Pax by Ploom warranty voided by...?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SunshineInUhBag, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Hellloo :) Created an account on this site because I read the forums often and I know how helpful the community is and how informative you all can be so I'm hoping someone can answer my question.

I bought Pax by Ploom (It is literally like the Prius of all the methods of making your green last a long time) Despite the issue I am having with it, I still think it was worth every penny and a great investment.

I am having problems with the mouth piece already, although I clean it after every use the mouth piece will sometimes still stick and not come up. I'm certain its something to do with the alignment of the mouth piece because when held in the correct place the unit works fine. Sometimes I have to hold the mouth piece the entire time I vape or the light goes from GREEN to RED

Anyways it's very annoying and I was thinking about sending in to get a new one via the warranty, but I was wondering of anybody had sent their unit back under the warranty after having used Pot in it. I know lots of things void that warranty and I was wondering what precautions should I take before sending it back to the manufacturer. What if I clean the crap out of it, send it back and through some method they realize what it's been used for, will they just send it back to me and refuse to fix it or will they keep it?

Anybody have any experience? Muuuuch appreciated.

"Pot will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no pot"

2. i am having the same issue except my mouth piece pops up just fine (after i clean it), the light bounces from green to red or from purple to red when heating up.

i have to jiggle the mouth piece to get it to go back and it is annoying. not sure whats causing it cause i clean the hell out of it.

even when it is dirty and the mouth piece is starting to pop up and close slower or with more drag, i clean it and its back to how it was when it was brand new.

but that red light still haunts me no matter what :(

3. lol "that red light still haunts me" I feel the same way! Like the light will be green and everything will be fine and then BAM red light. It's awful :(

4. The Red Light of Death, Pax style.

5. You should be fine sending it in having used it. They want customer satisfaction, I think they even expect to get units that have had weed used in them. Not all medical MJ patients smoke, you know ;)

6. Just clean the hell out of it and burn some mint or other herb, you can run some tobacco threw it also Whatever floats your boat man

7. lol Brilliant. You're brilliant. Suuuch a good idea to run tobacco through it.

8. My first Pax would blink yellow when I would try to heat it up too. Emailed Ploom about the issue, they gave me return number, so I cleaned it up, and sent it back. They either fix it for you or send you a new one.

9. I HAD a pax ploom. So, I tend to answer from bottom to top according to your question. They won't care about the weed smell lol, believe me, they know 90% of people are smoking weed out of this. So don't worry about that. Just email the contact support tell them you the situation and you want to ship it back. If your in the states they will send a box for you to ship it back in so you don't have to pay anything. They will either fix the pax or send you a new one.

Honestly though man.. I had the same problem, I cleaned the crap out of it, it worked beautifully for the first few weeks, and then slowly it would show the red/orange/yellow light and now it will not go to green unless I hold the mouth piece down. I'm returning mine for a refund, i love the device it works great when it works but I think the mouth piece thing is going to happen again even if I get a new advice, that's what everybody seems to be having a problem when it comes to the pax. Maybe next year I will buy one when they fix the mouth piece.

10. I bought a Pax by Ploom off of ebay. The unit has a 10 year warranty that the company will not honor because eBay is not an authorized distributor. The unit was sold to someone from Vapeworld.com to sell on eBay. Vapeworld.com is aware of Ploom's policy on 3rd party distributors, but are violating it by working with or just even knowing about someone purchasing from them to sell on ebay. I contacted the seller about it needing repair, He contacted Vapeworld.com and a lady there contacted Ploom to set up my account so it could be sent in for repair. That there tells you Vapeworld.com is aware of what the seller is doing with them. This was explained to Ploom and I was told the following. It is a clip from an email from a Ploom rep.

The bottom line is we don't utilize online retailers so any Pax purchased online shouldn't be there, even if the store owns a brick and mortar location, they aren't supposed to offer it online.

Then he proceeded to tell me...

I want you to know we don't want to make life more difficult for you and we would love to make our product more widely available but we're killin it at the moment and life is good, don't mess with success,

Then when talking to the Customer Service manager about what Vapeworld.com is doing...she proceeded to tell me....

Kelly (Ploom)
    Aug 28 13:50 (PDT)

Vape World is an authorized distributor of Ploom products. eBay is not unfortunately. We've logged this particular device's serial number in our records.

Vapeworld.com is one of only a few authorized online retailers. Before making any investments in high end products it's always best to check with the manufacturer before hand.

They are awfully cocky and very unsatisfactory customer service. The end user is paying for a distributor not following Ploom's rules on online sales. It is amazing how the first rep said it should not be available online for purchase then when questioned about Vapeworld.com all of a sudden they are authorized to sell online. Seriously what consumer contacts the manufacturer before buying their product or goes to their website to read the warranty rules. I don't know about most people but I only look at warranty information when in need of warranty service This company is a joke steer clear of them. My main point with it all is if vapeworld.com is authorized to sell online then why in the hell does it matter where I bought it online as long as it was brand new at purchase. If only the person who purchased it has the warranty what about those given as gifts? I think the company is just trying to get out of honoring their warrant What is the difference between vapeworld website and. EBay....not a damn thing...it should not matter where the product was bought, the company should be grateful a unit was sold.

A great alternative is the VM3 by volatizer. It is slightly bigger, has better exact temp control and its battery last 4 times longer. My unit had an issue after the warranty ran out but they still fixed my unit for free. Unlike the Pax that needs cleaned weekly to keep at optimum performance, I rarely have to clean my VM3

http://www.volatizer.com/html/vm3_unit.html

Remember kiddos they are "killen it at the moment, and life is good, so why mess with success" and that "when investing high end products its always best to check with the manufacturer".

Ploom is going to continue selling units to vapeworld.com to get that income even though its been brought to their attention what is actually happening over at Vapeworld.com which one would assume is a blatant breach of sales agreement between the 2 companies. In the end myself the consumer/end user takes the hit and I sit here with a broken unit. According to Ploom insists it is my fault because I didn't check their warranty page on ploom's website where it explains about 3rd party distributors. All I can say is I've never dealt with any more of a greedy company which their comments prove. You would think with it being a fairly new product on the market they would be trying to please any consumer with an issue. They also had the balls to include in their email that I should feel free to purchase any accessories I need for my pax from them.

All in all Poor Customer service, and horrible experience with the product. Broke in less than a week.

If any consumer wants to see the correspondence between myself and Ploom feel free to msg me on AIM psych0sis98 I will be happy to share!

11. I dont really think you need to find ever pax thread to copypasta that on to.

12. thanks for the heads up everyone says the pax isnt that great anyways..i for sure wont be buying one now

13. #13 photo-journ, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013

From my experience with a Pax by Ploom you are pretty lucky to have gotten a reply.

I live in Thaialnd and becasue Ploom won't ship the Pax internationally and becasue of the high import duties and taxes here in any event I had a buddy pick a Pax by Ploom up for me when he was in the US three months ago.

While a Pax by Ploom looks like a slick unit and the reviews from people who rip open the box and start to write about it or make VDO reports are good my experience is that the quality of the a Pax by Ploom drops off fairly quickly.

In Thaialnd the MJ is pretty crap in any event as most of what's readily available is field grown and then compressed into blocks before being smuggled over the border from Cambodia or Myanmar. No buds, brown and dry.

Initially the Pax by Ploom worked fine and the unit held a charge for a good session. The charge holding ability of the a Pax by Ploom soon started to deteriorate and the time between recharges got shorter and shorter.

The cleaning requirements of the a Pax by Ploom are also fairly demanding and if not performed regularly the unit soon starts to deliver less than quality results.

After about three months of use the little button inside the a Pax by Ploom for changing the heat setting just stopped working. It was only then that I, like psychosis98 tried to get warranty support. Ten year guarantee!! BS!

I emailed Ploom and explained the situation to them - the buddy who bought the unit for me was killed in a motorbike accident in Phuket last month so he can't take it back on his next trip and I have no idea who he bought it from.

Thinking that Ploom would be a reputable company from all the hype that's been created for the Pax by Ploom and be able to trace the serial number of the unit from where and when it was purchased and honour its warranty I was (and still am) totally p*ssed that my correspondece with them has been totally ignored.

This is the first instance of a US supplier of any goods refusing to honour warranty for portable devices being used outside of the USA that I have come across for more than 10 years - let alone not even acknowledge a users complaint - and in my mind it's totally unethical, as are the reasons for refusing to honour warranty outlined in the posting above.

The Pax by Ploom is not a cheap, low-end product. While it may be possible to force Ploom to honour its warranty under consumer protection and fair trade laws why should any user have to go to those extremes?

One of the businesses I run from Thailand is a mail order business and we honour product warranties world-wide and most often don't even insist on the faulty item being returned becasue of the purchase price of most of the items. The people who work in my mail order business respond to every email they receive within 24 hours.

If Ploom are now so arrogant and unresponsive to customers who spend their hard-earned money on an expensive item such as the Pax by Ploom then people should be aware of it and make their purchasing decisions fully aware that the so-called 10 year guarantee is going to be honoured only when the company has no room to get out of honouring it.

Overall, pretty dissapointed in the Pax by Ploom and by Ploom as a suppplier. As a vape, the Pax by Ploom makes an expensive paper weight.

As for the reply posted by POTatato Head above, why shouldn't he / her? You don't think people should be aware of what they are dealing with when it comes to buying a Pax by Ploom?

You condone the actions of a company that sells a high-priced product and then wants to limit its warranty when called on to honour it? There's a question of morals and integrity here and Ploom are showing they have neither.

Unless Ploom want to come out and state publicly that there are counterfeit Plax vapes in the market - or that they are selling units that fail to pass quality control cheaply to dodgy reseller - and for that reasons they will only honour the warranty for Plax vapes that are purchased from authorized distributors and resellers there is no moral, ethical, or legal reason for them to take this stance apart from want to f*ck people.

Every Plax by Ploom has a serial number so it's pretty darn easy for them to track who they sold / shipped it to.

14. #14 POTatato Head, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    My reply was to the fact that the guy spammed that message across in to every pax thread. It is unnecessary. The information is plainly posted on the warranty page of the pax website.So instead of some long drawn out hate post he could just link people to the page. http://www.ploom.com/warranty-exclusions-and-limitations-advisory

"Warranty applies to original end-user purchaser only. Warranty does not apply should you purchase through a 3rd party reseller such as eBay and Craigslist. Warranty is non-transferable. Warranty only applies to devices purchased at any authorized retailer serviced by an authorized Ploom distributor. For questions regarding authorized retailers, please contact us via email or chat at www.Ploom.com/Support.
    Warranty is only serviceable in the US and Canada. As Pax is only available for purchase in the US and Canada, Ploom is only set up to service warranty issues in these locations. Pax is not currently available in the UK / Europe.
    Intentionally opening up or disassembling your device in any way will void your warranty.
    - See more at: http://www.ploom.com/warranty-exclusions-and-limitations-advisory#sthash.VtyLYcLb.dpuf"

People dont complain when they get the cheaper prices from non authorized dealers so why do they complain about the units not being warrantied? Maybe people should stop forgetting that you get what you pay for.

15. So save your receipt?

16. #16 The Miracle, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    [quote name="SunshineInUhBag" post="17215806" timestamp="1360697068"]Hellloo :) Created an account on this site because I read the forums often and I know how helpful the community is and how informative you all can be so I'm hoping someone can answer my question.I bought Pax by Ploom (It is literally like the Prius of all the methods of making your green last a long time) Despite the issue I am having with it, I still think it was worth every penny and a great investment. I am having problems with the mouth piece already, although I clean it after every use the mouth piece will sometimes still stick and not come up. I'm certain its something to do with the alignment of the mouth piece because when held in the correct place the unit works fine. Sometimes I have to hold the mouth piece the entire time I vape or the light goes from GREEN to RED Anyways it's very annoying and I was thinking about sending in to get a new one via the warranty, but I was wondering of anybody had sent their unit back under the warranty after having used Pot in it. I know lots of things void that warranty and I was wondering what precautions should I take before sending it back to the manufacturer. What if I clean the crap out of it, send it back and through some method they realize what it's been used for, will they just send it back to me and refuse to fix it or will they keep it?Anybody have any experience? Muuuuch appreciated. "Pot will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no pot"[/quote]Get some pax lube, it's the general problem with the mouth piece, in their instruction manual pax doesn't say to lube it up but the owner of a lhs was like this is it and handed me pax lube and it was fixed within 1 min or so. They say to put lube on the outside and inside of the metal part of the mouth piece and click a dozen or so times to get it spread out Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Why does it matter if you get it from an authorized dealer or not? Don't they have serial numbers of the devices? If I buy it from Joe Shmoe and he got it from an "authorized" dealer, shouldn't Ploom honor the warranty since it is their product?

18. Im not sure exactly, but most likely they would rather let the authorized dealers deal with warranty situations instead of doint it themselves. Many companies do this.

Shouldnt people just buy from authorized dealers? yes.

19. I bought my Pax as an impulse buy on eBay. Didn't know about the warranty when I bought it and only found out today when I attempted to send it in for service. I was appalled by the snarky treatment I received. Totally condescending and unappreciative that I even bought a Pax in the first place. Since, my warranty was invalid I asked what it might cost for service and repair. Their response: $250. That's the cost of a new unit! Well then, you should of made your purchase from an authorized vendor in the first place.

Okay, I admit I made a mistake. But, it seems like Ploom actually took delight in not having to offer even paid warranty service. Do they stand by their products or not? Even if I was under warranty I shouldn't have been talked down to like that. Really was rubbed the wrong way by the entire experience. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Ploom.

20. "The best fix" is not to buy a pax Ploom Vape they are infamous for unreliability and the warranty is, I have hears equally unable tone relied on, Buy a Digital Volcano instead.