owner who's recently retired mine for an MFLB (much better unit imo), both these units are waaaay more portable than a bag/balloon from a cano. But hey! To each their own yeah?

Most users looking for portability want to carry it in their pocket and hit on demand. Tough to do with a bag... but then again, not even sure why I'm comparing these two. One's a desktop, one is portable. But again, if you've figured out how to make a cano portable, rock'n'roll, and the hardcore love you.

As far as the original topic goes, yeah you have to clean the Pax. Basically have to baby it after each night you've used it. I've checked my Pax after 2 weeks of not using it, and no I haven't cleaned it, and the mouthpiece feels a bit sticky. So glad I switched back to my MFLB.

4. Honestly Pax gave me the most amazing customer service. I had no receipt only a store and a date of purchase. They didn't ask any further questions and I had a new fully functional pax within a week. 

5. #25 coronasmith, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Are you all sure you had authentic pax by ploom? From what I've read the colors on the indicator light are yellow, orange & red. Clones or fakes have the other colors. Here's a link to a thread about the differences between the real units and the fakes

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fake-pax-vaporizers-bootlegs.9016/page-2

Sounds like some May have bought fakes. If that's the case I can see no warranty. As far as the warranty not being valid for ones not bought directly through them or an authorized retailer it's clearly stated in the warranty so stop crying.

Or maybe they have the incorrect info because checking the official site there's more than three colors for the indicator light.

I know there are a lot of Pax knockoff's out there. Including some that look JUST like a real Pax. There's a way to tell if thats a knockoff by checking battery life, charge time and heat up time. Ploom's only way of dealing with it is if people show up with a knockoff then they won't entertain the warranty. The best way to know you're getting the warranty is to buy from an authorized reseller (which can be hard to spot regardless), or directly from Ploom's website. 

I bought my Pax from an authorized reseller in Northern VA. They gave me all this Ploom literature which covered warranty and things of that nature.

7. I've also dealt with Pax...After starting a site to sell some myself since I love mine so much, they sent me a nasty message on my Facebook page...mostly about how I'm not allowed to sell these online.  So I called the number she left and it was the wrong number... so I emailed to try and find a work-around since it was blatantly obvious Vapeworld is selling these online with Ploom's knowledge... I got zero response.  I have to admit, my previous excitement about my Pax quickly disipated when they acted like such jerk offs!  Now I see this and realize its not just me, that's truly the way the company is run.  Fuckin lame man.  I'm gonna find some other vapes to sell instead...

8. Wow I would of bought one on eBay too smh.
    They are really jerks than I see...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

The guys that make The Hammer deal in wholesale....

10. So you are butt hurt because pax wont let you sell their vaporizer?

11. I am taking PAX to court because they won't give me customer support. Three people who contacted me from PAX gave me conflicting statements. My PAX matched the photos they sent to 'prove' counterfeiting, My device is working well. I am asking for maximum damages because, I believe PAX has tried to intimidate me. Check it out yourself. The warranty follows the product. The 'authorized dealer' clause is not valid in California.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. Maximum damages?   Being bullied by Pax?    Runnnn...................... :bolt:

13. I'm actually surprised to hear all these issues with Ploom's support. When I first bought my Pax, I bought it from a brick and mortar store and was concerned it was fake. I was able to use their online chat, who looked up the serial for me and told me it definitely was legitimate, but it was purchased at a totally different store and had been resold to me.

He assured me that my warranty was still valid for all 10 years and that I had an authentic Pax. I haven't had the need to send it in yet but it's good having the documentation saying my warranty is good.

I don't think the issues is with Ploom's support but rather an issue of either not reading the warranty qualifications BEFORE they purchase the product or reading them, not agreeing with them, but purchasing the product anyway and then through a hissy fit when the manufacture stands behind those qualifications.

In this case, the onus is not on Ploom but rather the consumer.